the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
God, why can't amoxicillin. Be OTC? I really need some for my ear infection, but can't get in until Monday or Tuesday. The pain is horrible.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
God, why can't amoxicillin. Be OTC? I really need some for my ear infection, but can't get in until Monday or Tuesday. The pain is horrible.
Because people cant be trusted to not partake in the creation of super bugs. Doctors included

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

There's OTC ear drops that are amazing. A-maz-ing. Start working in like 5 minutes. Might not fix the problem but they sure as he'll make it feel better.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Brother I don't think anyone likes them. They send a shiver down my spine every time.

Just drives it home...the chilly willies don't help either. Being part of one isn't my favorite thing either.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Did you make it to the vigil at St V's?

I did, it was pretty much exactly what you'd expect. Good turnout, pretty much half hospital staff, half EMS, almost every department within 50 miles had at least a couple people there (Oddly, AAS didn't send a truck.).

Couldn't hear a thing that they were saying, couldn't keep the candles lit because of the wind, and three units had tones drop during the service.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
It still trips me out that I can walk into a pharmacy, and with nothing more than a couple pieces of paper and my signature buy schedule II drugs.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just got word I'm still in tge running for a flight position with the university fixed wing program in nm :)

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Had my first shooting as a medic yesterday. Stuck an abd pad on it and took his pressure. Guy was a jerk and ruined all the fun for me.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Had my first shooting as a medic yesterday. Stuck an abd pad on it and took his pressure. Guy was a jerk and ruined all the fun for me.
A lot of guys that get shot that I've run on are like that. My thoughts usually are 'i can see why someone wanted to shoot you now'

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
A lot of guys that get shot that I've run on are like that. My thoughts usually are 'i can see why someone wanted to shoot you now'
This Guy Is well known here. He refused to let them remove the bullet. He already has one lodged in the same thigh and didnt think another would hurt.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Spammer: Tshirt idea is my bet.

Edit: Useless informative link was my next guess...

Last edited by a moderator:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I've actually been somewhat entertained by these T shirt ideas of the day. The only thing more entertaining would be if I saw someone actually wearing one in public. I'd definitely try to snap a surreptitious picture...

Anjel

Forum Angel
Spammer: Tshirt idea is my bet.

Edit: Useless informative link was my next guess...

I like the tshirt! Ha only because I pride myself in the fact of being able to put the orange one in my mouth without gagging.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I see a lot of t-shirts popping up on the different Facebook pages. I'd be more than happy to get something going for us (EMTLife) but I have no artistic skills whatsoever.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Day 8 out of 7... Let's see who dies on shift today.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I just worked four days in row, a different schedule as we normally work two days followed by two nights. The only good thing about that is four full days off.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
These EMS t-shirts are now popping up as a suggested sponsored link on every single website I visit on my phone. That's what I get for clicking on the link!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
These EMS t-shirts are now popping up as a suggested sponsored link on every single website I visit on my phone. That's what I get for clicking on the link!

Yeah, that's happened to me as well.

A few minutes ago I did a search for cabinet knobs, searched ONE website, and now the next three websites I go to all have advertisements for knobs.