the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Absolutely loving it.

I am freaking appalled at how little the EMT-Basics in this country know and how they run around completely screwing with peoples acid-base system and all manner of other highly important life functions. It is like an entirely different universe now that I have some medic class time under my belt.

How about you? School going well?

I thought the exact same thing! Absolutely unbelievable. It's going well, finishing up didactic on January 17th, then clinicals and internship. How far in are you?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Sasha, all of the various disagreements aside, I would be proud to have you as my partner. I've watched you grow as a professional on here and have to say that I agree with your student's assessment of your abilities. ...

Here here! :beerchug:

Rettsani

Forum Captain
He meant since you have. ICQ which by the way was before my time, means you are old-er.

Because it was around a long time ago.

Since he has also somehow right.
But to be honest I had not thought about exactly what he means.

If I remember the German I learned as a I child, the most direct translation is "altertümlich". I'm sorry if I messed that up. I don't get much practice in writing in German and even less with regards to speaking it.

What do you write I can understand very well.
Luckily I'm not here to teach you my language. That would be funny.
I think I'm better EMT. And I remain so in future.:)

Anjel

Forum Angel
Glad to see this thread is still going.

I'm home for Christmas break right now. A very welcome change from the pace of international disaster relief and paramedic school. ^_^

So how is everyone? It's been a while.

Lights! I've missed you!!!!!!

Rettsani

Forum Captain
grrr .....:wacko:
Today I wanted to go to the Christmas market.
But it was not .....
It was blocked off everything here in my city district and police everywhere because it was Afghanistan conference in Bonn. And the Obamas are on my district where the military airport has arrived.....:angry:

Here today had any real personal one policeman to walk ...:huh:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My best friends older brother OD'd last night and was found this morning.

One thing after a-:censored::censored::censored::censored:ing-nother. I'm gonna snap, I don't know what to do that's 3 close friends in less than 6 months.

Rettsani

Forum Captain

One thing after a-:censored::censored::censored::censored:ing-nother. I'm gonna snap, I don't know what to do that's 3 close friends in less than 6 months.

I think because there is no secret recipe...
I think you can be there and listen only to your friends who who wants to talk about it.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

Sorry to hear that, Rob :( I've been in your exact shoes myself; I know it can be very frustrating. Thoughts and prayers go out to your friend and his family.

Anjel

Forum Angel

Im so sorry rob.

If you need anything please let me know.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
2 teenagers hate me now haha. They were uhhh "having fun" in the park where we are posted. Is it wrong to blast the airhorn and interrupt them? Because I did that haha

medic417

The Truth Provider
2 teenagers hate me now haha. They were uhhh "having fun" in the park where we are posted. Is it wrong to blast the airhorn and interrupt them? Because I did that haha

Would it be wrong for them to come break your windshield?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I'm so sorry Rob. Like I said earlier, if you need anything, let me know.

On a different note, today started out promising, but at this point my partner has made me want to beat my head against the ambulance...

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Open enrollment 2012, my agency is offering LegalShield. For $7.36 a paycheck, you get:

Free Wills
Traffic Ticket Representation
IRS Audit Representation
Free Legal Document Review
A wealth of online resources
Major Trial Defense 60-300 hours
24/7 Emergency after hours access.

Hmm... I don't plan on getting a traffic ticket, but getting a lawyer for those alone can be $200-500 for basic help. Might be worth it?

JPINFV

Gadfly
The problem with traffic ticket is that most of the time you should be able to handle the legal footwork yourself.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
NVRob... listen to some Dirty Dirty Electro House... that usually cheers me up a bit when i'm feeling down.

Side note: I have my first 24 hour shift tomorrow.... any suggestions?

Anjel

Forum Angel
Woot woot

Working the 4am shift tomorrow.