the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
need new work boots for around the house. I've been pretty loyal to chippewa's in the past 10 or so years, anybody have anything they feel is better? **I will not wear timberlands**
Timbo's are where it's at...if you're a 90's hip-hop artist.*

*I totally have a pair of Timberland's in my closet. I'm a product of the 80's and 90's what can I say? I love my Chippewa's, they're in my closet as well. I had them resoled a few years back, I just wear them all that often because I can't get past the comfort and convenience of my Redback slip-ons.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Ariat boots.

You'll never go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anything similar to this boot? http://www.taverngallery.co.uk/chip...d-mens-work-boots-golden-tan-nubuc-p-517.html

Edit: @VentMonkey I hate the New york timbs vibe. I hate timberland as a company, i also judge a persons work boots based on wear. not fashion.. I've been getting the timbs in the picture above for the past 10 years and love them. I usually wear my black "tacticool" boots, because they're rather comfortable, or nike running shoes. However, snow dictates "i need work boots" because i need to snow-throw(i went full tim allen with my snow thrower)/shovel. I move snow at up to 30 tons per hour... because that fact matters :D
http://www.knightsinc.com/ariensdeluxe28large.jpg

Last edited:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I have a pair of Wolverines that I have worn A LOT for the last 4 years or so. Great boot and it has held up well. I don't anymore due to work and stuff, but I wore it daily for a long time and it still gets a lot of use.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I have a pair of Wolverines that I have worn A LOT for the last 4 years or so.
IMG_0195.GIF

You didn't think I wouldn't take full advantage did you?o_O No time like the present for a thread derail of the directionless kind...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I have a pair of Sorel winter boots that are 100% awesome. I lived in Detroit for a few years. Necessary for piloting the snowblower.

Otherwise, I wear my extra pair of 5.11 boots.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Is there a "personal life work boot section"?? Nothing to do with Leo, just dislike the workboots as a fashion statement kinda thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
You need to run more calls as a paramedic before you're ready, they say.

You need to work less or you'll burn out, they also say.
not.jpg

I am not sure what to do. But I am pretty sick of running every call every day under the auspices of "training" and getting zero feedback.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@Tigger are you still in training as a paramedic for one of your gigs? I know I sure felt this way through my flight paramedic training.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
@Tigger are you still in training as a paramedic for one of your gigs? I know I sure felt this way through my flight paramedic training.
In all of them. AMR at least has FIs who go through a program and have to document every shift. But where I work primarily, it's just "run all of the calls until we think you're good."

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Damn Californians always griping about weather related issues. "It's too cold...it's too hot...there's not enough rain...there's too much rain...":rolleyes:

We are a fickle bunch
we just get mauled with snow and wind here. no variety to complain about

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Is there a "personal life work boot section"?? Nothing to do with Leo, just dislike the workboots as a fashion statement kinda thing

I think that mine fit my style very nicely. ;) Honestly, I wear my boots pretty much exclusively, unless I need specialty shoes for running or something (and if I don't have my running shoes with me, I'll run in my boots). They're very comfortable, they protect my feet/ankles, and black goes with everything. Rock what you like, I say.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Look at some Whites or Wescos

I forgot about Wescos. I absolutely love my Whites, however my next pair (backup) will either be Nicks or Wescos.