the 100% directionless thread

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've heard the inauguration will be a definite deployment. I'm going to go to that one

I really hope I can get on it. If not, I'll probably come down anyway and run with my DC Metro Vollie company. EMTLife get together! I'll buy the first round!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We are leaving 75 taxi cabs.... I mean ambulances in NY that are all restocked for the inauguration.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Done with inpatient family med and was rewarded with a cardiac arrest save.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Passed my FDNY medical evaluation.

Physical agility test on Tuesday and then academy in Jan.

Can't wait.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Done with inpatient family med and was rewarded with a cardiac arrest save.

A really save? Because you know it's not a really save if they have deficits. You should offer them dead instead if burdening the family and all of the financial burdens. Why do we even work cardiac arrests. Did you give EPI? It doesn't work.

/Troll

JPINFV

Gadfly
A really save? Because you know it's not a really save if they have deficits. You should offer them dead instead if burdening the family and all of the financial burdens. Why do we even work cardiac arrests. Did you give EPI? It doesn't work.

/Troll

Meh, I was just the gopher and compressor, but it's a team effort. However, not only was epi given, they lost the IV and couldn't snag the IO so we ended up with ET epi.

Considering that after ROSC the patient was already opening her eyes and turning her head, I don't think there's going to be much deficit if any.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Meh, I was just the gopher and compressor, but it's a team effort. However, not only was epi given, they lost the IV and couldn't snag the IO so we ended up with ET epi.

Considering that after ROSC the patient was already opening her eyes and turning her head, I don't think there's going to be much deficit if any.

All kidding aside. Good job.

I was jut giving you a hard time.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We decided to make a duct tape and cardboard shark fin and place it on top of a golf cart. When we pick someone to demobilize we circle them and then strike haha. We are all out of our minds :rofl:

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
We decided to make a duct tape and cardboard shark fin and place it on top of a golf cart. When we pick someone to demobilize we circle them and then strike haha. We are all out of our minds :rofl:

I hope you had speakers playing the "jaws" music

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Currently Twinkie hunting.

$70 worth of twinkies in the trunk so far.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I'm trying to take it easy, but I'm out of pto... so I'm stuck at work. I know i did wake up this morning with the headache from hell

When I had my concussion they would not let me back to work until I took a mandatory week off and was cleared by a physician. I had headaches/dizziness that lasted a month.

Good call on stocking up on Twinkies! They will be a collectors item. I may need to stock a few in my bug out bag

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
When I had my concussion they would not let me back to work until I took a mandatory week off and was cleared by a physician. I had headaches/dizziness that lasted a month.

Good call on stocking up on Twinkies! They will be a collectors item. I may need to stock a few in my bug out bag

Umm yea... work doesn't know this since i refused transport to the hospital last night. I was able to sleep the first four hours of shift though

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Rumor is that FEMA demobilized all of our units at Floyd Bennett. We are leaving 40 units in Nassau (sp?) county for a little longer. We are also leaving 75 units somewhere in the state (just the units no personnel) in case we have to deploy to the presidential inauguration.

If this is true then I will be home in under 24 hours.

I've heard the inauguration will be a definite deployment. I'm going to go to that one

I would go, but my shop doesnt offer deployment opportunities for full time. Now we have at least 5 pert timers that dont have another job, so they get to go

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I would go, but my shop doesnt offer deployment opportunities for full time. Now we have at least 5 pert timers that dont have another job, so they get to go

I'm one of two people at my operation certified for DRT. And i meant to put that I'm hoping to go, not going to go. Stupid Swype

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm one of two people at my operation certified for DRT. And i meant to put that I'm hoping to go, not going to go. Stupid Swype

Our certification requirements are 1. You work at the company for 6+ months. 2: you filled out the paperwork. 3: you say you are available for the month.

All 4 people from my division are full time employees (1 EMT, 1 medic, 2 operations supervisors).