New Orleans EMS A&E show! *Video*

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
I often wish there were a camera crew on my truck. It would be excellent reality TV to see what I see everyday.

#vegasEMS

When I've been sober in Vegas Ive hated it so I cant imagine working there mate!

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
It's fun mostly, and it gets real often. I assure you all, on my truck there would be no need for scripts, dramatic-guidance, or reenactments.

Shoot, if it weren't a HIPPO violation I would shoot my own "sizzle reel."

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Tonight is the night. Series premier on A&E.

Angel

Paramedic
Wasn't bad. Someone said that girl talks too much and I agree. Not sure if it's because she's super loud or she just never shuts up. I like it though. Reminds me of the show "999 what's your emergency" on YouTube /BBC

MrJones

Iconoclast
And, of course, we got toned out about 1/2 way through the premier. It's A&E, though, so I'm betting they will rerun it about a half-a-million times between now and next week....

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I just wish they didn't show so many of the tired old EMS tricks from the 90s...Unknown problem guy/seizure walking around with blood from his ear getting a c collar in the ambulance, conscious and breathing driver from the MVC buying himself Narcan due to "I want to take your high away." Maybe I just work a little differently than these guys, but it drives me nuts. I can enjoy the show for what it is, but it takes some work.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Also, that girl seems like she swallowed all the terrible EMS cliches I've ever heard and just randomly vomited them up throughout the episode. Not trying to be rude or anything since I'm quite certain I would look like a moron on TV. I'm a little disappointed they transported all calls code three as well. Perhaps that was just for dramatic effect though.

SixEightWhiskey

Forum Crew Member
I think this is about as good as anyone can expect EMS to be portrayed on cable TV. No network will ever just let it be what it is, they've always got to add some drama to it. But overall I thought it was a decent look at the way things work in the truck.

MkVity

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
More importantly do we know if Bubba pulled through or not @DEmedic ???

Here's a UK one for you :D

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
I just wish they didn't show so many of the tired old EMS tricks from the 90s...Unknown problem guy/seizure walking around with blood from his ear getting a c collar in the ambulance, conscious and breathing driver from the MVC buying himself Narcan due to "I want to take your high away." Maybe I just work a little differently than these guys, but it drives me nuts. I can enjoy the show for what it is, but it takes some work.

I didn't get the whole narcan thing. I didn't get the emergent transport on the ETOH bum. They're all trying incredibly hard to impress the cameras.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I have some questions about the show and NOLA EMS.

Why is no one wearing a seatbelt?

Where did the doctor come from?

And why are they transporting everyone code 3?

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I think they didn't return hot on the drunk troll; when it showed him driving there were no flashing reflections, just that stock siren edited in.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I think they didn't return hot on the drunk troll; when it showed him driving there were no flashing reflections, just that stock siren edited in.
I thought that as well, but when Holly got the news about the heroin you can see lights

I suppose via editing magic that could have been just leaving the scene though.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I've already asked about the doctor.

No definite answer yet.

And they edited it for final release, she is not calling the patient "baby" every 3 seconds in the pilot, but was on the sneak peek at that scene a couple weeks ago.

Angel

Paramedic
And, of course, we got toned out about 1/2 way through the premier. It's A&E, though, so I'm betting they will rerun it about a half-a-million times between now and next week....

probably on their website.
@SandpitMedic, On FB it said docs in training have to do a certain amount of hours on the ambulance as apart of their program at LSU. Gives them experience and they get to see what EMS is like and hopefully have mercy on them later.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I've already asked about the doctor.

No definite answer yet.

And they edited it for final release, she is not calling the patient "baby" every 3 seconds in the pilot, but was on the sneak peek at that scene a couple weeks ago.
95% positive the doc is an Emergency medicine resident from LSU's med school. They have to spend a certain amount time with EMS. I've heard of some also doing time with Acadian's Air Med helicopters as well.

No RSI due to the local protocols not allowing it.

I didn't care for it. The Holly chick is annoying as can be and needs to shut up. No seat belts, using portable radios all the time, using the worn cliches that should've died years ago--not for me.

RefriedEMT

Forum Lieutenant
To be honest when I was working in Olympia, WA I only wore a seat belt in the back of the ambulance when I was not caring for the PT and that usually only happened on long inter-facility TX when I was done getting all the info I needed and did not have a critical PT.

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
To be honest when I was working in Olympia, WA I only wore a seat belt in the back of the ambulance when I was not caring for the PT and that usually only happened on long inter-facility TX when I was done getting all the info I needed and did not have a critical PT.

I assumed they were taking about when up front, but I really didn't pay attention to the show. If they're criticizing not wearing seatbelts in the back, put me in the crowd that never wears one.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It's on the A&E steaming channel on Roku. I'm watching it now.

... And for whoever mentioned the portable radios, it's a trunked system. I never use the truck radio, always the portable.

Interesting. Holly "c'mon baby" is an FTO.