the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hardest choice of my life is trying to find the perfect backpack for motorcycle riding. I have 2 different Camelbaks. My old one has a decent amount of storage but only holds 2L of water. My newer one has a lot less storage but holds 3L. Choices choices.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Hardest choice of my life is trying to find the perfect backpack for motorcycle riding. I have 2 different Camelbaks. My old one has a decent amount of storage but only holds 2L of water. My newer one has a lot less storage but holds 3L. Choices choices.

Somehow wear both? :p

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
So I may be living this **** hole of a city.... For the high-desert! hah.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

terrible one

Always wandering
I work in the high desert, couldn't imagine living there. But to each there own, good luck. I hear adelanto is nice hahah

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
My cousins used to live in 29 Palms. (Marines) I would go visit them there. Wouldn't want to live there, though.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
New AHA guidelines release. No major changes. No more vasopressin. Recommend BLS use narcan in opiate OD. Changed the recommendation from >100 chest compressions/minute to 100-120. Changed the recommended depth of >2 in to 2 in to 2.4 in (I think 6-7 cm?). That's about it I think.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
New AHA guidelines release. No major changes. No more vasopressin. Recommend BLS use narcan in opiate OD. Changed the recommendation from >100 chest compressions/minute to 100-120. Changed the recommended depth of >2 in to 2 in to 2.4 in (I think 6-7 cm?). That's about it I think.
There seemed to be a preference for biphasic defib over monophasic defibrillators. I glanced over the new AHA guidelines but didn't get too involved with it. Aprz pretty much summed up what I saw. No major changes, vasopressin is removed.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
So we have officially opened up our 10th bag of Halloween candy in my house.....it's not even Halloween yet.:eek:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Had my first non self inflicted shooting today, dad accidentally shot his adult son in the back from five feet away with a .45. Hit him in the left flank, came out in the epigaatrum before becoming lodged in the back seat of their car. Somehow only knicked his diaphragm and small bowel.

For us he was pale as a paper, had no veins (I missed a few as did my partner on the way to the LZ), and had a pretty rigid abdomen.

Grocery shopping to a shooting, that's a new one...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So nice of dispatch to finally let me eat dinner at 2120 tonight, that after getting a call in between paying for my food and before it was ready, then holding the wall for an hour, then just as I got back in right before my dang shrimp and bacon burrito was ready got to ed out again, luckily was able to wait a minute and at least picked it up before heading out the door.

Although the tri city MCI drill (just a talk through of the various roles and a scenario, not actual hands on) was somewhat interesting earlier

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Somehow only knicked his diaphragm and small bowel.
That's no bueno.

The only shooting I was ever on was a punk teenager got popped with a 22 in the leg while slinging some weed. When he asked if he was going to live the cop told him yes but his leg would probably be amputated. Then the kid started crying. Cruel? Maybe. Funny as hell? Yup.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That's no bueno.

The only shooting I was ever on was a punk teenager got popped with a 22 in the leg while slinging some weed. When he asked if he was going to live the cop told him yes but his leg would probably be amputated. Then the kid started crying. Cruel? Maybe. Funny as hell? Yup.
That. is. awesome.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
Had my first non self inflicted shooting today, dad accidentally shot his adult son in the back from five feet away with a .45. Hit him in the left flank, came out in the epigaatrum before becoming lodged in the back seat of their car. Somehow only knicked his diaphragm and small bowel.

For us he was pale as a paper, had no veins (I missed a few as did my partner on the way to the LZ), and had a pretty rigid abdomen.

Grocery shopping to a shooting, that's a new one...

"Concealment holsters don't need retention devices"

:mad: