the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
How to knock yourself out: run headlong into an opposing soccer player.

Walk around a bit, moaning and holding your head.

Puke. All over.

Unconscious/unresponsive x15 minutes.

Yeah, that got a trip to the neuro center of the night (it rotates here).

She ended up with a decent concussion. TBI FTW!

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Once again, another slow day that allows me to explore more ways to spend money.

So far this morning I've looked at getting new exhaust, coilovers, a new Sig Sauer...or a new STi. Why?

chillybreeze

Forum Lieutenant
Ever had one of those calls where you just wanted to go home and hug your teenager? Yeah I had one of those last night!

Got called out to an underage drinking party for unresponsive but breathing patient who was postive ETOH. Upon arrival found her in the backseat of a car. Kids around her stated that she had been seen with a big bottle of Jose Cuervo amd ad consumes most of it herself. Patient was unresponsive to any kind of stimuli. Bystanders said that she was found on the side of the dirt road that they were all partying on and they couldnt wake her up so they put her in the car to keep her warm.

Vital signs were all good....resp good......12 lead good.....fsbs great......pupils totally dilated.....had thrown up 3 times that they know of. Sherrifs dept on board and we are trying to get in contact with the parents. She was 17 for 3 whole days!!!

After all was said and done she was found to have 6 times the legal limit of alcohol, weed, spice, oxy, ecstacy, and some other stuff I cant remember in her system.

She ended up being transferred to our trauma center and was on a vent the last time I heard. The sherrifs office was told by someone that she was having sex with some guy when she went unresponsive and he left her to go get help!! Ended up helping get ready for rape kit and was found to have tears and bleeding in anus.

Calls like that make it hard to go back to sleep when you get back to the station and all you want to do is go home and hug your kids.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Feel horrible today. Time to tak a zofran and see if that helps. If not the next step is to call 911 :rofl:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I have changed my tune on IN versed. It has failed me the last few times I tried. It's simply too unreliable.

Also had a ridiculous night last night. I came home at 0700, slept until 1300 and still don't feel remotely human.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Once again, another slow day that allows me to explore more ways to spend money.

So far this morning I've looked at getting new exhaust, coilovers, a new Sig Sauer...or a new STi. Why?
Pssh, forget STi's. JK, they're pretty badass.
A buddy of mine has one, thought it was quicker than my Trans Am, because of the AWD. Not even close, hahaha. He can actually *gasp* corner, though. :rofl:
He just had it put in the shop and they're doing over 30k of upgrades on it (kid doesn't know anything about working on cars. His family has $$$$$, though). It's a pretty fun car to drive, overall. His G8 GXP, though. That thing is amazing... Haha

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Pssh, forget STi's. JK, they're pretty badass.
A buddy of mine has one, thought it was quicker than my Trans Am, because of the AWD. Not even close, hahaha. He can actually *gasp* corner, though. :rofl:
He just had it put in the shop and they're doing over 30k of upgrades on it (kid doesn't know anything about working on cars. His family has $$$$$, though). It's a pretty fun car to drive, overall. His G8 GXP, though. That thing is amazing... Haha

I don't know, I love my current STi, but being the typical insatiable 23 year old, I just want something newer.

You have a WS6?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I don't know, I love my current STi, but being the typical insatiable 23 year old, I just want something newer.

You have a WS6?
Unfortunately, it's a non-WS6. The original owner had already added the ram air system and a Borla exhaust, though. Then i found a high rise hatch, so its a perfect clone now.I've done other mods, haven't gotten around to the actual "handling" part of the WS6 handling package, though, haha
Got a good deal on ot, but it took a decent amount to get it running. Original owner put it in storage in '01, then passed last year and the executor of the estate found the receipt for the unit and put it up for sale. Had no idea what it was worth, so I paid 3k for it, then 2 or 3 replacing all the gaskets, and that type of stuff from improper storage.

JPINFV

Gadfly

Which current STI do you have? Gonorrhea? Chlymedia? You could always go for one of the rarer ones like donovanosis.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Which current STI do you have? Gonorrhea? Chlymedia? You could always go for one of the rarer ones like donovanosis.

I had to google that last one...Oy vey.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

He is a 23 year old male, so all of the above :rofl:

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
So...the more time I spend here...the more I want to get my medic...
Or maybe...just maybe...do a post-bac.

Ruh-roh.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
Posted on the strip. Very interesting people out on a Sunday afternoon.
Does AMR Vegas keep you pretty busy? Are you guys the sole IFT provider out that way too?

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Does AMR Vegas keep you pretty busy? Are you guys the sole IFT provider out that way too?

It is a very busy 911 system. Both 911 company's out here do IFTs as well as an ambulance company in Henderson. Medi-Car takes the ones that don't need to be monitored.

Chris07

It is a very busy 911 system. Both 911 company's out here do IFTs as well as an ambulance company in Henderson. Medi-Car takes the ones that don't need to be monitored.
I understand you all are I/P staffed...but how do you play along with LVFD? Who's in charge? Do you play the whoever gets there first is in charge game or is it the FD is in charge on scene until you pull away type game?

Also...are you guys have stations? Do you post all day everyday? 24s? 12s?

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
I understand you all are I/P staffed...but how do you play along with LVFD? Who's in charge? Do you play the whoever gets there first is in charge game or is it the FD is in charge on scene until you pull away type game?

Also...are you guys have stations? Do you post all day everyday? 24s? 12s?

I'll send you a PM

Chris07

;) :ph34r:

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
What is wrong with Kia?

A lot. I drove one.

They only have an estimated life-span of 10 years.
The back seat seat-belts are for children or anorexic adults, and even the Kia dealers (or at least the ones in my area) don't carry the seat-belt extenders that are supposed to be available by law.
Parts are hard to find, and when you do find them, they're expensive ($80 for a wiper-arm, $1000 for a transmission, etc)
Transmission fluid is expensive, and not carried by many places (in my area at least)