the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Note to self: When a relationship is new, even if a girl is in to working out... don't ask about how it's going.

:unsure:

Learned my lesson...

Workout with her! My gf and I's second date was a 4mi run :D She told me that's when she knew I was a keeper :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
And during my unit inspection this morning I found combitubes and an intubation kit with tubes. Looks like my BLS unit has an extended scope of practice haha

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
I made a rage comic reflecting a rage on the way home this morning.

In rush hour, if you are first at a set of lights, it's your duty to stare at the light until it goes green then take off straight away :glare::glare: rather than waiting 10 seconds, realising its green then making 10 other cars miss the light change and wait another 5 minutes

46cc21b5-5484-42a6-bc50-83c373d7fa53.png

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Did she say that before or after she beat you to the finish line... :p

No sir, running is MY specialty ;)

Unfortunately, her specialty is Muay Thai... Hers is much more painful when I lose :(

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
A new spin on domestic violence...

"We work our disputes out... in the octagon!

She would destroy me :( Theres nowhere to run away!!

On a different note... JP, what's the average age in your class?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
So 29-30 isn't really out of the norm. Thank you, kind sir.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
It definitely wouldn't be that late. Initially the thought was PA, but the main reason was age. Now that I think about it, I've got guys starting their careers in my FD that are 34. Finishing MS at 32-33 doesn't seem too crazy... I've got some more debating to do... *sigh*

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
It definitely wouldn't be that late. Initially the thought was PA, but the main reason was age. Now that I think about it, I've got guys starting their careers in my FD that are 34. Finishing MS at 32-33 doesn't seem too crazy... I've got some more debating to do... *sigh*

Thinking of med school sir?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Oh yes. It will definitely be either PA or med school. No career medic for this guy. Need to get some more shadowing done before I make my decision, though. Been talking to some medical students and residents lately that have been really swaying me to the MD route.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
You couldn't pay me to go to medical school. There's one PhD program I really like but the director of the section I would be working in is the director of the MD/PhD program at the affiliated medical school and everytime I have talked to her she tries to recruit me for that program. I don't think she realizes how much I have burned out on clinical medicine as a day to day thing and four years of hell (especially the two years of rotations heavily oriented towards things I don't give a :censored::censored::censored::censored: about) isn't worth it, not to mention the three years of pathology residency and the forensic pathology fellowship that I would have to pursue to make my MD worth something. No thank you.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Note to self: When a relationship is new, even if a girl is in to working out... don't ask about how it's going.

:unsure:

Learned my lesson...

Smooth

medic417

The Truth Provider
Workout with her! My gf and I's second date was a 4mi run :D She told me that's when she knew I was a keeper :p

Are you sure she wasn't telling the police to keep the stranger that was chasing her?:unsure:

Rettsani

Forum Captain
Oh God ..
I think there comes a heavy storm ....
Since everything is flying around outside my window ..... possible :unsure:

JPINFV

Gadfly
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VqQAf74fsE[/youtube]

Sasha

Forum Chief
Taco Wednesday!