the 100% directionless thread

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Definitely a "bug" rather than "windshield" day.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Foxfi + galaxy note + Bluetooth keyboard is a win, free internet and college

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
So here is my story from yesterday.

fell on her causing her to take a header into the base of an ATM machine. She did end up having a minor lac on her head. She got transported after fire over reacted and c-spined her.

bert-stare-o.gif

Do you guys use capnography to confirm ETT?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Me: It really is unfair that guys do not have to suffer anything comparable to menstruation
Guy: Yes we do; its called putting up with girls who have it!

*looks for some sort of sharp object suited to wounding

Um ... wrong answer? :p :D

I think it's the best answer I've ever heard.

Definitely a "bug" rather than "windshield" day.

I hear that. We're understaffed and running 10% more calls than this time last year....and we're about to lost like 5 or 6 medics to Fire next week :wacko:

Capnography is mandatory in NZ

Same here.

Had my first heroine OD as a medic today. Only have seen a handful of them as an I and they were all still awake just "on the nod".

GCS of 6 (1/1/4), apneic (I said apneic, partner said "no she's guppy breathing like 4 times a minute") Spo2% of 35, and completely cyanotic from head to toe. 2 mg of IN narcan worked beautifully. Boost her respiratory drive in seconds but she didn't wake up until we got to the ER and even then she was A&Ox2 with a gcs of 13 (3/4/6). Pretty cool call. I've lost a few very close friends to that nasty drug and it felt good to save her and keep her friends and family from going through what I've been through too many times. Actually felt like I made a difference for once.

I love how she continually lied about it even after I pointed out the track marks and the homemade TQ she still had on her arm. The whole time she was denying it, before I found the TQ, Greg House was whispering "everybody lies" in the back of my head.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Heart stabbing, periarrest on arrival with one deep stab to left anterior chest,. Decompressed, IO access, King Airway. Coded, ROSC, watched cardiac massage, died in OR about thirty minutes later.
Needle decompression wasn't as dramatic as I thought.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Yall have run better calls in 1 week than I have in a couple months. I cant remember my last serious 911 trauma call..Or overdose. Much less an OD that serious.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Someone stole my debit card number. Fortunately, it's the account that only has my spending money in it between pay periods. I bet they were really sad when that big purchase at Walmart.com was declined.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Someone stole my debit card number. Fortunately, it's the account that only has my spending money in it between pay periods. I bet they were really sad when that big purchase at Walmart.com was declined.

Dang thiefs.

A few years ago someone tagged mine early in the morning right after payroll hit. Whole check was used from France to get plane tickets.

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
I had someone try to buy strippers in London with my credit card once...but thankfully my bank declined the purchase, due to them getting my address wrong.

Now I shred my mail religiously.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I think I left myself logges into chat. Hmmm..

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
10 weeks to go.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 299856_4887587101063_2119383070_n.jpg
    299856_4887587101063_2119383070_n.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 288
Last edited by a moderator:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I had to take a backboard away from somebody who just wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

Let me just say if any BLS person tried to put me on a backboard after I said no... Whew. You wouldn't want to be around for that.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I had to take a backboard away from somebody who just wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

Let me just say if any BLS person tried to put me on a backboard after I said no... Whew. You wouldn't want to be around for that.

Protocol said to do it. Therefore, it has to be done.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yall have run better calls in 1 week than I have in a couple months. I cant remember my last serious 911 trauma call..Or overdose. Much less an OD that serious.

Wanna trade? We've been consistently doing 11-12 transports per 12 hour shift with how understaffed we are lately. That doesn't include AMAs. Gotta love priority 1 calls pending, we had a working arrest pending the other day...fire was not happy with us when we showed up.

Saw something like 23 patients Thursday cause of a couple MVAs that boosted our count pretty fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Hm, will your company be hiring after I get my paramedic? Lol.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
bert-stare-o.gif

Do you guys use capnography to confirm ETT?

Yes we do...but this particular person refused to believe the "numbers" because he felt it was good. Needless to say he was overridden, and the issue fixed.

I wanted to pull out my hair.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkL9SB06Tpc[/YOUTUBE]

Reminds me of a bad (if smacking of truth) image demonstrating the Godlike attributes of the medical director.