the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I remember those renal days.

I remember renal rodeos and 5150s, thank goodness all bls does in this county is run 911 and occasional hospital to hospital IFTs. And yes even as a bls unit we have control of a scene :)

My current company must be one of the only in LA Co that doesn't do renal rodeo. We will occasionally drop someone off or pick them up but I can honestly say its been months since I've been to a dialysis center

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
There's some newfangled machines that actually perfuse organs and I hope they prove safe, effective, and lots of programs use them. It would prevent/eliminate the need for L&S runs with a team and the recovered organ...

I'm just waiting to be able to grow the darn things already...though I can see it supporting more bad behavior...someone out there would try and have the world record for most livers drunk through. lol

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm just waiting to be able to grow the darn things already...though I can see it supporting more bad behavior...someone out there would try and have the world record for most livers drunk through. lol

That would probably be cost prohibitive, but stranger things have happened.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
When I was doing the renal rodeo, the dispatcher would always check with the dialysis unit coordinator on times so we arrived just as the patient was finishing. Worked out well for us.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang. One of my good friends was shot in the head accidentally on Sunday when his revolver slipped and landed on the hammer. He died late last night. Why does life always take the good ones so freaking early, and leave the goobers and crudballs behind?

This doesn't seem real. At all. Makes it through his time in the Corps just fine, with combat, then a wild, freak accident gets him? Sheesh...

Anyhow, I'm working today and tonight, and tomorrow during the day, then driving to Missouri tomorrow night, at his funeral Friday, driving back Friday night for work Saturday. If you are the praying type, I'd appreciate your prayers for his family, and my travels.

Gonna miss you Joel, won't be the same down here without you. I'll see you on the other side buddy. Rest easy.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Dang. One of my good friends was shot in the head accidentally on Sunday when his revolver slipped and landed on the hammer. He died late last night. Why does life always take the good ones so freaking early, and leave the goobers and crudballs behind?

This doesn't seem real. At all. Makes it through his time in the Corps just fine, with combat, then a wild, freak accident gets him? Sheesh...

Anyhow, I'm working today and tonight, and tomorrow during the day, then driving to Missouri tomorrow night, at his funeral Friday, driving back Friday night for work Saturday. If you are the praying type, I'd appreciate your prayers for his family, and my travels.

Gonna miss you Joel, won't be the same down here without you. I'll see you on the other side buddy. Rest easy.
Hey man, I'm sorry for your loss.
If you need anything, send me a message.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The same. Losing a good friend to a senseless accident sucks. I'm sorry for your loss and here if you just want to vent or chat...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief

Sorry to hear that my friend. Much love, thoughts, and good karma sent your way.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
And that's why I'm looking foreword to working at AMR

Yeah, but you'll get something much much worse...you'll get the frequent fliers, the 1st and 15th's, the I-have-insurance-medi-medi, and the dreaded It's-not-everyday-I-get-to-wash-all-my-parts lady. It's a give and take really.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
And that's why I'm looking foreword to working at AMR

Lol that's so strange to hear! Nobody says that around here :lol:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Today marks the second day in a row with no nurse on the CCT shift, but minor trivialities aside...

@lightsandsirens5

That's a damn shame, terrible tragedy. Never easy to lose a friend. Prayers for all his family and friends.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
And I'm back to the single life...hmmm.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
And I'm back to the single life...hmmm.

3tpeaf.jpg

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I heard Rob was looking... :lol:

Well then there we go...

I dunno. Nine months doesn't sound like an impressive relationship, but you know for a college kid/post grad that's like an eternity so we'll see how this goes. Definitely glad that I don't have drive 70 miles one way every week. She had no car so I had to drive all the time and that was driving me up the wall big time.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Chipotle burrito = deliciousness

Until the darn thing falls apart halfway through eating it. I feel like I should be in one of those heartburn commercials where the food starts slapping the person around, except I don't need any special effects :s

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Chipotle burrito = deliciousness

Until the darn thing falls apart halfway through eating it. I feel like I should be in one of those heartburn commercials where the food starts slapping the person around, except I don't need any special effects :s

You just forgot how to burrito. You've got to keep that foil on it!