Shady Companies In LA City

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Until law enforcement comes forward and says what the warrant was about, then everything is speculation.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah and you keep beng naive about the whole ambulance biz.....its not very common to see Feds and LAPD executing search warrants.... Obviously they had enough evidence to feel they could frag these guys.... By the way yes I do know... Just like when Alpha came crashing down ...and Mr Russ and the poor rancho medic that was altering the pcrs and everyone else that got hooked .... In LA that's just the way it is.

LAPD was really there for show. FBI always like to have local pd present. Also ambulance was interesting case, it was really the doing of one owner and manager and the other one just got swept up because he was ignorant once he because the owner. Alpha had amazing contracts and to this day i don't understand why they did fraud except greed got the best of them. Regarding GCTI, the warrant is currently sealed so any rumors that go around is that rumor. Also that is really needed to get a warrant is to have a current/former employee come forward and show some "evidence", as long their is even a chance of fraud FBI will go for it. According to news they were going through garage which tells me they were looking at previous period records. If evidence of wrong doing is there, they likely will get indited in the few weeks to months, depending how strong the evidence is.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
LAPD was really there for show. FBI always like to have local pd present. Also ambulance was interesting case, it was really the doing of one owner and manager and the other one just got swept up because he was ignorant once he because the owner. Alpha had amazing contracts and to this day i don't understand why they did fraud except greed got the best of them. Regarding GCTI, the warrant is currently sealed so any rumors that go around is that rumor. Also that is really needed to get a warrant is to have a current/former employee come forward and show some "evidence", as long their is even a chance of fraud FBI will go for it. According to news they were going through garage which tells me they were looking at previous period records. If evidence of wrong doing is there, they likely will get indited in the few weeks to months, depending how strong the evidence is.

Good point. This may turn out to be an ex-employee with an ax to grind, so they go to the FBI and make something up in order to get GCTI investigated.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
There's a couple reasons for involving local LE in their operations like this. One is simply to preserve the working relationship the FBI has with the "locals" as well as a manpower issue. Sometimes the FBI needs additional bodies to secure scenes. There's another issue with involving local LE in things. If they sufficiently anger a Sheriff, the Sheriff can wreak all kinds of havoc on the FBI's operations. The El Dorado County Sheriff caused some problems with the US Forestry Service when he basically stripped them of quite a bit of their enforcement powers...

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Good point. This may turn out to be an ex-employee with an ax to grind, so they go to the FBI and make something up in order to get GCTI investigated.

I have been told by ex-employees of GCTI that the FBI contacted them trying to get statements. And I heard this over a year ago

Last edited by a moderator:

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I have been told by ex-employees of GCTI that the FBI contacted them trying to get statements. And I heard this over a year ago

Assuming that is what happened, it fits the basic fishing expedition. Every single company have employees that were no good fit etc and were either fired or left and now they get contacted by FBI who ask them to make a statement. I am sure if enough people are contacted, someone will say something that FBI waned to hear.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Assuming that is what happened, it fits the basic fishing expedition. Every single company have employees that were no good fit etc and were either fired or left and now they get contacted by FBI who ask them to make a statement. I am sure if enough people are contacted, someone will say something that FBI waned to hear.

That is a good point :)

mike1390

Forum Captain
Well seeing that last year an FBI agent stood up at an LACO EMS meeting and basically gave everyone a heads up that they are coming after all the shady companies this comes to no surprise, he said that there are more private ambulances in LaCo than taxies. So welcome to the start of the medicare/medical fraud cases in LA!:rofl:

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

Ill pop the popcorn for this show.lol

NorthCountyEmt

Forum Probie
Where are you getting this information from? GCTI is still in business, i saw their unit doing pick up at Cedar Sinai.
I answered a craigslist ad for a Phoenix Ambulance job and they emailed me back for the interview from a GCTI email address. Lol then the lady emailed me back and said ignore GCTI, it was her old email. And the interview address was GCTI's location

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Do you know who is hosting the auction? Any details would be helpful. Thank you.
Kenporter auctions. But I would be weary on the rigs up for sale I've heard horror storys how it looks good on the outside horrible inside. Medicsontheball has a great reputation and I would hate to see you guys spoiled by crappy equipment which would leave you with a loss.