the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
After a a month of waiting on back order, money has been withdrawn and the last of my truck parts ship out tomorrow. 3 years of hard work and late nights comes to an end this week.
ddf4c0a9ef03e2cb5f630bc1daff2d8b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
That looks good. I miss my square body.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
After a a month of waiting on back order, money has been withdrawn and the last of my truck parts ship out tomorrow. 3 years of hard work and late nights comes to an end this week.
ddf4c0a9ef03e2cb5f630bc1daff2d8b.jpg

That is a sweet looking truck, I can't wait to see the end result.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I think I wanna buy a kayak.
Kayaking seems like a legit workout. I was watching those olympic kayakers last summer, and have seen those white water kayakers gittin' it.

10 years younger, and maybe a double dose of intestinal fortitude, perhaps yes.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
That looks good. I miss my square body.

This is my first but she wont be the last. Im looking for a 69-71 C10 to bag. First I have to build a 55 mercury for my wife and help my step dad with his 80 C10

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
This is my first but she wont be the last. Im looking for a 69-71 C10 to bag. First I have to build a 55 mercury for my wife and help my step dad with his 80 C10

I had a 74 with a 454... Only reason I old her was that I couldn't afford gas. I'm still kicking myself for that

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Kayaking seems like a legit workout. I was watching those olympic kayakers last summer, and have seen those white water kayakers gittin' it.

10 years younger, and maybe a double dose of intestinal fortitude, perhaps yes.
With the calm bays we have around here they aren't too bad. I think next pay day I will buyone

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
All i know... when i "2" person kayak'ed with my fiance, it turned out to be a 1 person kayak because somebody was tired and wanted to look at the pretty water and trees... It was either that or we go in a circle because the concept of 1 oar on each side was foreign.

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
All i know... when i "2" person kayak'ed with my fiance, it turned out to be a 1 person kayak because somebody was tired and wanted to look at the pretty water and trees... It was either that or we go in a circle because the concept of 1 oar on each side was foreign.

Went on a double date doing the same thing once.. Me and my buddy were exhausted at the end of it. Our dates? Not so much, but don't worry, they got plenty of pictures saying they went kayaking!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Went to a wedding this week. Ceremony started at 5. Cocktail hour at 5:20. Reception at 6:20. After party at 10:45 at a downtown bar/club.

After party? AFTER PARTY? I'm too old to be going to after parties...... had a blast though.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Chimpie, you're not too old to go to after parties... you just know darned well enough you just shouldn't stick around an after party too long as severe drunkenness tends to break out, followed by flashy lights and nice bracelets and a call to the boss in the morning... if you're unlucky. If you're lucky, tomorrow feels like all week.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
HAHA. I'm a very responsible drinker. I'm usually a one and done if I'm out and about, or if I'm drinking at a hotel I'm staying at, two and I'm through.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Have a meeting in NYC on Thursday.... Realize parking is 45$.... + bridges/tunnels. Thought before hand i'll just go and bite the 15$ bullet... Actually applying for work to compensate me the money for the trip, NYC you are officially ludicrous..

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
Have a meeting in NYC on Thursday.... Realize parking is 45$.... + bridges/tunnels. Thought before hand i'll just go and bite the 15$ bullet... Actually applying for work to compensate me the money for the trip, NYC you are officially ludicrous..

HAHAHA.
If work didn't compensate you, I'd say it'd be easier just to take the Amtrak outta Rensselaer train station- that's what I always did and saved me soo much money (not to mention stress from driving around that hell hole!)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
When management has to send out an email specifically saying "1- while performing unsafe acts and acting immature on duty out in the general public is never a good idea. performing unsafe acts, acting immature on duty and then recording it and posting the behavior on social media is just plain ridiculous. So don't do it. " you just know there's a specific story here, wonder what stupidness abounded....just like an Army safety brief, they wouldn't be saying it if someone hadn't done it:D

dutemplar

Forum Captain

Yeah, assuming the wife gets a tourist visa for the US, we're looking at a trip "home" in November. Probably starting in Boston, grabbing a train to New York, train on to Lancaster and a rental car from there. Ugh... I will always remember a trip to Broadway back in the mid 90s and stopped for McDonalds. The $3.99 meal at home was $8.99 then. The last time I was up circa 2000 was hideously expensive for parking and a hotel. In '09ish stayed in Jersey by the Meadowlands and hopped a train in (courtesy ticket from the hotel) and it was still expensive as (bleep.)

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
HAHAHA.
If work didn't compensate you, I'd say it'd be easier just to take the Amtrak outta Rensselaer train station- that's what I always did and saved me soo much money (not to mention stress from driving around that hell hole!)

Well I can take the work car theoretically.. To save bridge money. But parking would still suck. The train times literally screw me. I'd be missing each possible one by like 20 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
Well I can take the work car theoretically.. To save bridge money. But parking would still suck. The train times literally screw me. I'd be missing each possible one by like 20 minutes.

If you're taking 87, you could drive out to Poughkeepsie and take it from there?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
If you're taking 87, you could drive out to Poughkeepsie and take it from there?

Was going to do house visits on my way down south for my southern parolees. So it'd be a weird route. The times for the trains really aren't co-operating, and my boss is also coming meaning he needs to be driven since he's important or some sht. + he's funny af. Asking him to get the state to pay for it later today. We shall see!