the 100% directionless thread

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Slept great until I heard neighbors come home, shutting their car door(s) at least six times. Ugh

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
If my college decides not to count my zero shift as time then I have 432 hours left.

I'm already at like 30 ALS patient contacts out of the 40 required. Looks like I'll have to do another shift in the OR to get some more tubes
How many tubes are required? We need 10. I got 12 on my first shift and my second shift at a different facility wouldn't let me tube anyone. It was weird. They let me do a lma and that was all.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
How many tubes are required? We need 10. I got 12 on my first shift and my second shift at a different facility wouldn't let me tube anyone. It was weird. They let me do a lma and that was all.
6. I got 1 in my 4 hour OR shift (they wouldn't allow me to rotate through and intubate patients. I had to stay through the whole surgery). And then I got 1 in the ED.

So if I don't get 4 tubes by my 20th shift I get to do another OR rotation to get them done.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
6. I got 1 in my 4 hour OR shift (they wouldn't allow me to rotate through and intubate patients. I had to stay through the whole surgery). And then I got 1 in the ED.

So if I don't get 4 tubes by my 20th shift I get to do another OR rotation to get them done.
Oh, wow. I literally went around in the morning talking to every anesthesiologist/ crna and they let me rotate through almost all of their procedures.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Oh, wow. I literally went around in the morning talking to every anesthesiologist/ crna and they let me rotate through almost all of their procedures.
Some of our students had that experience in the OR. Then we had some who didn't get any intubations. We only had a 4hr shift in the OR

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
So my car has been having problems running and I just took out my spark plugs and in only one it looked like water was in it! The other 3 didn't have any water on them. Does anyone know what that means or how to fix that?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
So my car has been having problems running and I just took out my spark plugs and in only one it looked like water was in it! The other 3 didn't have any water on them. Does anyone know what that means or how to fix that?
That can mean a blown head gasket. Check your oil and your engine coolant. You shouldn't see any mixing of those fluids. Oil shouldn't be in the coolant, coolant shouldn't in the oil. If significant amounts of coolant gets in the oil, it might end up looking like chocolate milk.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
That can mean a blown head gasket. Check your oil and your engine coolant. You shouldn't see any mixing of those fluids. Oil shouldn't be in the coolant, coolant shouldn't in the oil. If significant amounts of coolant gets in the oil, it might end up looking like chocolate milk.

Agreed. Could even be a cracked head. Bad news.

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks guys, I just talked with my grandpa who has been a mechanic his whole life & he said the same thing! But the oil doesn't have any water in it & the coolant doesn't have any oil in it, so he said that's a good sign at least. We are going to work on it more tomorrow. Thanks again.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So a fire department ambulance in my area was transporting a critical patient to the ED and hit a pedestrian. They told their dispatch about it but kept transporting. Sounds like someone is going to have a very long vacation

Anjel

Forum Angel
No life pack I don't think the depression is due to hypertrophy.

2eva9azy.jpg

37 yof. Chest pain. Turned into this..

6ezyjana.jpg

Was A&Ox4 by the time we got to the ER.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
No life pack I don't think the depression is due to hypertrophy.

2eva9azy.jpg

37 yof. Chest pain. Turned into this..

6ezyjana.jpg

Was A&Ox4 by the time we got to the ER.
Nice. 37 years old? Wow

Anjel

Forum Angel
Yea I really didn't believe it at first lol then she coded. First Save for me though. I was pretty excited lol

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I had my first save the other day too, traumatic arrest! Well. Probably don't be walking out of the ER, but still. Protocol says we have to work him. The entire passenger side of the car was gone, and we thought the guy was DOA. He was laying outside of the car, right next to it, face down in a pool of blood. Monitor showed PEA @45 or 48 so we worked him up, and got pulses back enroute to the ER. Last pressure I saw at the ER was low 100's, and HR in the 110's.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'm going to move to Washington or Oregon, live in a hut, and run trails and work in a running shop for the rest of my life. *sigh*

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Sounds like your having a good day...

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. I'm watching the Mich vs Mich State game.