the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
Football standby. Life is good.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Who cares? Lol c collars and back boards and flashy lights probably make no difference and they aren't half as bad :censored: :)

Completely true -- lotsa good studies on those topics

MrJones

Iconoclast
My paramedic program ride-alongs start tonight. It'll be my first time in an ambulance as a licensed EMT. Pray for the crew that gets stuck with me.

:lol:

Anjel

Forum Angel
My paramedic program ride-alongs start tonight. It'll be my first time in an ambulance as a licensed EMT. Pray for the crew that gets stuck with me.

*gasp* you mean you didn't work as an EMT for 5 years before going to medic school.

BLASPHEMY! Burn the witch!

MrJones

Iconoclast
*gasp* you mean you didn't work as an EMT for 5 years before going to medic school.

BLASPHEMY! Burn the witch!

:rofl:

I know - right? I thought of that while I was posting. I decided that I could handle being chastised over my lacking the experience necessary to be a competent Paramedic and hit the submit button. ;)

medic417

The Truth Provider
:rofl:

I know - right? I thought of that while I was posting. I decided that I could handle being chastised over my lacking the experience necessary to be a competent Paramedic and hit the submit button. ;)

You are one of the few intelligent ones around this site. Most it seems wasted a lot of years working at the BLS level.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
You are one of the few intelligent ones around this site. Most it seems wasted a lot of years working at the BLS level.

I prefer to thinking of it along the lines of stretching before I work out :)

bigbaldguy

You'll love it.

I've always explained my ride outs to friends and family like this.

Your first ride outs are like being kidnapped in Mexico. Two guys you don't know pull up and usually without saying much lock you in the back of a van and then drive you all over town. Occasionally the doors open and you squint at the bright light and you're told to get out and given orders you often don't understand. Then they put you back in the van. Sometimes there's screaming when the doors open. At the end of the ride you're dumped in front of a building as the van screeches away. When you get home you find blood on your shirt and can't remember how it got there.

The difference of course is that no one wants to be kidnapped a second time but we keep climbing into the back of that ambo don't we?

Epi-do

I see dead people
You'll love it.

Your first ride outs are like being kidnapped in Mexico. Two guys you don't know pull up and usually without saying much lock you in the back of a van and then drive you all over town. Occasionally the doors open and you squint at the bright light and you're told to get out and given orders you often don't understand. Then they put you back in the van. Sometimes there's screaming when the doors open. At the end of the ride you're dumped in front of a building as the van screeches away. When you get home you find blood on your shirt and can't remember how it got there.

The difference of course is that no one wants to be kidnapped a second time but we keep climbing into the back of that ambo don't we?

GREAT analogy!! LOL!

Asclepius911

Forum Lieutenant
I just saw this (Idiocracy), and the first thing that came to mind was "This is the world that Jersey Shore influenced." It was a really good movie. I can see the future becoming somewhat like that lol. The electrolytes discussion part of the movie was hilarious. "It got electrolytes thats what the plant's body craves." And starbucks being a prostitute business LOL, didn't see that coming.

Who ever got a chance to watch it, check it out;
http://www.putlocker.com/file/AA75E6EF1B9018A5#

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
You'll love it.

Amazing. I am so sharing this.

bigbaldguy

Amazing. I am so sharing this.

Please feel free to do so. Just include a nod to EMTLIFE if you post it on another site or Facebook :)

Anjel

Forum Angel

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Just heard this. If you get off on rockin', stompin', crunchin', dead-on blues, here's a Leslie West song for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCB0ypqHHH4

images

bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

I think a very short but critically important chapter of my life just officially closed. There's a lot of sadness but also some relief that at least now I know where things stand.

On the upside now I can devote more time to school and more importantly holding more EMTLIFE contests :) Speaking of which don't forget to get your entries in for the one currently happening in the lounge.

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
You'll love it.

I love this. Just past the one year BLS/IFT torture test. Medic around here is a waste of time and money but I'd move to have this experience.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
"You're responding to a 47Yo male complaining of right leg pain secondary to ... pregnancy."