the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Figures. I was hoping I could pickup a shift tonight.... Nothing :(

If you were a medic I would say pick up my medic shift for the next 4 weeks. My medic is out for surgery.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You know it's a busy day when you have a helicopter on the roof of the hospital dropping off a trauma patient and then another helicopter flying in circles/hovering waiting for the first helicopter to leave.

There was 4 at the trauma center here the other day. So ridiculous. Both roof pads, the ground pad and one in the park across the street.

Stupid gale force winds and avalanche warnings ruined my playtime in the snow :(

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
There was 4 at the trauma center here the other day. So ridiculous. Both roof pads, the ground pad and one in the park across the street.

Stupid gale force winds and avalanche warnings ruined my playtime in the snow :(

Our trauma center has one roof pad and that's all. No parks close buy. Streets aren't big enough to land on.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Our trauma center has one roof pad and that's all. No parks close buy. Streets aren't big enough to land on.

I guess there's a picture of two in the park and all three pads full from the air, haven't seen it though. There used to be only the ground pad and the park was just luckily across the street then they did a huge remodel and put the two new pads on the roof. It's pretty cool up there.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Good grief! Are you all the main trauma hospital? With a single pad, eh?

The two main trauma centers down here can each handle two or three at a time on the pad. At one center, there it's also a grass pad that could probably handle another three. And you could land as many birds as you want on the street outside the other.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Good grief! Are you all the main trauma hospital? With a single pad, eh?

The two main trauma centers down here can each handle two or three at a time on the pad. At one center, there it's also a grass pad that could probably handle another three. And you could land as many birds as you want on the street outside the other.

We are a level 2 trauma center with the next trauma center (level 1) being 60 miles away. I believe they only have 1 helipad possibly 2.

We are also the closest trauma center for 3 of the USA biggest dirt bike and off road parks.

JPINFV

Gadfly
The hospital I'm doing most of my rotations at is a level 2 with 2 helipads (1 with lights) and plenty of room to land 2 more if they really need to (the helipad area is huge).

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Our small community hospital has a bigger helipad then our trauma center. It's pretty bad.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
LOL at the scanner just now.

PD being dispatched to the hospital for "a cold cat fight"

:rofl:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
As far as I know, our trauma center only has one helipad as well. I'll have to look more closely next time I'm there.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Anybody watching Van wilder?:unsure:

Btw

Not sure if this is against the rules to post this but saw this on facebook

C19A8152-5053-4EA3-BD96-A2A7ED30E4BC-1329-0000009955965663.jpg

If its bad ill take it down :unsure:

Anjel

Forum Angel
2 CPRs in 2 shifts. Not how I wanted my holiday weekend on to go.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Allergic to something all the sudden and now I've got hives everywhere. Only have a single, expired benadryl. Oh well, it's only me and I will not be sleeping without it.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Torrential rain, Christmas eve traffic, night approaching, boiling hot and muggy beyond belief, working with another female officer.

Ambulance Mt Wellington 2 responding ... Bring it on!

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
First job of the night, road crash, the pump rescue not far behind so I imagine somebody is trapped ...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
2 CPRs in 2 shifts. Not how I wanted my holiday weekend on to go.

:( No good. Let me know if you wanna chat about anything!

First job of the night, road crash, the pump rescue not far behind so I imagine somebody is trapped ...

We had a couple cut jobs here this weekend. I still have yet to work an accident that involves more than a couple minutes with a pry bar and maybe a sledge hammer.

This whole trying to flip flop from working nights to being awake on weekend days is driving me bonkers. Oh well, partly sunny skies, decent temps and 48" of fresh snow is waiting for me and there's a 160 hp sitting on the trailer ready to go in a couple hours :D Hopefully the wind stays calmer than they say it will.

Anjel

Forum Angel
:( No good. Let me know if you wanna chat about anything!

Ya make that 3 arrests. :-(

And someone stole our jump bag out of the truck while we were on scene.

Last edited by a moderator: