the 100% directionless thread

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
ja9e6yje.jpg

An ambulance can never have enough lights
You're right. It needs 2x the lights it has now!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
This picture is worthless during daylight. I do really want to see a nighttime pic of it though...

Quoted for truth!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
And for the fourth straight week that magical 100 hours of pay mark has been reached.

Except this time it's 10 below and the wind is up, it may take an act of god to get me out of bed and into the truck.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I will get one either tomorrow or Saturday. We still have to add some stuff (we are turning it into a reindeer.

That'd never fly here. I wore a Santa hat and made my Intermediate wear an Elf hat on Christmas last year and almost got written up...

In other news...this bad girl is coming out to play this weekend in some freshies!!!!

ry3y9uty.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
It was an issue on more than the 3.4, ha. I had to do the intake manifold gaskets on both of my 3.8's (one GTP, one base Firebird, both '98s). The Firebird's blew at 40k miles and the GTPs at 160.
Cruze's are nice. Really nice considering the price point. I'm excited about the new diesels (can you tell I like diesels?).
I haven't driven a Sonic, but my current girlfriend's family has 3 of them. One for the brother, one for her, and one for her mom. All of them seem pretty nice, considering the pricing is pretty low. The back seats were always too tiny for me, though. Those were all hatches, but I don't think there's a lot of difference in the sedan.
I'd be more apt to compare the Cruze to the Fusion, rather than the Sonic/ Fusion, but they still are nice. IMO, the interior in the Sonic is kinda... lacking... though.

Yeah the sonic is pretty much interior by playskool otoh I'd kill for a diesel cruise but yano I'm a broke *** paramedic student

So I figure if he wants cheap and reliable sonic, if he wants cost effective yet comfy and reliable "roll your windows down & Cruze"

the gasket material and dexcool was a disaster the 2.2,3.4,3.8,4.3 and 5.7 were all victims there was actually a lawsuit against GM that permitted customers 700 dollar reimbursement for any costs paid for replacement you had to meet the criteria
I paid off my '08 F150 in August...and got a 2005 Kia Spectra for cheap.

Haven't taken the F150 more than a hundred miles since August. The Kia, on the other hand, is a trooper. 30mpg, runs well, and has more 'standard' features than most mid-level domestic trims.

FWIW, it's going to be very hard to get me back to domestic cars, trucks notwithstanding. The new Fusions and Focuses are great rides, but they're pretty darned pricey; the Fiestas and Sonics are 'alright', but a bit lacking in size.

Kia and Hyandai (siblings), Subaru and Nissan are solid cars and are generally 'better' purchases. I have yet to be disappointed by either my Spectra or my wife's Sportage. (BTW, the Sportage is a fantastic and sharp-looking crossover).

Subaru is a great ride kinda costly, that tastes horrible coming out of a die hard Chevy guys mouth
ja9e6yje.jpg

An ambulance can never have enough lights

You need to get this at night lit up

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That'd never fly here. I wore a Santa hat and made my Intermediate wear an Elf hat on Christmas last year and almost got written up...

In other news...this bad girl is coming out to play this weekend in some freshies!!!!

ry3y9uty.jpg

It's for a Christmas parade put on by the city. Our boss didn't really like the plan at first but now he is on board with it and helping us.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Didn't work
Edit: Ahh, gotcha. Read one of the first few comments regarding Florida on it... ha.
Edit again: Or that comment could've disappeared... It regarded nuking Florida.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Picture updated. If it's weird or sickening news, there's a good chance it's from Florida.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
11 calls in 12 hours yesterday With 7 transports blehhh.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Just got a call saying I'm accepted. I'll be starting my bachelors degree completion in January. This next year is going to be busy.

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
I've never had a bigger urge to grab a radio and remind some people who is really in charge.