Shady Companies In LA City

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Than how are the companys at present time operatIng with the same people or use of puppet masters?

LA County ordinance didn't go in to effect until July 28,2011. As long as you had approved ambulance by CHP, were already operating in la county and filed the paperwork by end of 2012 you are okay to operated in the area that you're are licensed until hearing in which time you would either be approved or denied. If denied you could file appeal with appeal officer and likely get a stay pending appeal. An appeal officer have few options, deny appeal, grant appeal or send it back to la county ems board. If they again deny your application you can appeal again. Elite for example just won appeal outright. Med-Life was sent back to the hearing board, got their application denied and went back to appeal officer which granted them appeal and they got licensed. If you look at pending application, you feel see few companies are there that can't operated in la county until their application is approved because they were not operating in la county on July 28,2011

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
It takes around 4 month to get approval for existing company to put vehicle in to service and once you get that approval you got 120 days to do it or it expires and you have to start process over. With that being said, driving patient in to LA is not illegal, it's only illegal to pick them up from city of LA. So if all they are doing is dropping them in LA, they are not violating any rules/laws.

Regarding passing CHP/DOT. Have you looked at what is required for passing CHP? As long as vehicle is in running order that is all that is needed. Equipment beyond basic is not checked or required.

Medi-cal do not pay much, it's mainly medicare/private insurance company's. We are all for profit so yes we want a quick buck otherwise we would not be in this business. It's the reality of the business.

Bottom line "Shady" I have more respect for criminals that don't put up a front...and keep it real...

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Bottom line "Shady" I have more respect for criminals that don't put up a front...and keep it real...
So you have more respect for outright criminal operations than companies who operate legally but don't meet your arbitrary standards of "keeping it real". Good luck with that....

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
So you have more respect for outright criminal operations than companies who operate legally but don't meet your arbitrary standards of "keeping it real". Good luck with that....

Legally?? That's what I'm referring too...hiding behind the smoke screen , Yeah "legally" because they get away with it maybe...but not legally... I've seen it for myself working for alot of these dirt bag companies. You keep drinking that kool aid buddy and good luck to you with that...

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Legally?? That's what I'm referring too...hiding behind the smoke screen , Yeah "legally" because they get away with it maybe...but not legally... I've seen it for myself working for alot of these dirt bag companies. You keep drinking that kool aid buddy and good luck to you with that...
How come nobody sucks it up and reports them anonymously online? It's fast and easy. By doing so we can rid these shady people and run them out of the county and or country.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Off topic posts removed...

but let this serve as a reminder...

signadmin1.gif

SkiMaskWay

Forum Crew Member

Actually these are outright criminals....

looker

Forum Asst. Chief

I am not sure I ever seen description of what exactly this so called criminals ambulance are doing. Honestly in all of this pages I haven't seen clear description of it. So this supposedly criminal companies, what are they guilty of?

Ex: Defrauding medicare/medicaid, making their emt falsify reports etc?

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
I am not sure I ever seen description of what exactly this so called criminals ambulance are doing. Honestly in all of this pages I haven't seen clear description of it. So this supposedly criminal companies, what are they guilty of?

Sounds pretty accurate to me :0

SkiMaskWay

Forum Crew Member

Yeah that's why your not one of the FBI and LAPD that raided GCTI Ambulance yesterday... But obviously they had a search warrant. Mmmmm! Still you think no criminal activity?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yeah that's why your not one of the FBI and LAPD that raided GCTI Ambulance yesterday... But obviously they had a search warrant. Mmmmm! Still you think no criminal activity?

I don't think you quite grasp how the legal system works...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

You keep saying that, but I have yet to see any proof that a crime was committed....and I am willing to bet you don't have it either.

Law enforcement executing a search warrant does NOT mean a crime was committed...nor does it mean those on the receiving end of the search are criminals.

Last edited by a moderator:

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Time will tell. Innocent until proven guilty right?
If it happens to go for the worse I hope some of the guys and gals there are able to find jobs and carry on for the best of their familys and themselves.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Time will tell. Innocent until proven guilty right?
If it happens to go for the worse I hope some of the guys and gals there are able to find jobs and carry on for the best of their familys and themselves.

I always tell people not to judge the book by its covers, it's same for people that are get transported by ambulance. That person might look perfectly healthy but if you look at their medical hx, you will find that they are much sicker compare to what you thought by just looking at them. Yes a person might seem like they can be wheelchair bound and transported by medivan before dialysis but come after and you might find that they are too sick to be in wheelchair and need monitored during transportation.

SkiMaskWay

Forum Crew Member
You keep saying that, but I have yet to see any proof that a crime was committed....and I am willing to bet you don't have it either.

Law enforcement executing a search warrant does NOT mean a crime was committed...nor does it mean those on the receiving end of the search are criminals.

Yeah and you keep being naive about the whole ambulance biz.....its not very common to see Feds and LAPD executing search warrants.... Obviously they had enough evidence to feel they could frag these guys.... By the way yes I do know... Just like when Alpha came crashing down ...and Mr Russ and the poor rancho medic that was altering the pcrs and everyone else that got hooked .... In LA that's just the way it is.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Yeah and you keep being naive about the whole ambulance biz.....its not very common to see Feds and LAPD executing search warrants.... Obviously they had enough evidence to feel they could frag these guys.... By the way yes I do know... Just like when Alpha came crashing down ...and Mr Russ and the poor rancho medic that was altering the pcrs and everyone else that got hooked .... In LA that's just the way it is.

No, I am not naive about the whole ambulance biz....

By the same token, I do not equate a search warrant being executed to mean that the company employees or even the company are criminals. The criteria for a search warrant is substantively less than the criteria for a conviction. Sometimes search warrants are fishing expeditions by law enforcement, and sometimes they do not turn up any evidence of wrong doing.

But if you "do know" as you state, then provide your proof. Since you weren't a member here when "Alpha came crashing down...", we have no way of knowing how accurate your information is...especially considering hindsight is twenty-twenty.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
No, I am not naive about the whole ambulance biz....

By the same token, I do not equate a search warrant being executed to mean that the company employees or even the company are criminals. The criteria for a search warrant is substantively less than the criteria for a conviction. Sometimes search warrants are fishing expeditions by law enforcement, and sometimes they do not turn up any evidence of wrong doing.

But if you "do know" as you state, then provide your proof. Since you weren't a member here when "Alpha came crashing down...", we have no way of knowing how accurate your information is...especially considering hindsight is twenty-twenty.
The joke floating around is they did an Alpha.lol. I hear that their will be more raids coming up real soon. Will see what happens. The only way anyone really could of covered up anything is the run reports. You have a receiving signature on the back vs. The front and have your emt "redo" the run to your billing personnels wants and your needs. You then trash the original and place the new one in place. But a group testimonial would challenge that.