the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
Is ICS 100 200 and 700 required to run Rescue Squad calls? Our leiutenant seems to think so and I was just wondering if she has the right information

Maybe required for the squad.

No harm in doing them. Its free and all the answers are on google

Sasha

Forum Chief
Party in the chat! woo woo!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Really wish that people would lay off with the excessive air-conditioning. Its like walking into a freakin freezer.:glare:

That is exactly how it is supposed to be. See, if you are cold, you can always put on a sweater or hoodie or something, if the rest of us are too warm, there is only so much you can take off before it becomes illegal. They won't arrest you for walking into class in a parka and ski pants. They will however arrest everyone else for walking in with nothing on.

Also.....

I am so freaking sunburned right now, I just want to go and lay on my stomach all day long and not move while a fan blows cool (air conditioned) are across me and someone puts aloe gel on my back and arms. Putting on a uniform tonight is going to suck majorly! I'm wearing a thin oversized shirt right now. That two button that fits me better is going to be killer.

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
And once again out of service. High idle decided to overheat the engine:glare:

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
That is exactly how it is supposed to be. See, if you are cold, you can always put on a sweater or hoodie or something, if the rest of us are too warm, there is only so much you can take off before it becomes illegal. They won't arrest you for walking into class in a parka and ski pants. They will however arrest everyone else for walking in with nothing on.
Have a point. I have carried a jacket with me to school since the beginning of class.
But when you dress with summer heat in mind and need to go in and out of building. That sucks! My body doesn't know what to do with the temperature whiplash.
Side note~Try wiping some vinagar on your sunburn. It will help with uniform/sunburn compatibility.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
And once again out of service. High idle decided to overheat the engine:glare:

optimum range for a diesel to idle is 900-1100 RPM, this is actually the range where they run the coolest. if you engine overheated its because the radiator was clogged, thermostat seized (very common), or fan clutch went bad. and in those cases, the engine was going to overheat anyway.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
Is ICS 100 200 and 700 required to run Rescue Squad calls? Our leiutenant seems to think so and I was just wondering if she has the right information

ICS 100 and 200 are required by all members of an agency, supervisors are required to have 100, 200, and 700, management (IE. chiefs...) are required to have 100, 200, 700, 800. anyone who is going to work in a unified command post must also have 300 and 400. this is only for agencys receiving federal grant money, as they all must be part of the National Response Plan. so yes your LT is correct, kinda.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
ps, when did i make forum captain? I dont know how I fell about this, when do i get one of those fancy custom titles?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
optimum range for a diesel to idle is 900-1100 RPM, this is actually the range where they run the coolest. if you engine overheated its because the radiator was clogged, thermostat seized (very common), or fan clutch went bad. and in those cases, the engine was going to overheat anyway.

Yep. In fact, I wired in a switch/solenoid to my 7.3 that bumps it up to about 800 rpm for when I got it idling for long periods of time.

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
ps, when did i make forum captain? I dont know how I fell about this, when do i get one of those fancy custom titles?

500 posts i believe

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
when do i get one of those fancy custom titles?

500 posts

Brown has over 3,500 posts and cannot set Brown's customer user title, the little box just ain't there :sad::sad:

Brown thinks Mrs Brown has something to do with this :D

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
500 posts

Brown has over 3,500 posts and cannot set Brown's customer user title, the little box just ain't there :sad::sad:

Brown thinks Mrs Brown has something to do with this :D
Have you been a bad boy and have any unexpired infractions?

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients

I would like a custom title, but I really like being a chief or whatever I am. It's just a little silly. When I first started coming here, I thought people with the higher titles were just full of themselves and whackerish, making themselves out to be so awesome.

Another forum I go to has completely custom titles, and we have a good time with them.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Went in to the ER for a FAST this evening. I jumped off our boat, at speed yesterday and took a hard hit to the right side. Today spiked a fever and had some bad abdominal pain.

It was super fun and quick. The resident was cute.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Mock trial for EMS and the Law today. I was acting as the defendant.

Liable for wrongful death, personal injury and gross negligence...anyone have $18,000,000 I can borrow?

The chart they gave me for the pt I was the 'attending' on was written by a complete window licker.

Needless to say I will never ever write an incomplete chart or even think of acting out of my scope of practice. It was a pretty cool lesson :)

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Mock trial for EMS and the Law today. I was acting as the defendant.

Liable for wrongful death, personal injury and gross negligence...anyone have $18,000,000 I can borrow?

The chart they gave me for the pt I was the 'attending' on was written by a complete window licker.

Needless to say I will never ever write an incomplete chart or even think of acting out of my scope of practice. It was a pretty cool lesson :)

What actions were outside the scope in your scenario?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What actions were outside the scope in your scenario?

It was bad. It was an I/I truck operating on the 1985 standard. Lets see, MVA, auto vs. motorcycle, pt unresponsive on arrival, OPA, NRB @10lpm, found depressed skull fx, flail chest, obvious femur fx, 16g x2 1000 mL of D5W, MAST pants :rolleyes: ETT tube 'gurgles over epigastrum to confirm proper placement' Pt then went into traumatic arrest. The chart then stated we pushed epi/bicarb, then epi, then CaCl, then hung a dopamine drip wide open, more bicarb, transport code 3 to nearest facility which was not equipped for trauma.:unsure:

I was a very grumpy camper to say the least.

Oh and a scene time of around 25 minutes. AND for general impression of the pt the guy charted FUBAR. which we ingeniously said was an approved abbreviation that stood for Found Unresponsive By Advanced Responders.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
It was bad. It was an I/I truck operating on the 1985 standard. Lets see, MVA, auto vs. motorcycle, pt unresponsive on arrival, OPA, NRB @10lpm, found depressed skull fx, flail chest, obvious femur fx, 16g x2 1000 mL of D5W, MAST pants :rolleyes: ETT tube 'gurgles over epigastrum to confirm proper placement' Pt then went into traumatic arrest. The chart then stated we pushed epi/bicarb, then epi, then CaCl, then hung a dopamine drip wide open, more bicarb, transport code 3 to nearest facility which was not equipped for trauma.:unsure:

Oh and a scene time of around 25 minutes. AND for general impression of the pt the guy charted FUBAR. which we ingeniously said was an approved abbreviation that stood for Found Unresponsive By Advanced Responders.

Wow! That is one messed up scenario. Bet the "lawyer " had a field day with that case.
Good way to learn the lesson.

Sasha

Forum Chief

It be appearin' that the lad was black spotted 'efore the bilge suckin' medic laid hands to 'im, tho he surely hurried him along to davy jones' locker.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief

reminds of a story where a medic charted "FTDNITBOMA"

He told the court it meant "fixin to die, not in the back of my ambulance".

Not sure if I believe the story or not.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller