Hurricane Dennis

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Damn Chimp, you're better than the weather channel!

And Jay and my brother have been told to pack a bag and stand by...

I am SO not in the mood for this.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Well, any FL people who want to flee can start driving to NY, I'll put you all up. :) Ooh, and if you're here by tomorrow AM you can do a ride along with me!

runindash05

Forum Crew Member
Chimp...Your 3 counties south of me. Wingnut is 3 counties south of you. Where is princess? the keys?

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Princess is in N FL, I'm not sure which city though. You never did tell us Princess...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Wingnut@Jul 8 2005, 11:08 AM
Damn Chimp, you're better than the weather channel!

That is the truth...

I have a little weather training, between Skywarn and my High School Science teacher (who was a weather nut).

we just got hit with the remanants of the "C" storm... lots of rain all morning, nothing too bad.

Jon

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Thanks for the compliments. Storm spotting/reading was a hobby of mine when I lived in Indiana. I don't get to use it much down here but when hurricane season hits I'm in full affect.

As for the Princess, she's half way between Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach and works in Fort Walton Beach. As of now (soon to be updated) Pensacola could be where the eye crosses.

I've been at the Red Cross all day preparing. We have another meeting tonight and will decide then if we are opening shelters or not.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
geez, are you guys are doing the 'hurricane of the month' thing again this year? :eek:

be careful out there....

~Stevo

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Well, I'm sticking it out at home. If they open the sheleters I've agreed to go help. It's just wait & see now.

But if I lose power, and they don't open a shelter, my butt is going to Ft. Lauderdale, No way on hell I'm going a week without AC again.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
We will be activating at 6 am tomorrow. There is no official word on shelters as of now.

I will be at the Red Cross for the next two days so I probably won't have time to check in here except for tomorrow morning.

Take care everyone.

Chimp

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
You can now see the eye on the Key West radar.

Again, as you look at the top of the radar, Naples is where Wingnut is and I'm about an hour or so north of Ft Myers.

Key West Radar

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I didn't even know there was a Hurricane. There hasn't been much on the news except for London.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Good luck to all out Florida members. My prayers are with you.

MY DMAT's on call this month, so if it gets bad we may be down there too. Haven't gotten any alerts yet though.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Well here I am...sitting and waiting. Basically we are waiting for our main facility to call us and tell us to close down. In the mean time we get to treat all the Way to Smart (stupid) for their own good people who live ON THE GULF and won't evacuate but need refills, or their ears hurt, or they have a hard time breathing from the pressure beginning to drop.

Once they close us I will go to our hospital to wait it out.

Sorry, I thought I did say where I live. I live in Navarre. Its about 20 east of Pensacola.

And as Jim Cantori said yesterday..."The people in Navarre should be very worried!"

WOW!! Jim Cantori knows where Navarre is!! After all, he is on Pensacola Beach, which is only about 15 miles to our west.

Oh..and have I mentioned just how darn yummy he is...especially standing in the hot sun, with a little sweat on his face....DAMMMM..I could watch the weather channel all day just for that!

Well Chimp and Wingnut...you guys should be feeling it pretty good about now. Hope you are both doing well.

vtemti

Forum Captain
Again, you are all in our thoughts.

Stay safe.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
It's pretty far in the Gulf now, there's a lot of wind and a few downpours but otherwise all is well here. No power outages yet and it's actually kind of cool outside, it's nice to have the place opened up. I'm going to bake my famous lace cookies today since I can't get much else done.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Well this is officially "IT." I am off to finish securing my kids pets, then to camp at the hospital.

Looks like Dennis may be a Cat 4 again after all.

I will check in as soon as I can, but it will probably be a week or so before our servers are all back up and running.

Take care.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Well we were spared the wrath of Dennis but my thoughts and prayers are now with Princess. She's gonna get hit hard.

We did alright. Just some strong gusty winds and some rain. Almost like a typical thunderstorm-type day.

I'll be back on later this weekend. Time for me to catch some zzzz's.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I went on vacation with my parents and siblings quite a long time ago, I don't even remember what year it was. But the same week we visited, Hurricane Andrew hit. The parks closed a few days into the visit, so we went along the southern coast away from the storm. Still had fun, but it was kind of a wasted vacation, since we drove down, never heard any weather report about its predicted path. When we left it was supposed to go out to sea, and not hit land. :angry:

vtemti

Forum Captain
It is 07:00 est Sunday morning and Dennis is definitely a cat 4 storm with sustained winds at 145 mph. Glad to hear the rest of you were spared, but the Princess is still directly in its path.

I know you probably won't be back on for a bit, but just wanted to say that we are praying for ya.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Absolutely Princess, be careful, we're all waiting to hear from you.