the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I picked a great weekend to be off, until Tuesday. My urge to go in is low. Very low.

Reckon I'll be the grey man until someone remembers I exist at the EOC, if they even need me. Home with wife and doing homework is pretty great!

On the downside, I work W/T/F/Sa/Su this week, so it's not like I won't get wet.

RocketMedic

And once the waters recede and people start strolling through the muddy wreckage....

RocketMedic

Everything, I reckon. It'll be sun-baked sewage mud all week long and I get to play in it!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Feeling for Texas, that just looks rough out there....

In lighter news, there's a Comic Con here in town and I got to meet Tommy, the original Green and White Power Ranger, Jason David Frank!

Alan Tudyk (Wash from Firefly and Serenity) is also here, hoping to score his autograph as well

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Everything, I reckon. It'll be sun-baked sewage mud all week long and I get to play in it!
I'm likely getting pulled to work the protests that are migrating to us which will be putting me working the majority of an 11 day stretch with I think one day off. Different kind of ****, but rolls downhill all the same.

RocketMedic

Got called in, came in the evening before for a 24-hour shift, then hopefully off Tuesday before my usual peak shifts begin on Wednesday. At least there's a decent amount of money involved- RocketMedic does't work for free lol.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Got called in, came in the evening before for a 24-hour shift, then hopefully off Tuesday before my usual peak shifts begin on Wednesday. At least there's a decent amount of money involved- RocketMedic does't work for free lol.
All our staff will be getting nice checks.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
IMG_7956.JPG
I just spent 4 days in the western NC mountains in my new camper with the family. Best vacation I've had in years.

In other news, I think I'd like to move to Brevard NC. No clue how EMS is there, and don't care. Mountain towns rock. Beer, fishing and biking. I'm in.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
like yesterday we broke out the turnouts for the first time and practiced putting them on. Standard is 1 min
Wait, is that just turnout gear or sucking air as well? When I was going through drills, we had to put on gear and suck air in two minutes. My average was 1:40ish.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I spent the day yesterday at the ESF8 desk in the EOC. Flooding, tornado, shelter openings. More rain on the way today. Nothing compared to Texas, but people still needed help and it's going to be awhile till things get back to normal for them.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Saw a picture of nursing home residents sitting in wheelchairs with water up to their chest. So very sad and heart breaking. They did get rescued.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
GoogleFu reveals it is in Transylvania County

EMS.jpg

Bada** patch, actually.
I would work there just to have the patch lol

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Big checks are nice, what isn't nice is what you go through to get them. I would hate every second of having to get wet. Next up are the vulture size mosquitoes. Deep Woods Off is okay if the humidity isn't sky high. Down in South Texas where the humidity jumps to over 90% at night, you tend to sweat it off in less than 10 minutes.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I would work there just to have the patch lol

Yep. I actually sent an email to ask about employment. According to the email response, "Historically, we fill full-time positions from our part-time roster."

That's no good.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
View attachment 3979 I just spent 4 days in the western NC mountains in my new camper with the family. Best vacation I've had in years.

In other news, I think I'd like to move to Brevard NC. No clue how EMS is there, and don't care. Mountain towns rock. Beer, fishing and biking. I'm in.
It is a pretty awesome place. I live about an hour or so north and east of Brevard, close to Lake James.

I mean, western NC is awful. People should just stay away. Most would hate it.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Yep. I actually sent an email to ask about employment. According to the email response, "Historically, we fill full-time positions from our part-time roster."

That's no good.
Most of the EMS agencies in the western part of the state are pretty good, schedule/equipment/protocol/culture wise, from what I've seen.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any good money anywhere.