the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Darn PODS truck broke down and couldn't deliver my POD today (yeah yeah yeah, coulda shoulda woulda ordered one sooner, but they need to go in the driveway not the street and until yesterday when my sister was visiting we had 4 vehicles fighting for driveway and curb space ha).....anyways for waving the delivery fee (like 2-300 bucks) I get to load my stuff into my pickup and drive 15 min to the PODs Storage Center where they ever so nicely set mine out to the side (forklifts are still working haha) so I can pretend it's a normal storage center and load my junk up into it manually like that....then they can still put it on the big truck to take to the port a few weeks from now to ship over to HI. Nice to know that's still an option, but kinda takes away from the main flexibility of having the thing in the driveway I can load up any time of the night I needed to (storage center is only open like 8am-7pm, plenty of hours to pack up one rooms worth of stuff into the 7'x7'x8' container, but still lol)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So far I am pretty impressed by my FP-C review course. Only 3 more days and 10 more tests to go

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Who did you choose to do it through?
Company called IA MED. They are hosting a class that is only 30 miles away from me so that was a huge factor. It’s a 4 day 40 hour FP-C refresher. Their claim is a 90% first time pass rate.

terrible one

Always wandering
Doesn't really matter anymore, all the big companies have gone away from discounting phones with a two year contract. So you end up getting a no interest payment plan now for your phone. Kind of sucks but they claim you save money, how I don't know.

Ya I'll go into Verizon today when I get off. Hope they don't jerk me around too much

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Well I applied for a flight position with PHI today. Not sure on all of the details yet but they are replacing our local AirMethods. Not all of the current employees are going to transition.

I was lucky enough to get an insider heads up, as the change isnt public knowledge yet but the application process has started. Maybe that will be an advantage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
6494153784.png

I miss fast upload speeds.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Sweet baby Jesus, I haven't smelled something that ripe in a while. I don't need any more fermented feet wounds for a while.:confused:

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Sweet baby Jesus, I haven't smelled something that ripe in a while. I don't need any more fermented feet wounds for a while.:confused:
upload_2017-7-28_21-40-22.png

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Man, never let a cert lapse. I let my Illinois cert go last year (complicated story). I have to document 100 CE hours, get a letter from a Doctor nobody has seen in two year. Retake the pyschomotor exam, and then take the illinois paramedic exam. Despite being certified in Indiana, Kentucky, and Nationally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Despite being certified in Indiana, Kentucky, and Nationally.

I'm about to let my NYS cert lapse (well, in 6 mo.), but their process for recert is suuuuuper straightforward - they call it a "challenge" recertification. All you have to do is sign up for a recert class, take the "challenge" exam, and if you pass it, there are maybe...10 hours of classes you have to go to.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I'm about to let my NYS cert lapse (well, in 6 mo.), but their process for recert is suuuuuper straightforward - they call it a "challenge" recertification. All you have to do is sign up for a recert class, take the "challenge" exam, and if you pass it, there are maybe...10 hours of classes you have to go to.
is it bad i don't know the recertification process for my own state?? Never run into that roadblock yet, still have another year.