the 100% directionless thread

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Last night had a food allergy incident. I only had one 'new food' all day yesterday, when I tried a new BBQ sauce. Of course I read ingredients first, but didn't see my allergens. I did see 'spices' and 'natural flavors' though. After I finish dinner, my mouth gets itchy, my lips and tongue gets that itchy/slightly numb feeling that happens when they start to swell after I eat what I'm allergic to. I let my housemates know I'm having a reaction, and take some Benadryl. I'm grateful it didn't get to the point where I needed my epi and an ambulance. Now the fun part, contacting the manufacturer of that sauce to find out if the stuff I'm allergic to or a derivative of that stuff is included in the 'spices' or 'natural flavorings'. If not, then I've got some more investigating to do to find out why I got the reaction.

I just hope they don't give me the hassle that my sister's mother-in-law got when she had to call around to find out if her allergen was in different food products. She's so allergic that she can't even be in the house if someone's cooking with that herb.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I really wish Paramedics in Australia would stop moaning about how "little" they are paid and how terrible their working conditions are.

There base level is paid more than our top level, and they get better uniforms and equipment and far more generous leave and penal rate entitlements ...

Epi-do

I see dead people
I was looking over protocol updates for my part time job. We are going to have the option of using a c-collar only for some patients. Yes! Just one small step along the path to eradicating the myth of the life saving long backboard!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I was looking over protocol updates for my part time job. We are going to have the option of using a c-collar only for some patients. Yes! Just one small step along the path to eradicating the myth of the life saving long backboard!

My jealousy is, frankly, boundless! That's great! I wonder who promulgated that idea?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Dirt bike is almost all put back together. Just have to torque the rear axle nut, oil the air filter, put it in the bike, and then put all the plastics/seat on and I am good to go out motorcycle riding. Soo close yet so far away.

mct601

RN/NRP
The life as a medic has been pretty interesting before. Found a whole new interest and enthusiasm when I got out "on my own".

mct601

RN/NRP
No snow here (I dont think), but I know we're going to dip into the low 20s tonight in South MS/LA. It was 28 when I got up for my commute this morning.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Irish car bombs...that is all

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
So I have been thinking about getting some new wheels and I find myself going past the Kia dealership a fair bit ... and they just had a badass Kia review on Top Gear that my house mate was watching ... I might just head down there and check out prices and such

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My last home hockey game ends in a 7-1 loss with 80+ penalty minutes. Not quite the memory I was looking for. :glare:

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief

I was excited when I saw that too!

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Attention fire service

It is after midnight

1) That means there is no traffic on the road
2) That also means people are trying to sleep for work and such

Therefore a combination of 1+2 means that you not need to drive your large red fire truck around with lights, siren and air horn blasting.

Thank you,
Fire Service Levy payers who are attempting to sleep :)

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
MPH vs MS of Anatomical science vs Post-bacc in premed...Decisions decisions. I am leaning towards one of the latter two. I have a couple years of getting experience before I can apply for CRNA school or even think about starting the med school route so I figure I mind as well keep going to school while I am waiting. Working 3 days a week gets boring.

Anjel

Forum Angel
5.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep on a Saturday night at work.

Amazing.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
So I have been thinking about getting some new wheels and I find myself going past the Kia dealership a fair bit ... and they just had a badass Kia review on Top Gear that my house mate was watching ... I might just head down there and check out prices and such

Eek... Kia :excl: