New Orleans EMS A&E show! *Video*

Gavin Istre

Forum Ride Along
Actually, I have never had a pt lose a pulse on me in the ambulance. Luck of the draw I guess, even after 4 years here. I have rotated driving with a partner though, who has lost patients. They do play up a lot of what we say, "Welcome to Hollywood" as the producer so gleefully put it. I will admit that they let us do what we do, It's the sequences that are not with a patient that they try to "simulate".

Angel

Paramedic
Ha well ill be watching. Seems to be the closest thing to "real" ems out there. Lord knows there can't be anything worse than omg emt.

Also it sounds like a great system...

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I think we're talking to a real life TV star.

Welcome, Gavin.

I like the way you "sizzle reel."

When will there be an actual trailer, and when will the show premiere?

Gavin Istre

Forum Ride Along
The producers have yet to state a trailer release, I believe that will be a network consideration. I am not positive on the exact release date in November, but we are already filming Episode 3 I believe.
And I am not a "TV star", I am a paramedic who happens to be on a show. LOL. I still make all decisions in the best interest of my patient and most of all, my family.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Good stuff Gavin. Keep up the good work.

Fedekz

Forum Probie
Ah, didn't even think of that connection, and we were constantly reminded in school that Acadian is providing bonuses at the rear for hiring in Louisiana. So the city splits its 911 calls, with a line splitting the city? Just seems a bit complicated dispatch wise. You'd think such an established city would have their own system covering in full, even if it was strictly just the city.

New Orleans EMS provides all the 911 responses for the city of New Orleans. Period. They cover their entire city. Other cities kind of fuse on with them, but it's a completely different parish. Metairie boarders New Orleans to the NorthWest and they use East Jefferson Hospital EMS, Gretna and Terrytown boarder New Orleans to the south and they use West Jefferson EMS. Then finally St Bernard parish boarders New Orleans to the east, and they use Acadian Ambulance.

Acadian provides most of the IFTs out of the New Orleans hospitals and has the majority of the nursing home contracts. They post units around the city, and do take "roll overs" if New Orleans EMS doesn't have any units available to take the call. It's not strictly Acadian that handles the roll overs, there are several private and public EMS services in the area and they get rotated through, like A-Med, Care ambulance, east and west Jeff, Acadian, etc. The dispatching isn't archaic, it's just well defined borders between parish's, which is the same everywhere, it just happens that the border splits two parish's in the middle of what most people see as the "city" of New Orleans. When in reality it's just multiple cities that grew into New Orleans :) like Metairie.

I'm very excited to see this show, I haven't worked EMS in New Orleans in a few years now but I think it was a great system for the resources they had.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Is there another trailer available?

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Where is this show!?

I am growing impatient.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Check out A&Es website for more info on the show. It's called Nightwatch

Video was taken down because we were still filming. Show is set to air Jan 22nd. Hope you guys tune in :)

Looking forward to checking it out

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Check out A&Es website for more info on the show. It's called Nightwatch

Video was taken down because we were still filming. Show is set to air Jan 22nd. Hope you guys tune in :)

Thank you for the latest update.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Saw some trailers on A&E...

Looks like it went a little further PD/FD/EMS vs just EMS.

Still looks good though; I'll be watching.

Still Jan. 22

Smitty213

Contributor of Tidbits
Saw this at some other spot on the interwebs as well, I'm intrigued! I'll give it a chance, unlike most of today's "reality" shows, i get that good old *COPS* feel from it a bit.