the 100% directionless thread

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I know I shouldn't laugh at this, but a guy I know went to finish his sleeve today and he fell asleep during it. Artist took it upon himself to draw a face in the moon that was in the sleeve already, that strongly resembles Jack from a Nightmare before Christmas.
So jacked up, but it's so damn funny. Well, not to him, but to me :rofl:
Edit: About mid arm, right above the elbow (I'd really feel like a nerd if I called it the antecubital fossa, but...)
nELZHJ6.jpg

I would be beyond furious at this kind of nonsense. A funny practical joke would be a Henna tattoo or something and telling him it's permanent. A real indelible mark he didn't ask for? Guy seems like a complete jerk. How does one fall asleep during a tattoo anyway?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I would be beyond furious at this kind of nonsense. A funny practical joke would be a Henna tattoo or something and telling him it's permanent. A real indelible mark he didn't ask for? Guy seems like a complete jerk. How does one fall asleep during a tattoo anyway?
A lot of people do. I went with my cousin for his first one (that took up his whole side) and he fell asleep.

He says he's not mad, but he turned around and said "I wanted to say something, but he's so damn big".
So, obviously he doesn't care for it too much :rolleyes:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Never gotten all the way asleep but have gotten about as close as you can get without actually being asleep and stayed there for a long while during my back touch up

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Never gotten all the way asleep but have gotten about as close as you can get without actually being asleep and stayed there for a long while during my back touch up
I'm hoping I do, but I want my first one to be the traditional PJ one after graduation, so I've still got them a few years off. I want that first one to be those green feet on my *** :rofl:
After that I already have the drawings for my whole torso, just a matter of money, then. haha

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Just went into the single most disgusting house I've ever seen. We were warned by another crew last week that this residence had really deteriorated, but it was hard to imagine. Diabetic wake-up in a dark corner of a bedroom without electricity of course, and the single worst roach and bedbug infestation I have ever seen. I mean, I've seen urban infestations. I know what bad is, but this needs a new word. Damn things were dropping from the ceiling all around us. After cleaning ourselves as best as we could and returning to the station, we found roach parts on our truck seats. I've changed in to my spare uniform and am debating burning the one I was wearing :/

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
Ugh, I feel ya. We had a patient with mad body lice today and I've been itching ever since. I don't have bugs, but the thought… Ugh.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just went into the single most disgusting house I've ever seen. We were warned by another crew last week that this residence had really deteriorated, but it was hard to imagine. Diabetic wake-up in a dark corner of a bedroom without electricity of course, and the single worst roach and bedbug infestation I have ever seen. I mean, I've seen urban infestations. I know what bad is, but this needs a new word. Damn things were dropping from the ceiling all around us. After cleaning ourselves as best as we could and returning to the station, we found roach parts on our truck seats. I've changed in to my spare uniform and am debating burning the one I was wearing :/

That's foul.

I'd have put my Tyvex suit on.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
My first official shift in EMS, and tonight I've already cardioverted one patient, hung amio on another, and gave a nice little cocktail to a pedi asthmatic. About bloody time. :D

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My first official shift in EMS, and tonight I've already cardioverted one patient, hung amio on another, and gave a nice little cocktail to a pedi asthmatic. About bloody time. :D

I don't wanna hear it! Haha

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just got unofficial word from one of the ERs I applied at as a medic. I have a new job ;) just waiting for hr to send me stuff.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
When you're in a fire department based EMS system, it's usually not a good thing when your fire dispatch radio decides to not work

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
It's ALS day today.

Chest pain, multiple syncopals, missed three dialysis appointments and then just flew a respiratory arrest from the middle of nowhere. Woulda gone by ground but we needed RSI drugs :(

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief

No way, man that is the most unprofessional thing ever, I would have grabbed his gun and tattooed a big Male member part on his forehead if he wouldve screwed with my tat

Just got unofficial word from one of the ERs I applied at as a medic. I have a new job ;) just waiting for hr to send me stuff.

Congrats Dude

Monday Night Football.

Big game tonight.

GO HAWKS!

I know I want to see the Hawks finally do it. Even though I'm a KC fan

OTOH I just came home to water all over the laundry room.... Having a water heater party,, Anyone want to join??

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
And a fire standby... What is going on today?!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Been a seizure day for us. Three seizures. The last one got twenty of Valium and ten of versed before the seizure was under control. I wish I had Ativan.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Been a seizure day for us. Three seizures. The last one got twenty of Valium and ten of versed before the seizure was under control. I wish I had Ativan.

Haha, I could have given 10 of Versed and then encouraging thoughts. I suppose on scene I could take my partner's Versed as well or intercept another unit en-route to the hospital.