the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Anybody in San Bernadino? Any recommended places to see or eat?
The AMC office is in the one nice part of town. When you aren’t at the office and not in your hotel, say out of the city unless you are looking for drugs, working girls, or wanna get shot/stabbed.

Loma Linda, Redlands, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, and Yucaipa are all good places to go. Unfortunately I don’t have much input into places to see or eat. If you are looking into spending money at nice shops, Victoria Gardens in Rancho is the place to go.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Got my first EMS week bag. Water bottle, hard candies, lip balm, and a pen. Wasn’t working EMS week last year due to how my schedule was. Also getting my first EMS week t-shirt. Kind of whacker of me to be happy about all of this I know.
A few more years and you'll be thankful every year that you're off during EMS week.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I got rid of a ton of that crap when I moved out of my office. I put it all on a table in the day room at the station and it was gone!

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT

VentMonkey

Family Guy
//shrugs// I still like free swag (bonus if it’s a t-shirt). Got fed breakfast burritos on Tuesday and Jersey Mike’s for lunch on Thursday this week. Oh, and a free tee.

I’m not complaining.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The AMC office is in the one nice part of town. When you aren’t at the office and not in your hotel, say out of the city unless you are looking for drugs, working girls, or wanna get shot/stabbed.

Loma Linda, Redlands, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, and Yucaipa are all good places to go. Unfortunately I don’t have much input into places to see or eat. If you are looking into spending money at nice shops, Victoria Gardens in Rancho is the place to go.
Curious what all AM is doing for new hires at their regional offices now? It’s not indoc, is it?

Also, @Aprz basically hug the 10 corridor for, um, safety purposes as @DesertMedic66 mentioned re: SB City.

I worked there for about a year as a paramedic, rough place to say the least.

There was a bomb taco spot up the street from the SB Airport an old flight RN and I stumbled upon on our way back from a transfer, but ideally, I’d avoid Waterman. It gets “nicer” on the Tippecanoe side.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Jersey Mike’s for lunch on Thursday this week. Oh, and a free tee.

I’m not complaining.
Nice. The nearest Jersey Mike’s is like 40 min from me.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Curious what all AM is doing for new hires at their regional offices now? It’s not indoc, is it?

Also, @Aprz basically hug the 10 corridor for, um, safety purposes as @DesertMedic66 mentioned re: SB City.

I worked there for about a year as a paramedic, rough place to say the least.

There was a bomb taco spot up the street from the SB Airport an old flight RN and I stumbled upon on our way back from a transfer, but ideally, I’d avoid Waterman. It gets “nicer” on the Tippecanoe side.
Indoc is still held at the corporate office in Denver for all employees.

Typically the process is: Indoc in Denver then to your assigned training base for 30 days depending on how you are doing, I’m not a fan of the 30 days but during that time there is a lot of online classes to complete. Then you go to 3rd rider testing, during the testing process they will usually do a neonatal class if needed and some other specialty training. If you pass then you get released to your base where the clinical base lead takes over.

The company has completely changed the way we used to do our annual testing to stay on the line. Not a lot of people have gone through the new process but the ones who have seem to like it. That’s pretty much the only thing that the regional offices are used for, except the San Bernardino location which houses our billing service.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Yeah. It’s only ranked one of the most dangerous cities in the US.

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
It’s called Juanitos and its fantastic.
My favorite Cali burrito not in San Diego.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
You guys are scaring the skat out of me. :[

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
It's mediocre junk food and war stories I don't care to hear. Or cheap trinkets and oversized shirts that I don't really want.

And I don't like people.
I forgot you're asking why you'll be over it.

You're going to become one of 2 people.

Either someone that looks forward to EMS week because free t-shirts is the only thing you wear on your day off.

Or you'll become the person that wants to clock in, do their job, and go home. You might begrudgingly get dragged to an EMS week event and accept the t-shirt cause you need more yard work shirts.

If I happen to get a shirt, they usually go in my locker as a spare for the summer months in case I stink up all of my wool shirts. Most of the time I'll give them away.

Maybe I'm just a grouch, but I don't need a week of events as a thank you. I get enough thanks every other Friday when my paycheck hits the bank.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I forgot you're asking why you'll be over it.

You're going to become one of 2 people.

Either someone that looks forward to EMS week because free t-shirts is the only thing you wear on your day off.

. You might begrudgingly get dragged to an EMS week event and accept the t-shirt cause you need more yard work shirts.

If I happen to get a shirt, they usually go in my locker as a spare for the summer months in case I stink up all of my wool shirts. Most of the time I'll give them away.

Maybe I'm just a grouch, but I don't need a week of events as a thank you. I get enough thanks every other Friday when my paycheck hits the bank.
Haha dang bro, lot of salt being thrown out there. That said, I am most def the dood just doin’ the damn job.

It’s one week, it’s just free garb. Most of which I won’t use (laynards, mugs, etc.), but the appreciation is there. Now I just give what I won’t use to my wife and kids.

Guess I figure I can be happy with the acknowledgment or I can detest it. Def my choice.

I’ve been scornful in the past and it didn’t do anything to prevent others from celebrating, it just annoyed me more...if that says anything.

Oh, and I only wear work related t-shirts on my days on. Otherwise I’m normal dad in normal flip flops and shorts:)

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Haha dang bro, lot of salt being thrown out there. That said, I am most def the dood just doin’ the damn job.

It’s one week, it’s just free garb. Most of which I won’t use (laynards, mugs, etc.), but the appreciation is there. Now I just give what I won’t use to my wife and kids.

Guess I figure I can be happy with the acknowledgment or I can detest it. Def my choice.

I’ve been scornful in the past and it didn’t do anything to prevent others from celebrating, it just annoyed me more...if that says anything.

Oh, and I only wear work related t-shirts on my days on. Otherwise I’m normal dad in normal flip flops and shorts:)
I guess this week just annoys me. Lots of "look at me I'm EMS going around".

Most times I can actively avoid outings, but being in HEMS, we make multiple appearances a day. Fortunately I only worked Monday this week and there wasn't anything going on.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I guess this week just annoys me. Lots of "look at me I'm EMS going around".

Most times I can actively avoid outings, but being in HEMS, we make multiple appearances a day. Fortunately I only worked Monday this week and there wasn't anything going on.
I dont care about the thank me for my service part, but the hospital provided t shirts are pretty dang comfortable and I am not one to turn down good quality BBQ. I gotta keep my supply of gym and lounging shirts strong.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I just show up for the food.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Don’t forget the pens.