the 100% directionless thread

Transitioning from paper PCRs to ePCRs is a pain in the a**. My new company uses ePCRs and they're extremely time consuming... [emoji19]

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Everything about that room screams I'm in EMS lol
Eh thats yhe only wall lol. And I could have all my state certs up but I figured flight and registry was enough

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I was about ready to go nuts. Been good to be back on the truck. I am not a big fan of 16s though. 6.5 more hours of this shift then birthday mañana then CCP class Monday and back to 12s as the PIC Tuesday :)

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
4 IV attempts with no success. No good EJs. Ended up doing a conscious IO. Not bad for shift number 6
Our student today was telling us about that ;)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Normally I dislike red wine, but the other day we bought a bottle of The Dreaming Tree - Crush, which is a blend. Drank half the bottle on night one, finished it the next. We'll definitely be buying a few more bottles the next time we go shopping.

Angel

Paramedic
Where from? I'm the same way. I like sweet whites but want to find a red I can like for some reason.

Normally I dislike red wine, but the other day we bought a bottle of The Dreaming Tree - Crush, which is a blend. Drank half the bottle on night one, finished it the next. We'll definitely be buying a few more bottles the next time we go shopping.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Transitioning from paper PCRs to ePCRs is a pain in the a**. My new company uses ePCRs and they're extremely time consuming... [emoji19]
I've seen some good ePCR's and some incredibly piss poor ones...the ones my current agency use are outstanding. It's basically just a scanned in paper copy on the tablet you just tap in the section you want to input info and it'll bring up the appropriate input box type This is the website for what we use, looks just like our iPad's too, shows it better than I can explain it lol
http://digitalemsinc.com/product-images/

Whereas I've seen others where the software doesn't follow a traditional paper PCR format at all, instead you have a jumble of tabs and to jump through to find what you want to input and isnt intuitive at all....LAFD uses a toughbook with that style ePCR, every time they come to our hospitals and sees what we use they always tell us they wish they had our system haha

surfinluke

Forum Crew Member
I've seen some good ePCR's and some incredibly piss poor ones...the ones my current agency use are outstanding. It's basically just a scanned in paper copy on the tablet you just tap in the section you want to input info and it'll bring up the appropriate input box type This is the website for what we use, looks just like our iPad's too, shows it better than I can explain it lol
http://digitalemsinc.com/product-images/

Whereas I've seen others where the software doesn't follow a traditional paper PCR format at all, instead you have a jumble of tabs and to jump through to find what you want to input and isnt intuitive at all....LAFD uses a toughbook with that style ePCR, every time they come to our hospitals and sees what we use they always tell us they wish they had our system haha

That looks so clean and user friendly. The place I used to work at was like you were saying with the tabs and having to jump back and forth and stuff reverting back to default times. It was a painstaking process to say the least.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Where from? I'm the same way. I like sweet whites but want to find a red I can like for some reason.
I bought this bottle at Publix, the major grocery store chain here in Florida. I know Total Wine and More also carries it.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I bought this bottle at Publix, the major grocery store chain here in Florida. I know Total Wine and More also carries it.
Mmm total wine. I love their beer selection

Angel

Paramedic
Mmm total wine. I love their beer selection

i get so overwhelmed in there! they have soooo much of everything. but im def gonna see if someone can find the crush for me.

also a bit OT (ill cross post it)
has anyone seen ads for the New Orleans EMS show supposed to air next month? I havent seen anything and they usually pull out all the stops for these shows early

FutureEMT2014

Forum Probie
They look so innocent.
1f642e0d357ee34139b18990fcbc46ac.jpg

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
1st day of my 24 hour EMT refresher course today. Our instructor told us he hadn't been on an ambulance since the early 90's and it showed when he pationately defended EMTs backboarding based on MOI alone based on an anecdotal story of how he knows a guy who back in the day was involved in a bad car wreck and wasn't boarded and released from the ER went back a week later and was told he had an "unstable" C-Spine fracture, and how he was horrified the guy had been walking around on it for a week when even a sneeze "could've killed him or at least made him a quadriplegic" and therefore he doesn't agree with us backboarding less people because "we're missing people who need boards". Yikes. Maybe if you're gonna be teaching recert courses for 20 years you should keep up on the research behind these major changes? Especially since the change from spinal immobilization to spinal motion restriction isn't a "work in progress", it's the official county guideline we're now all supposed to be following? Sigh..

Anjel

Forum Angel
Michigan finally approved to do away with back boarding. Should go into effect state wide at the beginning of the year.