the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
get a refusal and go back on air? all dead is LE's problem:p

A refusal? Is the proper method to obtain this to put the pin in the dead patient's hand and move the hand or move the paper?

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Where is that memory zapper thing from Men in Black when you need it?

Had it a minute ago...damned if I can find it.

Wait a minute...who the hell are you?

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
A refusal? Is the proper method to obtain this to put the pin in the dead patient's hand and move the hand or move the paper?

Someone signed something. I have only seen no code no vitals twice on my clinicals. someone signed something and the scene was turned over to LE. Not an actual refusal, but similar too.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I've decided I want to put together a book entitled NFAT [nothing further at this time]: Notes from the Front Lines... which would basically be a compilation of all the epic notes officers in my city make, especially on their animal calls. To give you an idea of how epic these stories are, one officer's notes, on a call of a baby raccoon stuck in a dumpster... start as follows:

They say a hero is born everyday. You never know the day that destiny will call you by name and you will be thrust into the position to change a persons life for the better.. or in this case 3 animals; the triplets of the mother raccoon who I shall call for the purposes of this epic adventure, Becca....

Seriously. I love it. Makes my day.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've decided I want to put together a book entitled NFAT [nothing further at this time]: Notes from the Front Lines... which would basically be a compilation of all the epic notes officers in my city make, especially on their animal calls. To give you an idea of how epic these stories are, one officer's notes, on a call of a baby raccoon stuck in a dumpster... start as follows:

Dear god please do it! That would be an awesome read :)

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief

Sounds like it would fun to read.^_^

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
We had a great one today... call for a dead squirrel in a parking lot, lady who called it in was afraid it had rabies or something for some reason...

the officer went into great detail as to how upon further examination he found what appeared to be the bite marks of a cat, fox or similar creature, and that the squirrel must have been unlucky and too slow, nothing criminal evident and no signs of suicide as the cause and no need to call out the Major Crimes Detectives at this time.... XD

JPINFV

Gadfly
This is why I hate hyphenated ancestory. I'm listening to one of my lectures and the professor repeats a few times that hydralazine is a useful drug in "African-Americans" with CHF. It makes me want to ask, "If it works for African-Americans, why won't it work for African-Canadians, African-Brits, or anyone else of African descent that isn't an African American?"

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
See... I hate PC for that very reason.

The ONLY people that are to be hyphenated are ones that come from said area. If you come from Africa yourself, and are an American citizen, then yes, you're African-American. Asia? Ok, Asian-American. But if you are born in America, you're American. Why is that an insult?

I don't demand to be called "Anglo-Saxon-Germanic-Norwegian-Blackfoot-American", and it's silly that people throw hissy-fits when they are called "Black" / "white" / "hispanic" / etc etc

CAO

Forum Lieutenant
This is why I hate hyphenated ancestory. I'm listening to one of my lectures and the professor repeats a few times that hydralazine is a useful drug in "African-Americans" with CHF. It makes me want to ask, "If it works for African-Americans, why won't it work for African-Canadians, African-Brits, or anyone else of African descent that isn't an African American?"

Actual Africans? Well, they're just out of luck.

Me? I'm a mutt. Who's not nowadays?

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief

What about Charlize Theron? She's African-American; would the drug be useful for her?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
If you see the Captain have him send Second Officer Lightoller to the port side to assist Brown.

Oh, all stop Mr. Murdoch and go get me something to eat from the galley.

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
In the honour of Breast Cancer awareness, I am gonna start the "Boobies make me smile" campaign....It simple, girls show me your boobies and I smile haha :p

medic417

The Truth Provider
In the honour of Breast Cancer awareness, I am gonna start the "Boobies make me smile" campaign....It simple, girls show me your boobies and I smile haha :p

Not funny, not appropriate.