the 100% directionless thread

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I've had so many weird experiences with sleep paralysis.
They are no fun when it feels as though you can't take a breath.
I scared the bejeebers out of a emt friend when coming out of it. She thought I was having a stroke or something.
I dread the day or should I say the night when the tones drop and I am unable to move or speak for a few minutes.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Some days my coworkers annoy the crap out of me.
hairout.gif
No, I will not elaborate, but I do feel better just getting that little bit out there. Only 10 more hours to the end of shift and a weeks vacation...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
They are no fun when it feels as though you can't take a breath.
I scared the bejeebers out of a emt friend when coming out of it. She thought I was having a stroke or something.
I dread the day or should I say the night when the tones drop and I am unable to move or speak for a few minutes.

A touch or a sudden noise usually brings me out of it, hence why I always keep the Nextel next to me on 24s :rofl:

Anjel

Forum Angel
today sucked.

7 calls in 7 hours.

Forgot my lunch and didn't get to eat until 8 hours into my shift.

I hate when you are still on one call, and dispatch is already paging you with the next.

angry27.gif

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
today sucked.

7 calls in 7 hours.

I hate when you are still on one call, and dispatch is already paging you with the next.

angry27.gif

I feel the pain. Last night was 7 calls in 10 hours, but several were a ways out of town. I also know what you mean about being assigned before you clear. Last night it was crazy!

Me: "Control, 803 is clear and in service."
Dispatch: "Copy 803, incident number is 12345 at 0037. Please stand by for a page."

All. Freaking. Night!

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
*gasps*

They just cleared Paramedics to use our vent machines in our trucks! No more bagging a patient for 45 minutes after RSI when I have 100000000 other things to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
*gasps*

They just cleared Paramedics to use our vent machines in our trucks! No more bagging a patient for 45 minutes after RSI when I have 100000000 other things to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, it truly does make things so much easier :)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
*gasps*

I would love it if any of our rigs had vent machines (jealous)

alias

Forum Ride Along
today sucked.

7 calls in 7 hours.

Maybe 7 calls in 7 hours isn't so bad?
One of the medics in this documentary says that in Johannesburg, S. Africa they average 700 calls a day.

Kind of makes you think maybe we don't have it so bad over here in the states.

Note: I can't post links yet, since I don't have 5 posts.
If you go over to EMS talk, look for the thread "Tell Me and I Will Forget"

adamjh3

Had lunch with my old partner today, now I'm making some steaks for the family. It's a good Friday.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Maybe 7 calls in 7 hours isn't so bad?
One of the medics in this documentary says that in Johannesburg, S. Africa they average 700 calls a day.

Kind of makes you think maybe we don't have it so bad over here in the states.

Note: I can't post links yet, since I don't have 5 posts.
If you go over to EMS talk, look for the thread "Tell Me and I Will Forget"

700 calls a day doesn't necessarily mean it's killer. How big is their system? Response area? How many units do they have running?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
700 really isn't that much.

MedStar covers a city of ~900,000 in 421 sq mi and does about 100,000 calls a year, or about 280 a day.

Johannesburg metro has 7.5 million people, and only does 150,000 more calls a year.

New York City has 3300 calls per day, or 1.2mil per year.

adamjh3

New Yorks, taters, zucchini, squash and some Pilsbury crescents. Mm mmmm Fridays.

Attachments

• steaks.jpg
    steaks.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 172

Anjel

Forum Angel