the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
JP where are you doing your residency if you don't mind me asking? Did you end up doing EM?

I didn't match into EM for a couple reasons, the big one being out of my control. So I'm doing a 1 year internship ("Traditional Rotating Internship") at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in California and going through the Medical Hunger Games again this year.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I didn't match into EM for a couple reasons, the big one being out of my control. So I'm doing a 1 year internship ("Traditional Rotating Internship") at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in California and going through the Medical Hunger Games again this year.

What department are you going to be in? I'll be doing some medic shifts there

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Uh Oh... I just noticed that JPINFV has changed his "Training" status to the most dangerous one known in Medicine... Resident!!!!!!!

I thought that was "Nursing Home RN"...
I said medicine not nursing...
resized_winter-is-coming-meme-generator-brace-yourselves-july-is-coming-5184e2.jpg
Yes, I darned well know it...

FLdoc2011

Forum Captain

How was EM this year? Pretty competitive? Last several years it has seen that way..... At least more popular.

Even outside the match during/after SOAP (I guess that's the new scramble?) I've heard pickins' were slim.

JPINFV

Gadfly
How was EM this year? Pretty competitive? Last several years it has seen that way..... At least more popular.

Even outside the match during/after SOAP (I guess that's the new scramble?) I've heard pickins' were slim.

Well, there were a lot more spots this year in the scramble (AOA) (3, 5 including dual programs) and SOAP (ACGME) (a dozen or so). However I still think that most still matched. My biggest problem was that I didn't ensure that I had SLORs (I forgot to ask, and one place said that they "filled out a form". For my home program I was dealing with the fact that my school almost lost me my first away rotation) and that my first EM rotation was August to September (too late for AOA and pretty much too late for ACGME when it's generating my first EM SLOR).

That said, I still think most people who applied matched into EM. However it's very much still at that tipping point.

JPINFV

Gadfly
What department are you going to be in? I'll be doing some medic shifts there

Not sure yet what my schedule is going to be. Probably EM is going to be one of my first or second months since the program is going to try to get me in there earlier than later.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Not sure yet what my schedule is going to be. Probably EM is going to be one of my first or second months since the program is going to try to get me in there earlier than later.

Ahh ok. We start the middle of next month. OR, Burn unit, and OB at ARMC

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
18" of snow forecast for my district. Perfectly coincides with my 60 hour straight shift. Yay.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
18" of snow forecast for my district. Perfectly coincides with my 60 hour straight shift. Yay.

Now that sucks. If you get the chance get a face shot for me.

I think the madre, the pup and I are gonna be driving out to D-Town this summer once I'm outta the skin and have a little more use of my arm. Might have to come check out the operation if you're down.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yay for slow weeks. Only 24 calls since Monday morning :) WAnna get home and have a beer

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Now that sucks. If you get the chance get a face shot for me.

I think the madre, the pup and I are gonna be driving out to D-Town this summer once I'm outta the skin and have a little more use of my arm. Might have to come check out the operation if you're down.

Of course. We're about 90 minutes from Denver. Or three hours today.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yay for slow weeks. Only 24 calls since Monday morning :) WAnna get home and have a beer

So since you work for 7 days at a time does that authorize 7 beers when you get home?

:beerchug:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Well then... Took my bike to work or it's first long jot.
Go to leave... And my license plate is gone... Really now..

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
So since you work for 7 days at a time does that authorize 7 beers when you get home?

I do believe in the "one shift, one bottle" rule...but I've never understood why people limit themselves to beer...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

I would say at least 14, need two for each night lol :p But I might settle for 12, just for ease of buying. Now, the hardest question... What to buy? Something nice and dark? Or slightly lighter and refreshing (aka black lager)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I would say at least 14, need two for each night lol :p But I might settle for 12, just for ease of buying. Now, the hardest question... What to buy? Something nice and dark? Or slightly lighter and refreshing (aka black lager)

I like your style. I was gonna say I do two per day worked but didn't want to peg myself as the sole forum alky.

I'd go 12er of lighter and refreshing and a nice 24 ozer of something nice and dark. Solves your ease-of-purchase problem and allows for both styles.

:usa:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Well, lost my trauma shears tonight. They had a good long life (3 years!!).

RIP, loyal black nitride coated shears from Allied Medical. You served me well. May your spirit live on deep in the bunker pants of whatever firefighter scarfed you up on scene.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Well, lost my trauma shears tonight. They had a good long life (3 years!!).

RIP, loyal black nitride coated shears from Allied Medical. You served me well. May your spirit live on deep in the bunker pants of whatever firefighter scarfed you up on scene.

Find him and take him. Not the shears, the firefigher.

I have and will continue to go to great lengths to get my shears back. We have a connection dontyaknow.

Also my 60 hour shift is now 82 hours. I'm 39 hours into it and losing my mind. I don't understand how you can do this all the time TJ!