the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Said it before...it's Hurricane Andrew, Mk. 2.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm getting ready to start 10 days straight. First 12 hours shifts, then 24s for probably 5 days straight.

The models shifted a little more east this morning.

florida20170906.gif

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The current models are showing a major impact to Savannah. I'm getting the family ready to evacuate.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
You know you are not in your area when you start a radio report with “hey, quick question. Are you guys a stroke center?” Haha

No -click-

CALEMT

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I'm still in Scotland and loving it. I got to Europe on the 11th of August and have been in Scotland since the 21st, though it feels like I've lived here all my life. I'm hoping there is a way to live here in the future. I've talked to musicians in two of the orchestras and to EMS here. It's not out of the realm of possibility! (Plus it's around 60 degrees here while it's around 110 in Phoenix! And I'm loving the rain)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Another HEMS crash with 4 fatalities

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Turns out that I have bipolar II. That explains why the antidepressants never quite cut it.

CALEMT

Man I'm glad that I saved the money I made as a seasonal. Not only did I save enough to pay for paramedic school, but also the gas it takes to drive my truck from my house to school, and in recent the $1600 worth of repairs on my truck. Moral of the story save money.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Week 5 of Academy finished. We were doing Rapid Intervention Team training, so lots of crawling around on hands and knees in dark smoked out areas where you can barely see your hand in front of your face, and gotta find your victim buried under whatever crap the Recruit Training Officers can pile up in the tower....topped off by "Air Management and Conservation Techniques" aka full circuit workout in full structural PPEs whilst "on air" aka "Feeling like your gonna die, but having fun while doing it" lol (it was brutal, but fun training...def beets death by powerpoint!)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Local hospital went on internal disaster due to a power failure followed immediately by all 3 of their back up generators failing. Called the county to declare a major incident with up to 100 patients needing immediate transport out. Within an hour we had about 25 ambulances that were not needed in the system and off duty employees on site. Very cool to see for a small and isolated operation that we are.
B365BEA8-E310-4B4F-83F0-9D6664EEACD9.jpeg

CALEMT

Local hospital went on internal disaster due to a power failure followed immediately by all 3 of their back up generators failing. Called the county to declare a major incident with up to 100 patients needing immediate transport out. Within an hour we had about 25 ambulances that were not needed in the system and off duty employees on site. Very cool to see for a small and isolated operation that we are.View attachment 3989

Cause we don't **** around. Can't really complain... hurry up and wait for 4 hours of double time.