the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
And here I was transporting someone who got a condom stuck in them on my last shift. Although that's what happens when you get bumped to a BLS truck.....speaking of which, I have been meaning to upload a picture of that chief complaint of my PCR. :D
At least for me those narratives are very descriptive

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Flew a stroke out of the middle of nowhere yesterday. We were drawing up RSI meds when she suddenly started participating a neuro exam and clearing her own secretions.
TIA?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
This does not look promising, still I cannot be mad at The Cubbies:(...

Man, I blew up in the ER today for no reason. Not even sure why I feel tired of everything, but I am. Now I am stressing that the ER is going to call and complain. That's going to make things better. :/
I've had a similar week, except with one particular hospital's floor nursing staff. So far I haven't had any complaints as of yet, but it's probably because I've given the supervisors a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I've had a similar week, except with one particular hospital's floor nursing staff. So far I haven't had any complaints as of yet, but it's probably because I've given the supervisors a heads up.

Or because they haven't complained?

Sometimes even others realize cooler heads prevail.

Or because they haven't complained?

Sometimes even others realize cooler heads prevail.
This could be... and this is what I'm hoping happened.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Kershaw chocked again. Who would've thought the two teams in the 2016 World Series are the Cubs and Indians.

CALEMT

That being said?...Go Cubs:rolleyes:

I can't knock the Dodgers. They got farther than my Angels this year, but what can I say? I have to dislike the Dodgers.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I can't knock the Dodgers. They got farther than my Angels this year, but what can I say? I have to dislike the Dodgers.
You mean The Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles Who Are Nowhere Remotely Near Los Angeles Angels??o_O

CALEMT

You mean The Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles Who Are Nowhere Remotely Near Los Angeles Angels??o_O

Oh believe me. I prefer the California Angels. This Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim crap needs to go away.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I don't know if I want to do this anymore. Does it even count as burnout if it's only been a year and few months?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I don't know if I want to do this anymore. Does it even count as burnout if it's only been a year and few months?
Yep. It can happen to anyone at just about anytime. Talk it through if you wish, that's the beauty of this online forum. Tons on here have experienced it, and are still here, so don't get too down.

There are those quintessential resources available as well. Perhaps time away will do good though. It's gotten me through plenty of highs and lows. Best of luck to you, and I am sure I speak for others by saying ours ears are open.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
A good test is to examine your current work in "functional units" and how much you enjoy/despise them. For example, if you detest spending time at the station because the atmosphere with co workers is toxic, but you still enjoy patient interactions, it's not burnout... it's situational stressors.

You have to be very honest in your assessment and take several days or weeks to look at all aspects of your situation.

CALEMT

Go to Tahiti for a week and drink mai tai's on the beach with bikini girls.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Tour bus vs Big rig. As of right now 10 deaths. Gladly I am not working today

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Go to Tahiti for a week and drink mai tai's on the beach with bikini girls.
Considering that I'm a heterosexual female who has yet to develop a taste for anything stronger than black coffee... :p
Tour bus vs Big rig. As of right now 10 deaths. Gladly I am not working today
Not a good day. :(