the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Haha, I could have given 10 of Versed and then encouraging thoughts. I suppose on scene I could take my partner's Versed as well or intercept another unit en-route to the hospital.

That was my entire stock of benzos lol. Anymore than that and I would've been in trouble.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Haha, I could have given 10 of Versed and then encouraging thoughts. I suppose on scene I could take my partner's Versed as well or intercept another unit en-route to the hospital.

"Doc she got a total of 10 mg midazolam IVP then some encouraging thoughts finished her off."

Side note...check a BGL before intubating. Fire couldn't understand why I wanted to, even though they'd already been balls deep in her airway with a miller blade an 7.5 ETT and missed.

Then they got even more confused myself and he flight crew corrected the hypoglycemia, gave a touch of Narcan, pulled the BVM and used an NRB + OPA combination. Albeit she got intubated anyways a few minutes later.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I should have known I was gonna have to pay for getting to post at the beach this morning. It wasn't so much that the guy called 911 for a nosebleed. No, what made my heart sink like a stone is when I heard the hospital he was requesting was the level 1 trauma center for the region. To be fair that is his normal go get a checkup hospital, but still a nosebleed there? We pulled in an hour before end of shift, and finally cleared an hour after end of shift.

Anjel

Forum Angel
My shift started 8 minutes early with a cardiac arrest. Went very smooth though. We ended up calling it after 25 minutes. It was weird. The room was seriously 100 degrees so the guy was warm. But his jaw was clenched and he had what looked like lavidity on his stomach, but no one could agree if if was or not so we decided to due our 25 minutes. Asystole the entire time.

I have a feeling I'm gonna be in trouble though. My partner gave narcan and bicarb. But it was my call so that's gonna come down on me.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I should have known I was gonna have to pay for getting to post at the beach this morning. It wasn't so much that the guy called 911 for a nosebleed. No, what made my heart sink like a stone is when I heard the hospital he was requesting was the level 1 trauma center for the region. To be fair that is his normal go get a checkup hospital, but still a nosebleed there? We pulled in an hour before end of shift, and finally cleared an hour after end of shift.

It's not like they don't see their share of crap too just because they're a level 1. Plenty of beds to go around (and seats in triage).

I brought more BS to Boston Medical Center (largest ED north of NYC) than anywhere else in Boston, just a product of location really.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Reading through our new 2014 policies, if AMR is responding and will be transporting the patient, we will now have ultimate authority for on-scene care and management.

25 Medical Management and Patient Care
26 1. The highest level of REMSA authorized transport personnel at scene (EMT, AEMT, or PM) are responsible for the
27 medical management of an individual from patient contact / accepting the transfer of care until transferring care
28 to an EMS provider of an equal or higher REMSA authorized level, or arriving at an authorized receiving center.

http://remsa.us/policy/2014/3202d.pdf

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Yay...
I passed my Hose Drager I class... It's gonna be nice to have social life again until rescue classes in the spring.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Just found out I start clinical hours soon! Excited... and I have no idea what to expect.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I've changed in to my spare uniform and am debating burning the one I was wearing :/

Burn it and anything else that had contact with them.

Bedbugs crank out 200 eggs at a sitting. All they have to do is sit in your clothes a couple of minutes and then walk away leaving you a houseful of worries.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
A Fib w/ WPW you sneaky :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:. 200s ain't no thanggggg

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Just got unofficial word from one of the ERs I applied at as a medic. I have a new job ;) just waiting for hr to send me stuff.

Congrats!

Been a seizure day for us. Three seizures. The last one got twenty of Valium and ten of versed before the seizure was under control. I wish I had Ativan.

If it took 20 of diazepam and 10 of midazolam to terminate the seizure, then you probably wouldn't carry enough lorazepam to make a difference. I'm pretty sure none of the benzos have even been shown superior over the others at terminating seizures.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Burn it and anything else that had contact with them.

Bedbugs crank out 200 eggs at a sitting. All they have to do is sit in your clothes a couple of minutes and then walk away leaving you a houseful of worries.

The uniform is nomex. Good luck burning it.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Congrats!

If it took 20 of diazepam and 10 of midazolam to terminate the seizure, then you probably wouldn't carry enough lorazepam to make a difference. I'm pretty sure none of the benzos have even been shown superior over the others at terminating seizures.

Thank you :) And you probably have a good point. Just a lot of the docs here seem to believe Ativan has magical seizure ending properties. I would have liked to give it a try.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Thank you :) And you probably have a good point. Just a lot of the docs here seem to believe Ativan has magical seizure ending properties. I would have liked to give it a try.

They only use Ativan in the ERs here. Never figured out why. Availability maybe?

Hands down best snapchat I've ever gotten:

7emy8esy.jpg

Also, my respiratory arrest from yesterday is A&O, extubated and neurologically intact in the ICU :) feels good to get something right for once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
zuje3eje.jpg

Yay Michigan lol

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Well... Just gave my boss my notice that I'm stepping down as supervisor and dropping to part time... She's very not happy, but I can't turn down a $2/hr pay raise, better benefits, and possibility (very real possibility) of picking up PRN fixed wing shifts at the flight service this hospital runs... Trying very hard not to burn the bridge to the Evil Empire

PotatoMedic

Congrats on getting the hospital gig! And the possible PRN flight gigs!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Ugh. The only good thing about being sick is not having to feel bad about taking NyQuil and going into a comatose state for 14 hours. I seriously wonder why it has such an effect on me.

PotatoMedic

Stop wondering and just enjoy the bliss!