the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
You just forgot how to burrito. You've got to keep that foil on it!

Lol thought I did leave enough foil, obviously not. (I think I just outed myself as a gringo lol)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Lol thought I did leave enough foil, obviously not. (I think I just outed myself as a gringo lol)

I gave up on the burritos a long time ago. Now I just do the bowls much easier to eat.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I gave up on the burritos a long time ago. Now I just do the bowls much easier to eat.

One word: quesorito... now if thats not some amazing deliciousness right there then I don't know what is

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't suppose it helped that the darn pager went off before I could even pull the foil wrapped burrito from the bag lol

wildrivermedic

Forum Crew Member
Assisted with my first RSI last night. We're in California, and when the Oregon flight crew RSIs they have a lot of spectators / helping hands. This time was the first since I started medic school, and everyone made sure I had a good view of the video laryngoscope screen. The flight nurse asked how I was at reconstituting medications. "Errrr, I've only had one week of classes" was my answer, but he still handed me the Vec.

It's starting to sink in how things are gonna change when/if I get licensed. I'll be the only active medic in this half of the county. I won't be doing RSI, but I will have so much more responsibility than I do as an EMT. There's a whole paralytic cocktail of emotions involved in that.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
I've done those renal runs. Our dispatch actually sent us at an appropriate time (end of session) so that the patient's done, or nearly done and will be ready to go in a reasonable timeframe. It made for minimal waiting.

I've also done a few of those ground transport organ retrievals. Those were usually wait & return. Returns were always Code 3 to minimize any delays that the organ was not being perfused. There's some newfangled machines that actually perfuse organs and I hope they prove safe, effective, and lots of programs use them. It would prevent/eliminate the need for L&S runs with a team and the recovered organ...

I do those on night shift a lot and got in trouble for laughing when they asked for lights and sirens.

I dont even need to run code to make a 911 on time at night, let alone an organ run.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Dang. One of my good friends was shot in the head accidentally on Sunday when his revolver slipped and landed on the hammer. He died late last night. Why does life always take the good ones so freaking early, and leave the goobers and crudballs behind?

This doesn't seem real. At all. Makes it through his time in the Corps just fine, with combat, then a wild, freak accident gets him? Sheesh...

Anyhow, I'm working today and tonight, and tomorrow during the day, then driving to Missouri tomorrow night, at his funeral Friday, driving back Friday night for work Saturday. If you are the praying type, I'd appreciate your prayers for his family, and my travels.

Gonna miss you Joel, won't be the same down here without you. I'll see you on the other side buddy. Rest easy.

Lights my thoughts are with you and all of those affected by this tragedy. That's terrible, I guess the saying "the good die young" really is true but it damn well shouldn't be!

I've asked myself that question as to why they take the good ones and have yet to find and answer.

I've lost too many young friends too soon and while never under the same circumstance I can somewhat relate. If you need anyone to talk to, vent to, cry to, scream to/at, whatever it may be please don't hesitate to ask. I'm always around, phone is always on if you prefer that as well.

Stay strong brother.

Rest In Peace.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Dang. One of my good friends was shot in the head accidentally on Sunday when his revolver slipped and landed on the hammer. He died late last night. Why does life always take the good ones so freaking early, and leave the goobers and crudballs behind?

This doesn't seem real. At all. Makes it through his time in the Corps just fine, with combat, then a wild, freak accident gets him? Sheesh...

Anyhow, I'm working today and tonight, and tomorrow during the day, then driving to Missouri tomorrow night, at his funeral Friday, driving back Friday night for work Saturday. If you are the praying type, I'd appreciate your prayers for his family, and my travels.

Gonna miss you Joel, won't be the same down here without you. I'll see you on the other side buddy. Rest easy.
Sorry to hear that you lost a good buddy. Remember to give yourself time to grieve. Just be safe in your travels above all else.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Sorry to hear about this. If you need someone to talk to or vent to my inbox is always open.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
FP-C scheduled for the first of October. Lets see how it goes

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

CALEMT

And for the 5th straight day the Coachella valley gets a flash flood warning.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
And for the 5th straight day the Coachella valley gets a flash flood warning.

This rain is pissing me off. Its really acidic. I've been having to go out each night and clean off my truck before my paint gets more damage.

CALEMT

This rain is pissing me off. Its really acidic. I've been having to go out each night and clean off my truck before my paint gets more damage.

We're you out in Palm Springs Tuesday when it was a absolute down pour... oh and while writing this post just got the second flash flood warning in less than 30 minutes.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We're you out in Palm Springs Tuesday when it was a absolute down pour... oh and while writing this post just got the second flash flood warning in less than 30 minutes.

Nope. I haven't been able to pick up a shift in the last 2 weeks.

CALEMT

Nope. I haven't been able to pick up a shift in the last 2 weeks.

You missed out. Straight downpour for about 30 minutes then steady rain and by the look of it their getting it again today.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Couple that with heat in the first part of the day...yikes. I was the the Empire Polo Club today.

CALEMT

Couple that with heat in the first part of the day...yikes. I was the the Empire Polo Club today.

Well it was only 108 today... couple weeks ago it was getting up to 115-125

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Traded up my tactical black littman classic II for a dark olive green cardiology III.

Subsequently got kicked out of the Tactical Stethy club at work :(