the 100% directionless thread

8jimi8

CFRN
I'm starting to freak out about applying for jobs in the next month or two. I can't decide if I should keep trying for an ICU job as a new grad which probably won't happen or just taking a Med/surg job, or joining the military.

Don't go med surg. ICUs hire new grads all the time. I started out in ICU. I took a stepdown job to get my foot in the door at a level 1. All I learned was how horrible non critical care nursing is. Don't settle.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm not sure I can make it through the day without having a CVA.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I'm assuming you flew, so I mustache you a question that I've wondered from time to time. When you fly to a country around the world, does the plane go east over the Atlantic or west over the pacific?

From NZ it's quicker to get to Boston by flying to Los Angeles first. Gave me a nice excuse to hit the beach and get really burned and to observe the large packs of job seeking EMT-Bs roaming the county seeking work :rofl:.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
From NZ it's quicker to get to Boston by flying to Los Angeles first. Gave me a nice excuse to hit the beach and get really burned and to observe the large packs of job seeking EMT-Bs roaming the county seeking work :rofl:.

Yeah I hear the poor things have gone all feral and will snap and snarl if you make too sudden a move around them :)

Anjel

Forum Angel
Bachelorette Party tonight!

g1339306171370961355.jpg

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Fired off an email to my medical director highlighting deficient patient care by our local FD on a fatality wreck last month, where it essentially turned in to a pissing match between FD and EMS to get even the simplest of things done for an unconscious, agonal patient for 40 minutes during extrication, where they refused to let us anywhere near the patient, refused to bag them via BVM, and didn't even do a c-collar until after the patient was removed.

JPINFV

Gadfly
My "wait, what did I just say moment" from yesterday. While dictating a note, "The patient denies a history of schizophrenia, psychic consultations, or medications.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Guess who has a birthday coming up!!
On Wednesday!!

My son! We had his party last night, and he had a blast. He thought his cake was totally awesome too!

Attachments

• cake02.jpg
    cake02.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 195

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
My "wait, what did I just say moment" from yesterday. While dictating a note, "The patient denies a history of schizophrenia, psychic consultations, or medications.

I thought that was hillarious. I'm going to include it in my psych questioning from now on.

It's a very telling detail.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I wish the nurse would have called me before putting her patient on a TENS unit ...I thought their pacemaker was flipping out :rolleyes:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I thought you were already EMS???

I'm on the fire side at SA. All my other jobs are EMS ;) I still get to play, though. I'm at the busiest station in the city, and my station is one of the few "full ALS" stations. So I get to have my fun, then let EMS transport :D

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm on the fire side at SA. All my other jobs are EMS ;) I still get to play, though. I'm at the busiest station in the city, and my station is one of the few "full ALS" stations. So I get to have my fun, then let EMS transport :D

Makes sense. I thought you were already EMS division.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I fink you freaky and I like you a lot.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
:unsure: ....

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Wow...

So that's why MedicNick hasn't been on lately :ph34r: