the 100% directionless thread

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
You'll do anything to be the center of attention, huh? :)

Glad you're alright. That's quite an ordeal to go through. Take the time off and relax, have some fun, and enjoy life.

That kind of attention I could have done without. However Dr. Summer Off had other ideas.:)

I don't have much choice but relax. I'm not allowed to drive for 6-8 weeks as the vibrations from the wheel can shake the sternum and slow healing. Also I can't lift more than 5lb per hand. But I'm going to take it one day at a time and go from there.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I took the kids to the pool today, and the whole time I was there I kept snickering like a 6th grade boy about "dropping the kids off at the pool."

:rolleyes:

I guess I got right over that thread from the other day...

JPINFV

Gadfly
I took the kids to the pool today, and the whole time I was there I kept snickering like a 6th grade boy about "dropping the kids off at the pool."

:rolleyes:

I guess I got right over that thread from the other day...

Come... come to the dark side! (we have cookies).

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Come... come to the dark side! (we have cookies).

I've been to the dark side. The light side is more stable, and much happier. I've been over here for 8 years now, and wouldn't go back for nothing. :)

That doesn't mean I couldn't laugh at a little stupid joke, though. ;)

Can you pass the cookies? I'd like some snickerdoodles.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Our dispatcher tonight is killing all of us (in a good way).

Dispatch: "unit 306 post at uhhhhhh..... Where would you like to post?"
306: while they are eating "306 can we post at main?"
Dispatch: "copy, and it sounds like your having radio problems"
306: "negative, we were just eating"
Dispatch: "copy, don't choke"

It's a nice break from what the dispatchers have been doing to the field crews.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SL21opMN-Q[/youtube]

ZOOM! ZOOM! ZOOM!

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Heh still awake. I'm getting bored. I wonder if there's any hours open at work for an I in the next few hours?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
That might possibly be the only way I'd enjoy driving an ambulance. :)

You kidding me? You don't like driving? Man! I would hate being stuck in the back on EVERY call. I love how we work. I have an Intermediate partner and we trade, every call. There are exceptions of course, Ie. Female pt who feels better with a female attendant, but for the most part, we do switch every call. I drive the first call, tech the second call, drive the third call, etc.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Nope I don't really like driving the ambulance. I'd much rather tech most calls with only the occasional drive session

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Paramedics have to tech EVERY, FREAKING, CALL at this service. Which I normally don't mind, but when I'm behind on paperwork after critical patients and have to go ride a discharge to a NH, I get a little testy.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Having spent about 3 months solely tech-ing, then six months solely driving, and now finally working with someone else who can do both, I like the blend of switching off every call

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
On day 2 of my 48, and then I'm off to the east coast for interviews for what I hope will be my new job! I can't wait!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I've been fighting what I thought was allergies all week. Ended up working it's way to my chest. Doc said it's an upper resp infection. YAY!

Headed up a Disaster Operations Center exercise yesterday (Red Cross). Managed a group of about 15 new volunteers who had never seen a DOC in action, let alone set one up. Went pretty well.