the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
usalfyre, guess what?

We slept all night. Yup.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Actually that's the first time we slept all night in a month.

And C-shift slept all night as well...but they also went the whole day getting only 2 calls for 5 trucks, we actually did work yesterday.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
So prior to medicRob posting how grapefruit juice inhibits absorption, I went looking for the mechanism. What Google-Fu lead me too was a forum devoted entirely to the recreational use of various chemical compounds. On this forum(which I'm definitely NOT posting a link to) there was a thread describing how useful Dexosyn (methamphetamine) is for everything from depression to restless leg syndrome to fibromyalgia, and how horrible the medical community is for keeping this wonder of science from everyone. That place is the Axis II equivalent of the Deathstar...

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Actually that's the first time we slept all night in a month.

And C-shift slept all night as well...but they also went the whole day getting only 2 calls for 5 trucks, we actually did work yesterday.

"Go post xxx" doesn't count lol :p.

I'm sure we'll work tomorrow night. The good news? 2207 has an intern, so we're last out all day. Hello 9am naptime...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Naw, we had a call that dispatch called a stroke, and when I asked for HEMS to be put on standby they said "Well there's no tested evidence that it's actually a stroke". Then why the hell did you call it a stroke? Grrrr. Ended up taking them to the VA... from way down at the south part of VZ... for something that could have easily been handed by a hospital 10 minutes away...

(Clearly not a stroke)

That's what I hated about being the newbie doing 3rd rides... ALWAYS first up.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
So prior to medicRob posting how grapefruit juice inhibits absorption, I went looking for the mechanism. What Google-Fu lead me too was a forum devoted entirely to the recreational use of various chemical compounds. On this forum(which I'm definitely NOT posting a link to) there was a thread describing how useful Dexosyn (methamphetamine) is for everything from depression to restless leg syndrome to fibromyalgia, and how horrible the medical community is for keeping this wonder of science from everyone. That place is the Axis II equivalent of the Deathstar...

It might be the same site I found when I was looking up "freebasing". Don't look at me like that we had a patient that burned himself up while doing it and I was curious how it could happen. The crazy thing is the site didn't just tell you how to do it but got into the chemistry end of things. I mean it was obvious that the people posting on this thing really knew chemistry at a PhD level of knowledge or better. It was creepy.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

Lol. Don't be so quick to dismiss them. There are around 30 sites that I am a member of in the illegal drug community. I use them to keep tab on the latest Entheogens, Research Chems, and pharmaceutical trends of abuse. I have become the unofficial "go to" person in my service for information on thousands of designer chems.

Alongside the books in my medical/chemistry library, I have PIHKAL (Phenythalamines I have Known and Loved), TIHKAL (Tryptamines I have known and loved), and a copy of Shulgin's lab notebook from when he worked with DOW Chemical and synthesized MDMA, created several analogs of the trimethoxy-phenythalamine compounds (mescaline, TMA-2, TMA-6), experimented with the 4-iodophenythalamine 2c and 2c compounds (2c-i, 2c-b, 2c-c, 2c-t-7, etc), as well as the isopropyl-tryptamines among many others.

I am often made fun of by my law enforcement friends because I always keep the latest edition of "Secrets of Methamphetamine Manufacture" and the latest books on clandestine synthesis.

For instance, one of the biggest things we are about to see in the clandestine synthesis of D-methamphetamine is that less and less individuals are going to be purchasing ephedrine, as a matter of fact, meth production is going to explode again because the latest editions of the book speaks of a chemical process that takes place when Benzaldehyde is (Oil of Essential Almond) is [VERB REMOVED TO LIMIT PEOPLE DOING GOOGLE SEARCHES AND LEARNING THIS METHOD] in the presence of Saccromyces Cerveasea (Brewer's Yeast), resulting in a precursor to ephedrine to which another fairly simple process can be applied (even the amateur redneck with a copy of Vogel's) to result in a usable form of ephedrine.

Moreover, there is a movement to synthesize and sublimate one's own iodine through a 2 step simple as pie process involving 2 chemicals that you aren't put on any list for buying that can be obtained for less than $20 (This method is so simple that it doesn't even need heat until the sublimation process).

I'll shut up now, you get the point.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Rob, I definitely see how it would be useful for keeping track of things. What was humorus (and actually very sad) to me was the anger at the medical community for not blanket prescribing highly addictive meds with a boatload of undesirable side effects because "they make me feel better and nothing else eliminates ALL of my symptoms, and gives me a buzz to boot".

Geez, I have ADHD and deliberlately stay on a low-dose of non-stimulant meds even though it doesn't completely eliminate my symptoms. The point is to make symptoms manageable, not eliminate them and make you feel like Superman or "pleasantly out of it" all the time...

You DO realize your adding fuel to the meth chef fire though, right? :D:D:p

Last edited by a moderator:

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Rob, I definitely see how it would be useful for keeping track of things. What was humorus (and actually very sad) to me was the anger at the medical community for not blanket prescribing highly addictive meds with a boatload of undesirable side effects because "they make me feel better and nothing else eliminates ALL of my symptoms, and gives me a buzz to boot".

Geez, I have ADHD and deliberlately stay on a low-dose of non-stimulant meds even though it doesn't completely eliminate my symptoms. The point is to make symptoms manageable, not eliminate them and make you feel like Superman or "pleasantly out of it" all the time...

Let's not forget the posts of "How can I get my doc to prescribe x med, what do I tell him".. then the idiots who go on to say, "Tell him you are allergic to Toradol, that you dont get anything off tylenol /c codeine, etc)". It actually is quite humorous. That is one reason I thank God I went the ACNP path and not the FNP path, because I wont have to deal with people trying to trick me into writing prescriptions.

You DO realize your adding fuel to the meth chef fire though, right? :D:D:p

Lol, I think I just added Napalm to it, he he.

---
I am babysitting a friend of mine's children today to help her out. (The baby is a little high risk and the hospital told her that all caregivers should be CPR trained, so I am obliging her)... She is also leaving her 2 year old to play with my 4 year old. Little does she know, it is all an elaborate plot. You see, she didn't answer the phone when I called her for 3 days straight last week, so this is a revenge tactic.

I intend to feed her 2 year old candy and soda until he makes high pitched squeaking noises like a guinea pig, at which time she will be just pulling in the drive way to pick him up, he he.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I am babysitting a friend of mine's children today to help her out. (The baby is a little high risk and the hospital told her that all caregivers should be CPR trained, so I am obliging her)... She is also leaving her 2 year old to play with my 4 year old. Little does she know, it is all an elaborate plot. You see, she didn't answer the phone when I called her for 3 days straight last week, so this is a revenge tactic.

I intend to feed her 2 year old candy and soda until he makes high pitched squeaking noises like a guinea pig, at which time she will be just pulling in the drive way to pick him up, he he.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! We need to go into business together. I have done that before as well. :) So much fun, isn't it? They are so stinking cute for the first several hours. But by the time they start to come off their high and finally crash, their parents are already home and get to deal with it.

8jimi8

CFRN
ugh i'm exhausted. Been talking to this girl...
pissed her off.

effing BS.

there goes the day off. at... 1058. great. maybe i can sleep for 17 hours and just wake up for 2 days in a row. That would freaking TOP IT ALL.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! We need to go into business together. I have done that before as well. :) So much fun, isn't it? They are so stinking cute for the first several hours. But by the time they start to come off their high and finally crash, their parents are already home and get to deal with it.

Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

Plan ahead. Make sure that you know what time the parent will be at your place to pick the child up, the absorption rate of whatever it is you are giving the child with regard to their metabolism, as well as which sweets have the most sugar content. If properly executed, the kids will not even be on their sugar high for more than 5 minutes while under your care.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Is working with HotelCo's twin today.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Is enjoying the sun, warm weather, and the a/c. :p

Yeah, it seems to be a beautiful day for all of us in the South East. I am enjoying the sunshine, myself.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief