Shady Companies In LA City

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
For the number of "girlfriend's brother's cousin's dog's kennel owner's neighbor's" who have been sued or lost their cert...in 10 years I've met no one who's unfairly lost their cert, and less than 10 who have been sued, successfully or not.

LonghornMedic

Forum Lieutenant
For the number of "girlfriend's brother's cousin's dog's kennel owner's neighbor's" who have been sued or lost their cert...in 10 years I've met no one who's unfairly lost their cert, and less than 10 who have been sued, successfully or not.

Exactly! I know a couple guys who lost their certs. One gave the wrong med and didn't own up to it. Had he admitted he did it and reported it, there would have been no problem. But he lied to cover it up and lied to the health board who revoked his license. The second person had a drug problem and was given a second AND third chance and still continued to have dirty UA's after rehab and the licensing authority revoked at the employer's request.

As far as lawsuits, I have been at this for almost 10 years, in busy systems with lots of employees, and have yet to see anyone sued. No one. Zip. Zero. You have to really screw up and I mean BADLY screw up to get sued. It is really hard for an attorney to go after pre-hospital providers because of their limited scope and training. As long as you follow your protocols, you will be fine. Not to mention there isn't a whole lot of money in suing an EMT or Paramedic or even their employers. The money for lawyers is in going after doctors and hospitals.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
lolwut.jpg

<not a hijack>

Why does that pear have teeth? That creeps Brown the frunk out! Srsly :unsure:

</not a hijack>

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Missing Stickers, Missing Equipment, Run Down Rigs...

i dont know how half of the Rigs that are in service at least for our company are able to pass CHP/DOT Certifications...

as well as Medic417 mentioned the Amount of Medi/Medi Fraud...

it seems like there are quite a few companies in LA City that are run by Foreigners who want a quick buck from Medi/Medi.... and dont really give a damn about how they run the Company (or lack of running)

Foreigners or not... That's not even relevant. Even the ones that ran by EMS lifers... Or EMS experienced owners they're just as bad or even worse...

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
No working air condition...ye that is a crime :lol: Also missing rear left hub cap, omg that totally going to kill the car:lol:

How are they defrauding medicare/medicaid? Are they creating runs that never happened, write reports on them and fake emt signature on the report? A bit more details would be nice.

Your grammar is no better than a 5th grader's.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Exactly! I know a couple guys who lost their certs. One gave the wrong med and didn't own up to it. Had he admitted he did it and reported it, there would have been no problem. But he lied to cover it up and lied to the health board who revoked his license. The second person had a drug problem and was given a second AND third chance and still continued to have dirty UA's after rehab and the licensing authority revoked at the employer's request.

As far as lawsuits, I have been at this for almost 10 years, in busy systems with lots of employees, and have yet to see anyone sued. No one. Zip. Zero. You have to really screw up and I mean BADLY screw up to get sued. It is really hard for an attorney to go after pre-hospital providers because of their limited scope and training. As long as you follow your protocols, you will be fine. Not to mention there isn't a whole lot of money in suing an EMT or Paramedic or even their employers. The money for lawyers is in going after doctors and hospitals.

Shady

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397215314397.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397215314397.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 364

Tired of the fools

Forum Ride Along
Gcti

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about GCTI. I have heard they have cut back to almost nothing as far as units on the street. Anyone hear anything about this company?

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Shady Ambulance Company=

a company that makes some sort of profit but does not show it in the quality of the company

a company that endulges in shady business practices Such as (but not limited to): Taking patients who can be transported in Wheelchair vans in an ambulance, marking patients as non ambulatory when they actually are. using rigs that shouldnt be on the road, not properly maintaining rigs. forging signatures of Nurses

Examples of those Companies: GCTI Inc., Elite Ambulance, ProCare, ProMed, Ambuline ambulance, Shoreline(they are in OC, but they operate in LA City), Ambuserve, Royalty Ambulance, Enova, Gentle Care Ambulance, Gentle Ride Ambulance, Medi-star Transport, AMT, Aegeis, Mauran, etc etc..

Don't hate the player hate the game...Hey everyone has to get a piece of that pie... And to be quite honest everything is about money bro. And everyone is shady to an extent and its all politics bro. Its all about who's getting a bigger piece of the pie. Don't be naive money makes the world go round. I don't blame the ambulance crooks its easy money. Look at the fire depts they want to offer EMS services for their own self preservation more funds funneled their way... Money Money Money.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Don't hate the player hate the game...Hey everyone has to get a piece of that pie... And to be quite honest everything is about money bro. And everyone is shady to an extent and its all politics bro. Its all about who's getting a bigger piece of the pie. Don't be naive money makes the world go round. I don't blame the ambulance crooks its easy money. Look at the fire depts they want to offer EMS services for their own self preservation more funds funneled their way... Money Money Money.

Outright fraud is hard and those that do it , get caught. Questionable fraud is a bit easier but it's also dangerous. Yes it's all about money but it's also about staying in business. All of the cost such as gas, insurance, wages etc are going up and yet reimbursement rate is going down. At the end of the day people didn't start a company or buy one to make money. They got in to this business to make money and anyone that says otherwise is lying.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about GCTI. I have heard they have cut back to almost nothing as far as units on the street. Anyone hear anything about this company?

Same thing as all the others. Shady.
Russian/Armenian boss: "Bro I need to talk to you"

EMT: "Yea?"

Russian/Armenian boss: "Bro you put down the patient was walking (or that they were standing, sitting upright in a wheel chair) we need to change that Bro or we wont get paid by medicare and medical bro. Put down that they were weak and you had to lift them out of chair to gurney bro. You found them in bed bro. We wont get paid bro."

EMT: "Ok"

This conversation takes place daily at many Ambulance companys in L.A. when caught they place the company under somebody else and play puppet master or change names etc. Or hide get paid under the table or are labeld a "consultant"

Last edited by a moderator:

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Same thing as all the others. Shady.
Russian/Armenian boss: "Bro I need to talk to you"

EMT: "Yea?"

Russian/Armenian boss: "Bro you put down the patient was walking (or that they were standing, sitting upright in a wheel chair) we need to change that Bro or we wont get paid by medicare and medical bro. Put down that they were weak and you had to lift them out of chair to gurney bro. You found them in bed bro. We wont get paid bro."

EMT: "Ok"

This conversation takes place daily at many Ambulance companys in L.A. when caught they place the company under somebody else and play puppet master or change names etc. Or hide get paid under the table or are labeld a "consultant"

hahahahaha if you think that any competent EMT or any company management would risk getting shutdown and be prosecuted , you're kidding yourself.

terrible one

Always wandering
hahahahaha if you think that any competent EMT or any company management would risk getting shutdown and be prosecuted , you're kidding yourself.

I've had that conversation take place on more than one occasion when I listed the patient was standing/walking. We had a regular pt meet us down stairs of his apartment holding a suitcase after walking 3 flights of stairs. When I brought it up to sup/management I was told that he was too weak for a taxi. I guarantee it happens on a daily basis in LA with the smaller ambulance companies.

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
I've had that conversation take place on more than one occasion when I listed the patient was standing/walking. We had a regular pt meet us down stairs of his apartment holding a suitcase after walking 3 flights of stairs. When I brought it up to sup/management I was told that he was too weak for a taxi. I guarantee it happens on a daily basis in LA with the smaller ambulance companies.

It happens daily for sure ...the Scenario you just mentioned is exactly what its like I know from experience. That's just how LA is...its a fertile ground for this behavior

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief

If any emt knew where to report such instances such companys would not exsist. But than again this is how they work around it.

1) place management in question on "leave/termination" when smoke clears hire them back as an "advisor" or under the table.
2) start new company. Place family in charge such as a cousin or mother and be the puppet master.
3) Flee the country get new identity from ex: Azerbaijan and return. Start new company find outside source from another company offer more pay to reel them in. Remember money talks bull:censored::censored::censored::censored: walks.
4) Run within county areas DOT wont spot you.
5) Start in OC easy to get a license hire in new gullible emts cloak and dagger your way into LA city.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
If any emt knew where to report such instances such companys would not exsist. But than again this is how they work around it.

1) place management in question on "leave/termination" when smoke clears hire them back as an "advisor" or under the table.
2) start new company. Place family in charge such as a cousin or mother and be the puppet master.
3) Flee the country get new identity from ex: Azerbaijan and return. Start new company find outside source from another company offer more pay to reel them in. Remember money talks bull:censored::censored::censored::censored: walks.
4) Run within county areas DOT wont spot you.
5) Start in OC easy to get a license hire in new gullible emts cloak and dagger your way into LA city.

Until county required everyone to file for county license, I totally would have agree with you on most points but that is not the case anymore.

1) Medicare is not going to fall for that. They will hold owner responsible for fraud unless it's 1 or 2 case at most. Once you get in to hundred/thousand of case all bets are off. Unless owner can demonstrate that they were living in another state/country and had no contact management in the company ,they will for sure take the heat

2) Starting new company used to be the way to go when first one didn't have good reputation. Unfortunately getting back in to LA County is hard, you can't just stay out of LA and do work, you now must have county license before you can do any pick up here.

3) Ye you can fleet the country, get new identity but getting back in to legally is much harder. Not saying it's impossible but it's nearly impossible

4) See #2, unless you're operating like in Marina Del Rey or some other remote, small area the county will spot you.

5) See #2, not going to work unless you want to wait currently few years to get your hearing and get approved. Being the company wasn't in business prior to ordinance becoming the law, the company can't operate in the county until they are approved.

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Until county required everyone to file for county license, I totally would have agree with you on most points but that is not the case anymore.

1) Medicare is not going to fall for that. They will hold owner responsible for fraud unless it's 1 or 2 case at most. Once you get in to hundred/thousand of case all bets are off. Unless owner can demonstrate that they were living in another state/country and had no contact management in the company ,they will for sure take the heat

2) Starting new company used to be the way to go when first one didn't have good reputation. Unfortunately getting back in to LA County is hard, you can't just stay out of LA and do work, you now must have county license before you can do any pick up here.

3) Ye you can fleet the country, get new identity but getting back in to legally is much harder. Not saying it's impossible but it's nearly impossible

4) See #2, unless you're operating like in Marina Del Rey or some other remote, small area the county will spot you.

5) See #2, not going to work unless you want to wait currently few years to get your hearing and get approved. Being the company wasn't in business prior to ordinance becoming the law, the company can't operate in the county until they are approved.

Locker is right