the 100% directionless thread

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Also, the AirTraq device isn't bad...
The couple of times I've seen it used, I wondered: "Why didn't they *start* with that?"

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Still stuck in the comm center reading 200 12lds a night and telling ambulances "No CCP for you, call back 1 month" and occasionally calling ahead for emergent medical, trauma, or cardiac activations. Wheeeeee.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Spending the day at the DMV renewing my DL and Ambulance Drivers license. Good times.

Does anyone know anywhere in CA that hires drivers only? The rules state you can get your ADL and within a year have to obtain an EMT cert. I've never heard of any place hiring like that.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Spending the day at the DMV renewing my DL and Ambulance Drivers license. Good times.

Does anyone know anywhere in CA that hires drivers only? The rules state you can get your ADL and within a year have to obtain an EMT cert. I've never heard of any place hiring like that.
They stopped that a few years ago. Schaefer stopped around 2006 I wanna say. Alot of your small time companys were doing it up until 2012.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Lucky me. The flu went away but now I have an ear infection.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Does anyone know anywhere in CA that hires drivers only?

California Hot Springs Volunteer ambulance. Staffed with a EMT and a driver.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
That's kind of cool. Would be a good way to get your feet wet in the business to see if this job is for you or not.

In total I only spent 45mins in the DMV to renew both my ADL and DL. That's not the Ca DMV I know. Missed two on the ADL test.

image.jpg

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
667b394e6755860e18dfa3fa39f021c7.jpg

Got to put our new truck in service and run its first call. Our first T1 in a decade. The type 1 its parked next to is a reserve and our oldest truck in the fleet... that we cant seem to kill

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
667b394e6755860e18dfa3fa39f021c7.jpg

Got to put our new truck in service and run its first call. Our first T1 in a decade. The type 1 its parked next to is a reserve and our oldest truck in the fleet... that we cant seem to kill

That truck in the background is like an 08 ford....I took my contacts out a couple minutes ago though so I might be wrong.

Bee truck looks good though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Eh it could be an 08, but since uou can buy an 08 in 07, my point isnt far off lol

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Eh it could be an 08, but since uou can buy an 08 in 07, my point isnt far off lol

Semantics, really. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
i only don't like the interior rails

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Man, I blew up in the ER today for no reason. Not even sure why I feel tired of everything, but I am. Now I am stressing that the ER is going to call and complain. That's going to make things better. :/

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Man, I blew up in the ER today for no reason. Not even sure why I feel tired of everything, but I am. Now I am stressing that the ER is going to call and complain. That's going to make things better. :/

Shoot your sups an email and let them know what happened. Tell them in the email that you will call them in the morning to explain it verbally. They need to hear it from you before they hear it from the staff. If you're on duty right now, go ahead and just call and wake them up and tell them.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Cleaned out my office today.

I'm starting a new job soon with an Urgent Care practice, filling two roles. I'll be working a couple of clinical shifts as a medic/MA per week and the rest of my time will be spent heading up the marketing effort for the group.

A whole new thing for me, but a cool new challenge.

I'll still be per diem on the 911 truck. And working my side gig running the event medical service.

Sounds like a reinvention.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I swear, I need to ride with you. Today was cellulitis (although he was an awesome WWII vet, so no complaints) and a light GI bleed...from the same nursing center....
I think I am just getting the new medic treatment. Flew a stroke out of the middle of nowhere yesterday. We were drawing up RSI meds when she suddenly started participating a neuro exam and clearing her own secretions.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I think I am just getting the new medic treatment. Flew a stroke out of the middle of nowhere yesterday. We were drawing up RSI meds when she suddenly started participating a neuro exam and clearing her own secretions.
And here I was transporting someone who got a condom stuck in them on my last shift. Although that's what happens when you get bumped to a BLS truck.....speaking of which, I have been meaning to upload a picture of that chief complaint of my PCR. :D