the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Am I the only one wondering where the floormat came in?

Made getting over the eight foot pointy fence quite a bit less painful. No pants damage either!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Got punched in the face by a "dead" guy, nearly had to throw down with a belligerent drunk, got called an insensitive :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: (rephrased for the mods) at a DOA, and had to wrestle down another drunk to keep him from making his (at the time less than serious and controlled) stab wound much worse. Yesterday was an interesting shift...

MrJones

Iconoclast
rezara6y.jpg

And, somewhere, the heads of an entire IT department have exploded.

:D

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Hey, Toughbooks are spill proof.

(I was actually parked. The coffee and the 'scope were jut there for the photo op.)

Anjel

Forum Angel
Oh man I thought one if the basics were going to lose their mind when I refused to backboard a lady who tripped and broke her nose.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm tired of being held over because one of the other supervisors is having really bad morning sickness

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Supposed to be around 70 degrees on Christmas. That sounds like a perfect Christmas to me. No one really needs a white Christmas

Am I the only one wondering where the floormat came in?

Am I the only one wondering what's in his personal bag that he takes on the ambulance?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Am I the only one wondering what's in his personal bag that he takes on the ambulance?
Oh ya, know just the norm. A few lockpicks, set of jimmies (probably a few pairs of jimmies, too), the typical.

Another note: Christmas presents to myself. $127 out the door for Dunhill Desire Blue, Polo Green and Calvin Klein Euphoria (hell of a deal, last time I bought Dunhill Desire Blue it was $65 by itself, Polo was $70 last time I bought it). I'm disappointed in the Euphoria so far, though. Sprayed it a hour ago and can't smell it all anymore. Wasn't worth the $40 I spent on it...

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
It's a scotch kind of night.

On a related note, I unintentionally discovered today that my rott loves Shiner Bock... He found an unopened can outside and proceeded to empty said can. When I got outside he seemed quite content and begging for the can out of reach... Hopefully I didn't just make my dog an alcoholic :lol:

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
It's a scotch kind of night.

On a related note, I unintentionally discovered today that my rott loves Shiner Bock... He found an unopened can outside and proceeded to empty said can. When I got outside he seemed quite content and begging for the can out of reach... Hopefully I didn't just make my dog an alcoholic :lol:

Loving shiner does not (by itself) make an alcoholic. Shiner is delicious.

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
If you haven't seen it before..

"How to get Immediate Care in the ER"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySJUCJnsqbQ

Wow. While I definitely think people should be educated about their health and when the should/should not seek help, this video made me a little nauseous. Seriously? Pretend you know the CEO of the hospital?

And what's the deal with the whole "I'm deteriorating" bit? How about a video about not being such an arse and waiting patiently in a queue? Fortunately I think most nurses working triage are pretty wise to this kind of nonsense.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Dude. Just about got run off the road by a vollie FF in their POV on my way home from breakfast. They're not allowed to have lights or sirens on their POV, so the guy came screeching across from the left side of the intersection with some stupid strobe light flashing inside his windshield, flashing his brights, and with his flashers on. Clearly the same as a marked emergency vehicle responding with due regard. You may ask, as I did, what kind of calamity necessitated that kind of lead footed response. Fortunately I can look up current county calls at home and I have an answer! This brave hero risked his life and the lives of other motorists this morning as he rushed to the heart pounding scene of an automatic fire alarm. Rest easy citizens. Help is on the way :rolleyes:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Fire cop was about 5 seconds before the whacker. They are always first on scene after all. He too had his 360 degrees of blue light fury activated.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Fire Police. Usually an old guy, too old to fight fires. Fire Police direct traffic and control access at fire scenes. They light up their POV with strobes, flashers, arrow sticks and all kinds of decals. They shut down roads here at the drop of a hat. And because fire cops are usually old retired guys, they make it out before fire apparatus.

Last edited by a moderator: