the 100% directionless thread

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
So as some of you may know I was adopted at birth.. it was pretty open I met my birthmom (who turned out to be an RN) when I was 18 and have had quite a bit of medical information and background. I know there is a lot of diabetes on my dad's side - both type I and II - but otherwise almost no history of anything on either side. Very healthy. Made my MD aware of it but my sugars have always been great.

Well I got an email today from my birth father, whom I've never spoken with. I'm a little freaked out cause he wrote "I am hoping to share some important family medical information with my biological daughter." It's probably nothing or stuff I already know like the diabetes, but the whole situation is somewhat stressful enough (though positive) without such a statement... eek.

Sorry, just venting.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Pre-med freshmen are about 800x worse. I had to take this special freshman seminar class. There were like 8 kids in there who were obnoxious, proud declared pre-med. All but 1 changed majors by the end of their first year because Bio 101 was too hard. :rolleyes:
On the first day of one of my classes, when we had to introduce ourselves, a nursing major told our class she wants to be a rich medical doctor when she graduates. When asked what kind of doctor she just said a medical one.

If there are any other premeds in my classes I don't know about them. I kind of keep to myself in class, the real quiet kid. But I imagine they would be a fun group to be in classes with:rolleyes:

By far my favorite group of people to be in class with are these 4 older chicks in my humanities class. "We are already nurses, we are just changing our areas of expertise from the CNA specialty of nursing to the BSN specialty"

I hope you forgot the word "think" infront of "better than Paramedics"
yep.

JPINFV

Gadfly
If there are any other premeds in my classes I don't know about them. I kind of keep to myself in class, the real quiet kid. But I imagine they would be a fun group to be in classes with:rolleyes:

:angry::ph34r:B)

By far my favorite group of people to be in class with are these 4 older chicks in my humanities class. "We are already nurses, we are just changing our areas of expertise from the CNA specialty of nursing to the BSN specialty"

Yea... and I'm just upgrading from EMT specialty to doctor specialty. I'm in this special 4 year program. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown is considering the 3 year Post Graduate Diploma in Anaesthetic Technoogolgogogoly and becoming the Anaesthetist's hand holder or .... the six year Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery and becoming the Anaesthetist, lets face it Brown is emotionally insecure and needs his hand held.

One will get me an orange jumpsuit with "DOCTOR" written on the back, and the other will get me paid while I am learning so Mrs Brown can do her BSN and produce Mini Brown's .....

Brown is torn and having a hard time deciding

*Brown starts foaming at the mouth and steam comes out his ears

medic417

The Truth Provider
So as some of you may know I was adopted at birth.. it was pretty open I met my birthmom (who turned out to be an RN) when I was 18 and have had quite a bit of medical information and background. I know there is a lot of diabetes on my dad's side - both type I and II - but otherwise almost no history of anything on either side. Very healthy. Made my MD aware of it but my sugars have always been great.

Well I got an email today from my birth father, whom I've never spoken with. I'm a little freaked out cause he wrote "I am hoping to share some important family medical information with my biological daughter." It's probably nothing or stuff I already know like the diabetes, but the whole situation is somewhat stressful enough (though positive) without such a statement... eek.

Sorry, just venting.

Well sis I always knew you didn't look like the rest of us. :p

Now my serious comment follows:

It will be good to have the ability to at least establish lines of communication for the medical side. As you biological parents and grandparents age new issues could arise that you will benefit from knowing. Some perhaps a slight tweak in in something you do or eat might greatly reduce your risks. Let us know how it goes.

Now back to my normal self already in progress:

Plus look at the other positive if they get to spending time with you you can get more gifts on special occasions. :ph34r:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Going to ODessa today to talk to their medic coordinator :)

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Going to ODessa today to talk to their medic coordinator :)

Watch out for this guy bro! :D

500full.jpg

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown is considering the 3 year Post Graduate Diploma in Anaesthetic Technoogolgogogoly and becoming the Anaesthetist's hand holder or .... the six year Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery and becoming the Anaesthetist, lets face it Brown is emotionally insecure and needs his hand held.

Aww, I guess we'll have to put MBBS on the back of your jumpsuit, not doctor in that case.

I kid, supposedly MBBS is equivalent to a US MD.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Aww, I guess we'll have to put MBBS on the back of your jumpsuit, not doctor in that case.

I kid, supposedly MBBS is equivalent to a US MD.

MBBS is Australian, ours is MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery or Chigurie in old timey speak)

Nurse, rum and hacksaw ..... :D

Oh PS .... Dear 6am starts, GO THE HELL AWAY, Sincerely, Brown

Oh PPS ..... Dear Mrs Brown, thank you for giving ME all the early morning feedings and changings and such, not, Sincerely, Mr Brown

JPINFV

Gadfly
I seriously wouldn't mind inflicting great pain in who ever designed the schedule over the last two weeks and this week.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Back in NM for hopefully my last week or so. Uniforms got ordered for the new service today, and I'll hopefully get out there to start at teh end of next week

JPINFV

Gadfly
Go to that nursing school Brown was talking about. Then you can use rum and a hacksaw. ^_^

Naw... potassium chloride, IVP. Alternatively, shackles, enclosed space, liquid chlorine, and muric acid (both easily available at any pool supply store) followed by running.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Score, got an IV first attempt today on a 20s female with labor pains at 30ish weeks.

I'm happy.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Naw... potassium chloride, IVP. Alternatively, shackles, enclosed space, liquid chlorine, and muric acid (both easily available at any pool supply store) followed by running.

dr-evil.jpg

" It's Dr. Evil, I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "mister," thank you very much."- attributed to future JPINFV?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Score, got an IV first attempt today on a 20s female with labor pains at 30ish weeks.

I'm happy.

Now that you bragged you will miss the next 2.:ph34r: