HALL AMBULANCE

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Ok guys. Any pointers on what to say and what not to say in the interview?
I interviewed there a couple of years ago and didn't get the job. The HR lady that interviewed me started off the interview by telling me about Halls Ambulance, their pay, the county "it's the size of the state of New Jersey", etc.. Then she asked me ten questions. Every single question started off with her explaining a certain quality of EMS such as customer service, stress, team work, etc., and she finished it off by asking you to share with her your experience with those qualities. For example, she'd ask "In EMS, you will have to deal with a lot of stressful situations. Tell us a time that you were in a stressful situation."

Obviously it has been a couple of years and their interview questions may have changed. I wrote a little thing on EMS interviews inside of a Rural/Metro San Diego post, but I think those questions are the same almost everywhere and usually worded differently by different agencies including Halls Ambulance. You can read it here.

Click here for their EMT protocols I found online.

Dress well! If you are driving far to interview there, don't drive there in the clothes you are going to interview with. Change into your interview clothes somewhere at or near Bakersfield instead. Make sure it is clean and there are no wrinkles.

Be early and have your paperwork ready.

It sounds like they want people who plan on being there for a long time and want to become paramedics that provide excellent patient care and customer service for the community.

Last edited:
I interviewed there a couple of years ago and didn't get the job. The HR lady that interviewed me started off the interview by telling me about Halls Ambulance, their pay, the county "it's the size of the state of New Jersey", etc.. Then she asked me ten questions. Every single question started off with her explaining a certain quality of EMS such as customer service, stress, team work, etc., and she finished it off by asking you to share with her your experience with those qualities. For example, she'd ask "In EMS, you will have to deal with a lot of stressful situations. Tell us a time that you were in a stressful situation."

Obviously it has been a couple of years and their interview questions may have changed. I wrote a little thing on EMS interviews inside of a Rural/Metro San Diego post, but I think those questions are the same almost everywhere and usually worded differently by different agencies including Halls Ambulance. You can read it here.

Click here for their EMT protocols I found online.

Dress well! If you are driving far to interview there, don't drive there in the clothes you are going to interview with. Change into your interview clothes somewhere at or near Bakersfield instead. Make sure it is clean and there are no wrinkles.

Be early and have your paperwork ready.

It sounds like they want people who plan on being there for a long time and want to become paramedics that provide excellent patient care and customer service for the community.
Don't mention the desire to become a firefighter. Hall Ambulance prefers long term career minded individuals.

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
Alright guys paid my speeding ticket! 400 bucks maan, i feel that chest pain ughhh lol

Anyway, should i get rid of the point asap or would they not mind to much about it?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Alright guys paid my speeding ticket! 400 bucks maan, i feel that chest pain ughhh lol

Anyway, should i get rid of the point asap or would they not mind to much about it?
Definitely get rid of the point.

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
Soooooooo you apply yet?
Not yet man, waiting to clear my point, yook me like 2 and a half months for the ticket to come in the mail, and i truly want my tax return as back up money to when i go out to kern co.
as of now i am trying to get some experience with mercyair if possible. Lol

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
Maybe a bit off topic, but does anyone know if Hall will hire an attendant only EMT-B. Who is unable to obtain a medical card for dmv due to medication.

No. You must possess an ambulance driver certificate.

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
ALRIGHT guys, here is my to do list this coming up.

1. Pull wisdom teeth
2. Fix TMJ
3. Father having surgery
4. Apply to hall

Ughhh

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
Keppra, it's an anti-convolsant.