the 100% directionless thread

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
20151012_182316.jpg
Guess what I brought home today! $469 out the door which included an extra magazine and 20 hollow point home bullets.

Also a free t-shirt and 2 free lane rentals. :p

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Well I was just way off, I saw no rails, should've looked closer at the length of the grip :p

Nice small grip. Just right for me. Can't wait to shoot it. I rented one the last two times. Just finished shooting 50 rounds, but I haven't shot my own yet. Might not sleep well tonight. :p

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So I'm in the stock room, helping the medics put away the pharmaceutical resupply, talking about some of the different medal we carry, even demonstrating/training on the filter needle and vial Epi (the medic not me) so naturally just as we start talking about ACLS, tones drop for a person not breathing at a SNF two blocks away, arrive on scene 3 min later to find staff doing CPR, they witnessed the arrest, but hey, 15 min and two shocks later we get ROSC, and it was my partners first save as well (guess who's buying ice cream for the station!)

Internship has me to the point that I'm about ready to just walk out of the ambulance bay and start a new life as a street corner prostitute. Better pay, better hours, and less stress.
I'm assuming that you're interning up at Liberty?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
As it turns out, they did a background check (just like Akulahawk said), but I didn't have to pay anything and it took all of five or ten minutes and that included filling out the paperwork. They made a quick call to the FBI and then took my credit card. :p

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
As it turns out, they did a background check (just like Akulahawk said), but I didn't have to pay anything and it took all of five or ten minutes and that included filling out the paperwork. They made a quick call to the FBI and then took my credit card. :p
Pretty much how it goes here. Except it costs us $35. Wait $25... I don't remember off the top of my head, it's somewhere in that range.

Now go put a couple thousand rounds down ranger and get good with it!!

We just had a new indoor range open that has a reality based training range along with regular lanes and runs all sorts of classes. I'm looking forward to using marking rounds and handguns with CO2 conversions to do home/self defense simulations.

Do some searching on local gun forums or Facebook groups. Smmo can be prohibitively expensive and cause people to not practice. I get 500 rounds of 9mm for $115 or 1000 rounds for $220, not including tax. It's possible to get reasonably priced ammo just gotta do your homework :)

Some might disagree and it sucks because it's expensive but shoot occasionally with your self defense ammo. Be real ****ty to need it and find out your gun doesn't like to cycle a particular type of ammo.

Example, my 19 will jam every 4-5 rounds with ammo from one local company however the other company that I buy from I've put 3500+ rounds down range and never had a jam. Both are factory reloads. I have a friend who's never had a problem with any of his guns with company A so I'm not totally sold that it's the ammo like many have suggested.

To make it fun I always bring some fruit to shoot at when I shoot my hornaday rounds. If I'm gonna spend that kinda money I wanna have a grand old time doing it!

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Pretty much how it goes here. Except it costs us $35. Wait $25... I don't remember off the top of my head, it's somewhere in that range.

Now go put a couple thousand rounds down ranger and get good with it!!

We just had a new indoor range open that has a reality based training range along with regular lanes and runs all sorts of classes. I'm looking forward to using marking rounds and handguns with CO2 conversions to do home/self defense simulations.

Do some searching on local gun forums or Facebook groups. Smmo can be prohibitively expensive and cause people to not practice. I get 500 rounds of 9mm for $115 or 1000 rounds for $220, not including tax. It's possible to get reasonably priced ammo just gotta do your homework :)

Some might disagree and it sucks because it's expensive but shoot occasionally with your self defense ammo. Be real ****ty to need it and find out your gun doesn't like to cycle a particular type of ammo.

Example, my 19 will jam every 4-5 rounds with ammo from one local company however the other company that I buy from I've put 3500+ rounds down range and never had a jam. Both are factory reloads. I have a friend who's never had a problem with any of his guns with company A so I'm not totally sold that it's the ammo like many have suggested.

To make it fun I always bring some fruit to shoot at when I shoot my hornaday rounds. If I'm gonna spend that kinda money I wanna have a grand old time doing it!

The range I've been going to has reality based training and classes, too. Great place. Plus, they have a Ladie's night where lane rental fee is waived. Show up with your own gun and ammo and you only have to buy targets there!

I found a site called Sportman's Guide. They seem to have good prices for ammo ($12 for 50 of Magtech) but if there are better ones out there, I'm open to suggestions for sure! I already have some desert areas scoped out where shooting is permitted and am going to save cans and bottles and stuff I can't wait to get out there!

I just paid $98 for 400 rounds plus $14 to ship. Is that good? For Remington 9mm bullets

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
The range I've been going to has reality based training and classes, too. Great place. Plus, they have a Ladie's night where lane rental fee is waived. Show up with your own gun and ammo and you only have to buy targets there!

I found a site called Sportman's Guide. They seem to have good prices for ammo ($12 for 50 of Magtech) but if there are better ones out there, I'm open to suggestions for sure! I already have some desert areas scoped out where shooting is permitted and am going to save cans and bottles and stuff I can't wait to get out there!

I just paid $98 for 400 rounds plus $14 to ship. Is that good? For Remington 9mm bullets

I just found a code for free shipping that they were willing to honor. That means I paid $98 for 400 rounds. :p
If I added 100 more rounds, would have been $22 more. I guess that's not too bad.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
So the past 4 shifts I've got off at least 45 minutes late.