the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Rob, any tips for a Vegas newbie? Looking for restaurants, etc.
Also, what ER's the best out there, haha?

That downtown Vegas corner he mentioned is probably a good place to start...

Achilles

Forum Moron
OH-YEAH.jpg
My funeral is going to include an elaborate North Korean set piece play and an appearance of the Grim Reaper.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
That downtown Vegas corner he mentioned is probably a good place to start...

:rofl:

Cracking up laughing in the library...not a good move on my part. :p

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
Totally Random Post of the Day:

I find it extremely fascinating that most things that we do everyday have such a strong historical origin behind them. For example, take hand shaking.

Hand shaking, a common greeting "ritual" can be traced back a long time. In medieval times (not the dinner-and-a-show joint :p) it was used as a gesture that you come in peace and that you are not armed. In offering your hand to another you show that your hand does not conceal a weapon. Reciprocating the gesture shows that you accept the other's gesture and are likewise unarmed. An open hand shows that you are not carrying a weapon (at least not in your dominant hand :p).

Next time you shake someone's hand just think about it...there's meaning behind why you do it. ;)

...yes I was really bored and began Googling nonsense. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Rob, any tips for a Vegas newbie? Looking for restaurants, etc.
Also, what ER's the best out there, haha?

I honestly couldn't tell you. I've only been to Vegas once with my dad when I was 19. It's like a 10 hour drive to get there.

We stayed at the Excalibur and the Luxor, they were cool but I'm sure there's way better places to go. The jousting show was rad though, add some booze and some friends to that and I could see it being a pretty good time.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I honestly couldn't tell you. I've only been to Vegas once with my dad when I was 19. It's like a 10 hour drive to get there.

We stayed at the Excalibur and the Luxor, they were cool but I'm sure there's way better places to go. The jousting show was rad though, add some booze and some friends to that and I could see it being a pretty good time.

So what I'm hearing is that next time I go to Vegas, you're meeting me there?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
:rofl:

Cracking up laughing in the library...not a good move on my part. :p

I don't think I have the mental reserves necessary to crack up in my library. Worn to the bonnnnneeee.....

Only 15 more hours of college class!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So what I'm hearing is that next time I go to Vegas, you're meeting me there?

Well that's a given... I need to not work so much without taking any time off, it's making me crazy.

I don't think I have the mental reserves necessary to crack up in my library. Worn to the bonnnnneeee.....

Only 15 more hours of college class!

Woooop! congrats dude.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
My first clinical shift is tomorrow and I'm super nervous. I'm worried about looking stupid or doing something way wrong, especially since it's been 9 months since finishing didactic.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My first clinical shift is tomorrow and I'm super nervous. I'm worried about looking stupid or doing something way wrong, especially since it's been 9 months since finishing didactic.

You'll be solid! Just remember, if they task you with something that you don't know how to do or are not comfortable doing ask for help.

I know I'm a lot more willing to help teach someone who's willing to learn rather than someone who's too "big" to ask for help when they need it and end up complicating things.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Woooop! congrats dude.

Thanks, I'm getting excited. Also included in that time frame is writing two of the driest papers I have written for my political theory class. Right now I am writing about the use of liberal education, seems fitting as I am about to complete it?

Meanwhile my job search for an EMS job here in Colorado continues to tank...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Thanks, I'm getting excited. Also included in that time frame is writing two of the driest papers I have written for my political theory class. Right now I am writing about the use of liberal education, seems fitting as I am about to complete it?

Meanwhile my job search for an EMS job here in Colorado continues to tank...

If you were a medic I'd say check out DH, they had Medic openings listed on their website yesterday.

I really need to get my CO card.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Also included in that time frame is writing two of the driest papers I have written for my political theory class. Right now I am writing about the use of liberal education, seems fitting as I am about to complete it?...

Oh dear, that sounds horrible ... in third year I had to write a 5,000 word essay (with APA references) but luckily they gave you +/- 10% so I think I got to about 4,500 words and just left it at that.

If you want a job you could always come down here, I am sure there are some vacancies somewhere.

So ... I had to go to the store today and went past the Kia dealership again, oooh shiney and flash looking :D

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
If you were a medic I'd say check out DH, they had Medic openings listed on their website yesterday.

I really need to get my CO card.

DH had an EMT position open as well at one point but I'm not sure I cold handle only doing drunk patrol. I live over an hour south of denver without traffic, so unless it's a 24 I don't think I could rationalize working in the city. I figure I'm willing to commute around an hour for a 10-12 hour shift and 2 hours for a 24. Anything more than 8 hours of commuting a week is going to seriously hurt my income.

But this state is great, come work here!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Oh dear, that sounds horrible ... in third year I had to write a 5,000 word essay (with APA references) but luckily they gave you +/- 10% so I think I got to about 4,500 words and just left it at that.

If you want a job you could always come down here, I am sure there are some vacancies somewhere.

So ... I had to go to the store today and went past the Kia dealership again, oooh shiney and flash looking :D

My thesis regarding Maori healthcare challenges ended up being over 7800 words before footnotes and references.

I'm proud of it, but it nearly killed me.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well that's a given... I need to not work so much without taking any time off, it's making me crazy.

Woooop! congrats dude.

Er...it's making you CRAZIER ;)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief

I love my car. '06 Kia Spectra, had to replace brakes recently, only repairs needed other than when a lawnmower puked a piece of metal into the grill of the car.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Nothing like falling on your *** in front of the pt, family, medics, and 7 firefighters. And hearing a collective "oooohhhhh".