the 100% directionless thread

MrJones

Iconoclast
Moving sucks. Everything about it. Especially when you're forced to move. Even though the destination is only two miles down the road, it doesn't make it any better.

Try moving 2,000 miles. Toss in four trailer-loads of equipment that you have to haul yourself, and only give yourself a month to get them moved.

Yeah. Moving sucks.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Your either really young, or age very well.
Hopefully both?

Can I just be young? I grew that shaggy goatee to upgrade from really young, it's sort of working. I did cut much of my hair after seeing myself on TV, woof.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
photo 5.JPG 20150531_231206.png Welp. Officially have my security clearance packet back in with my recruiter. Going to MEPS next week. I'm not at the pace I was running before by far, but I'm at a 14:10 2 mile. So still got some work to do, but I don't think there's many people out there that can claim a 7 min mile pace when they're 5 months post op from hip surgery :p hopefully everything goes well at MEPS, I'm still missing some ROM (I can't turn my inwards and up. the motion to cross my legs), so still not 100% that it'll happen. But damn I'm hopeful ha
Edit: I finally got copies of the handiwork of my surgeon. They made me for MEPS

Last edited:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
You're smoking me, my 2 mile time at drill yesterday was 16:11 and I don't have surgery as an excuse lol

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Ha well I was just north of 13 min before the surgery. Besides that though the required run for 1.5 mile for PJ is around 9 min. I can't seem to cut below 7 min pace anymore at all. Dunno if that's one of the things that will just be more time to heal or what, but. It sucks ha.
Besides that the only thing I'm having issues with still is swimming. Treading water kills my leg. Which is sorta a big deal. Ha. So I don't know how MEPS will be when I tell them that treading water aggravates my injury. Thats the only thing I'm nervous about.
Edit: and yeah I know it's weird I'm pacing 2 miles when Pj does 1.5, but I initially was training with an army guy last winter. So habit haha

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Just recently people have stopped carding me regularly for alcohol... It makes me sad.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
So I just went back to my old apt to let a professional cleaner in to do a final clean up for our final inspection which is in about an hour or so. Our complex is safe. No issues in two years that I lived there.

This morning as I pull into the complex (6:45am) I see a sheriff's deputy driving around. Odd, but appreciate them patrolling. Pull around to our building which is in the back and I see three other deputies, knocking on my neighbor's door. Odd as well. Right as I get out of my car I hear the whole, "Sheriff's Department, let me see your hands." as the cops go in, guns drawn. Holy ****.

I go inside and start peeking out the window. I see one of the deputies walk my neighbor outside and start questioning him. From what I can overhear, there was a shots fired call and they were banging on the door for 45 minutes.

That's one way to start your Monday.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I think I have picked out the perfect Halloween costumes to start making. Yaaasssss.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
So follow up... cops responded to the report of a single shot being fired. They knocked for a while, before finally picking the lock and going in. Yep, they actually picked the lock. My neighbor said he was asleep and never heard them knocking. He only heard them coming up the stairs. He looked out his bedroom door to see them coming up the stairs, guns drawn.

He was wide awake when left for work today.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
So follow up... cops responded to the report of a single shot being fired. They knocked for a while, before finally picking the lock and going in. Yep, they actually picked the lock. My neighbor said he was asleep and never heard them knocking. He only heard them coming up the stairs. He looked out his bedroom door to see them coming up the stairs, guns drawn.

He was wide awake when left for work today.

This is how people get shot (both officers and civilians) :mad:

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I'm going to become one of "those guys." I am going to visit and probably join a crossfit gym. I need to do something to lose the extra pounds and what I am doing is not working, so time to mix things up!

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm going to become one of "those guys." I am going to visit and probably join a crossfit gym. I need to do something to lose the extra pounds and what I am doing is not working, so time to mix things up!

Don't do it!!! Do Jiu-Jitsu instead!

PotatoMedic

Don't do it!!! Do Jiu-Jitsu instead!
I thought about it. But the only gym within a reasonable distance has horrible hours.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
I thought about it. But the only gym within a reasonable distance has horrible hours.

Bummer - maybe another martial art? Judo, boxing, Muay Thai, etc?

I feel like it's important that you enjoy doing whatever activity you pick, or you won't stick with it. I guess if you enjoy Crossfit then more power to you!

PotatoMedic

Cross fit is awful on your joints

I am not using them anyways. You know lifting with your back and all! On a different note I found a different Jiu-Jitsu gym near (ish) me. Sent them an email.

I just need something structured.