the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It feel awesome to have all my bills paid and still have some money left over.

In other news, I found out I'm on the ERT team, just nobody thought it was imperative for me to be notified haha.
No one really knows who is on the team until you get the phone call "hey, we are activated. I'm your strike team leader. You need to be at XYZ in 90 minutes" haha

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
It feel awesome to have all my bills paid and still have some money left over.

In other news, I found out I'm on the ERT team, just nobody thought it was imperative for me to be notified haha.

No one really knows who is on the team until you get the phone call "hey, we are activated. I'm your strike team leader. You need to be at XYZ in 90 minutes" haha

I've been looking to join the team. Just have no idea how to haha.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Talk to the sups. They should have a piece of paper for you to fill out.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Thats so odd to me lol. But then again when i was on the DRT there were only two of us from my operation and maybe ten in the whole state on the team

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Thats so odd to me lol. But then again when i was on the DRT there were only two of us from my operation and maybe ten in the whole state on the team
When I got sent out I was the only EMT on the team. There were only a handful of medic. That's just from our division. We probably have enough for at least 5 strike teams county wide

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Talk to the old man and see if you can setup a time to come in and load up the application on one of the computers, go through, fill it out and print it out and attach all the documentation that they want. All of the certs should be archived on his computer.

I've heard you need to be FT though, but I'm not sure if it is true.

Last edited:

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Anyone else ever have a friend call you an a**hole for calling the cops on them, because they were talking about suicide by cop? Nope, oh well.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Saw some deer when pulling out of the driveway and came home with some 00 buck and 30-06 ammo...hoping to get some food for the freezer before I leave.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Anyone else ever have a friend call you an a**hole for calling the cops on them, because they were talking about suicide by cop? Nope, oh well.
Don't ever second guess yourself in a situation like that. You went with your gut instinct and I'm sure it was the right action.

I hope your friend realizes that in the near future.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Don't ever second guess yourself in a situation like that. You went with your gut instinct and I'm sure it was the right action.

I hope your friend realizes that in the near future.

I'm trying not to, althought I do have to admit I'm struggling with this.

This all happened because my friend was mad at me because I wouldn't sell him some pain pills and thought I was lying/ playing him. He then proceeded to tell me that he was going to commit suicided, I called the cops(even though I want much help), and then about 2 hrs later the guy texts me to tell me that I ruined his life and that I was an a**hole.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm trying not to, althought I do have to admit I'm struggling with this.

This all happened because my friend was mad at me because I wouldn't sell him some pain pills and thought I was lying/ playing him. He then proceeded to tell me that he was going to commit suicided, I called the cops(even though I want much help), and then about 2 hrs later the guy texts me to tell me that I ruined his life and that I was an a**hole.
You may have saved your friends life. Remember that his state of mind is messed up enough to consider a permanent solution to a temporary problem, his lashing out isn't based on rational thought.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So it's less than 3 days before Christmas, and I've done literally zero gift shopping. I have zero gifts. While I'm making significant progress towards solving it, I'm still jobless and a little broke....but I still feel bad that I don't have anything for my family :( Maybe I'll just buy some giftcards?

EMT2015

Forum Captain
You may have saved your friends life. Remember that his state of mind is messed up enough to consider a permanent solution to a temporary problem, his lashing out isn't based on rational thought.

Ok. Thank you. I just don't know why I'm having a hard with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Thank you everyone for being here. I appreciate it a lot
You did the right thing. From someone who has lost someone to suicide, you were awesome doing that

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
bb2fd7e5c60e80835d0fedc52ff3f90b.jpg

9% each. Tired now

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If I ever find myself in South Texas(?) I'm so grabbing a beer with you.
Lol yep. Im on Galveston island now. I know the best places near me to get good beer