the 100% directionless thread

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Today didn't start off well. I just got a phone call that a close friend and mentor of mine died unexpectedly. Really bummed now.
Oh, no. I'm really sorry to hear that. Just remember that we are here for you if you need anyone to talk to.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Hoping ER round 2 goes a bit better Sunday, today just plain sucked. Had some awesome Nurses that I learned from at least.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
They need to put the port where you plug in your phone to charge it up somewhere other than the bottom sothat way I don't mess up the plug itself when laying in bed (or heck even just sitting down in a chair) and I go to rest the phone on something..

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
They need to put the port where you plug in your phone to charge it up somewhere other than the bottom sothat way I don't mess up the plug itself when laying in bed (or heck even just sitting down in a chair) and I go to rest the phone on something..
Ports used to be on the side (see above) and some phones even had them on top. I scratched my head the day the industry said, "Let's always put them on the bottom."

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I miss my phone with side port charging. The girlfriend needs it as she keeps killing lightning cords for her iphone lol

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Well, we are officially 27 days a way from the Super Bowl and the NFL has yet to tell our medical organization who's been cleared to work. Even the guys who've been running RockMed at Levi's since it open are still waiting to hear.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Well, we are officially 27 days a way from the Super Bowl and the NFL has yet to tell our medical organization who's been cleared to work. Even the guys who've been running RockMed at Levi's since it open are still waiting to hear.
As a volunteer agency, does RockMed still cover something like the Super Bowl?

Honestly, it's shocking to me that a volunteer agency provides primary stadium medical coverage at any NFL game, but even more for an event like the Super Bowl. With the amount of money and resources in an organization like the NFL, I would imagine they would contract with another agency for medical coverage. I guess nothing is impossible, but I feel like planning for the increased demand and crowds of Super Bowl medicine would have needed to begin a while ago.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
As a volunteer agency, does RockMed still cover something like the Super Bowl?

Honestly, it's shocking to me that a volunteer agency provides primary stadium medical coverage at any NFL game, but even more for an event like the Super Bowl. With the amount of money and resources in an organization like the NFL, I would imagine they would contract with another agency for medical coverage. I guess nothing is impossible, but I feel like planning for the increased demand and crowds of Super Bowl medicine would have needed to begin a while ago.

Yup. RockMed is working the Super Bowl. Oh trust me, our head guys have been planning since it was announced that Levi's was going to be hosting the Super Bowl. The question that is lingering is who's been cleared to work? Apparently, our background checks aren't finished yet.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
With the amount of money and resources in an organization like the NFL, I would imagine they would contract with another agency for medical coverage
That's exactly what my dad says about Levi's.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I don't believe it is Rockmed only. At Candlestick, it was ProTransport-1 too. Before ProTransport-1, it was King American Ambulance. They would pair up with Rockmed folks. At Levi, I think they pair up with the 911 provider County Ambulance (operated by Rural/Metro).

EMT2015

Forum Captain
I don't believe it is Rockmed only. At Candlestick, it was ProTransport-1 too. Before ProTransport-1, it was King American Ambulance. They would pair up with Rockmed folks. At Levi, I think they pair up with the 911 provider County Ambulance (operated by Rural/Metro).
This is correct. We provided the medical care for the whole stadium, but we do have Rural/Metro wandering around along with county fire. All Rural/Metro really does for us is transport patients to the hospital if needed. So, not only does RockMed provide event medial services, but there is an EMT at Levi's 7 days a week. I'm trying to get that job, because the EMT gets paid living wages which is $14.75 (somewhere in that range).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Has anyone else had trouble with keeping their eyeglasses on their face during chest compressions? Mine like to bounce down my nose.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Thanks for the tip, Chimpie, looks like an ideal solution.