the 100% directionless thread

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Why are there no people in the chat section?

hmmmmmmmm???????

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Tell me about it. I'm in the same boat.

My suggestion would be to get married to someone really poor and move to another state.

Married students can claim as independent. You'd have to give your spouses tax information - so make sure you marry someone really poor.

Colorado is consistently ranked #49 or #50 in the nation for state funding of higher education, and the tuition and fees at public colleges and universities are sky-rocketing as a result. Our only public medical school is about to lose accreditation and collapse because the state only provides 2% of their money and they're threatening to cut that even more.

Ya know that's about the only decent reason to get married that I've heard in a while. Too bad I can't get most girls to look at me :p

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm..

Must be a common denominator between paintball playing EMS personnel...

AKA dweebs....

Hahaha. I'm just playing JT. Not kidding for you though Steve.

Eydawn

Forum Crew Member
I missed Clear Creek - we sent like 5 or 6 from our team though. Seemed interesting - and windy. :)

That's interesting that you all clip in. If someone trips and falls don't they kinda tilt the litter and bring it down a bit with them? We were trained to yell "falling" and let go immediately if we felt like we were tripping, so that we didn't pull down the litter.

Yeah I think the helmet thing is generally a good idea. I heard it was pushed by CSRB and implemented on our team 6 mo - a year after I joined. When I started we would often not wear helmets unless working at any angle or around falling rock... that kind of stuff.

I learned about sun/safety glasses the hard way. I mean, I had already known and always worn them, but one time I accidentally forgot them. We were searching for a body across a steep slope with lots of brush and gnarly stuff (5+ mo. missing after probable suicide). I was looking around, turned my head and blinked and felt something between my eyelashes - a mean old twig. This ranks as one of my most terrifying moments in SAR. :D

Nah, we clip into the litter via some of our hand-tied loops, lots of play. Even if you trip, the 5 other people are supporting it, and it usually doesn't cause an issue. It also allows us to more evenly distribute the weight load.

Only takes one time to remember the glasses. I got a scrub oak branch right across the bridge of my nose... glasses are good for helping with that!

--Wendy

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'm sad.

24 series finale was on Monday. Best show EVER, and have watched every episode since its airing in 2001.

I take solace in the fact a movie is in the works and isn't too far off.

But I swear... first MadTV and now 24... if Fox cancels COPS, I am never going to watch them again.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm sad about Law & Order. End of an era, seriously.

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!!!!! Hold on a sec......it's OVER? I apparently need to stay up on these things. Who is the idiot who is ordained that to happen? What am I going to watch now. COPS and L&O are seriously the only two thing I ever watch on TV. (Other than college football of course. Oh yea, and the NY Yankees games.) But other than that!

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!!!!! Hold on a sec......it's OVER? I apparently need to stay up on these things. Who is the idiot who is ordained that to happen? What am I going to watch now. COPS and L&O are seriously the only two thing I ever watch on TV. (Other than college football of course. Oh yea, and the NY Yankees games.) But other than that!

Yep, ended on the 24th. Of course, there are lots of other Law & Orders out there to watch... but they're not the same.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I took second place in EMS1's EMS week contest :) I'm glad people liked my writing that much

8jimi8

CFRN

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
New shift bid tomorrow... Hopefully I can get on one of the CCT units or an overnight unit...

dmc2007

Forum Captain
Yep, ended on the 24th. Of course, there are lots of other Law & Orders out there to watch... but they're not the same.

Once Jerry Orbach passed away the show was never the same. SVU, on the other hand, is still going strong. I think what they are doing is the right decision.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
This weather is KILLING ME!!! It is almost June and it is trying to snow. Memorial Day Weekend is comnig up and we still don't have our mountian passes open yet. Forest Service roads are still snowed over and the rivers (which should be ripping good) are not getting enough snow melt... This weather is making it hard to get out and play.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Over the next two weeks I have interviews for....

-911 Dispatch
-ICU tech
-Family Planning clinic MA

Can you say quarter-life crisis? Yeesh.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
to the left! to left! Boy! That guys knows some manuevers!

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Once Jerry Orbach passed away the show was never the same. SVU, on the other hand, is still going strong. I think what they are doing is the right decision.

Can't argue that, but it was still better than most of what's on. I never really got into SVU, for no real reason, so no comments there.

LucidResq said:
-911 Dispatch
-ICU tech
-Family Planning clinic MA

Good luck!

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm sad.

24 series finale was on Monday. Best show EVER, and have watched every episode since its airing in 2001.

But I swear... first MadTV and now 24... if Fox cancels COPS, I am never going to watch them again.
They are considering canceling COPS!?! :eek:
My whole family times lunch around that show. I hope they don't cancel it:glare:

I'm sad about Law & Order. End of an era, seriously.
yeah I agree.