HALL AMBULANCE

Angel

Paramedic
why not keep your er tech job and have them help you pay for nursing?

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
Because I want to work 911. Never had a desire to be a nurse and even If I did, the hospital I work for gives no **** about their employees so they dont help with any kind of schooling. Its pretty sad. 911 is just more for me. Just hard to wanna do when they pay is worse than some burger joints these days

Angel

Paramedic
might be worth it just to go to hall. not sure how it works (or if youre aware) but theyll put you through medic school, if thats what you want. but sorry i cant answer your question

ghost02

CA Flight Paramedic
It's 2500 a month base for a brand new emt, I normally pull in about 3000 or so, therefore on track for about 37,000 yearly. One or two extra shifts or standbys help alot!

Also, rent in a great apartment in the south west is about 800, needless to say nothing like the Bay Area. (Where I'm from as well.)

It's 2500 a month base for a brand new emt, I normally pull in about 3000 or so, therefore on track for about 37,000 yearly. One or two extra shifts or standbys help alot!

Also, rent in a great apartment in the south west is about 800, needless to say nothing like the Bay Area. (Where I'm from as well.)
My paycheck seems so much smaller after taxes... :(

No kidding! My figures are all pre tax unfortunately.
At least unlike some EMS companies, our company is consistent with employee pay, issuing W-2's, and our checks are always on time!

But to get back on track, as Ghost02 stated, a good apartment can be had for about $800 +\- a month in the southwest part of town (which is a nicer area). I currently live in the southwest and can vouch for it being a decent area.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
You make more as an EMT than I do as a medic at Acadian.

Venice13

Forum Ride Along
I've been a Paramedic for 17yrs. I worked in Ventura County, CA for AMR. I quit the job to try something new, but I miss the rig and the calls. I'm interviewing with Hall in two days. How's the interview process and does Hall pay for experience? Do they start everyone at $40,000? Thank you for your time.

Angel

Paramedic
Hall does pay for experience. Not sure how much you'd make though.
I'm also curious what a 1 year medic would make annually (before or after taxes) I think I make more hourly where I'm at but not sure how it figures yearly

Venice13

Forum Ride Along
I'm also curious what a 1 year medic would make annually (before or after taxes) I think I make more hourly where I'm at but not sure how it figures yearly
Thanks for the reply

All I can say is call Hall HR and ask them. They're more than willing to answer questions.

Angel

Paramedic
nothing to do with wanting to or be in fire...you want a long career there, i believe they have over 50% of employees have been there at least 5 years.
theres a bunch of what would do you in the scenario questions. HR type of stuff

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
@Venice13 they do pay for your experience thankfully. You won't start near 40k. Unfortunately it won't be as good as if you did all 17 yrs at Hall but it will be competitive. Cool thing is, in January 2016 we are all getting 11% raises again.

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
I read a job posting on CL For Hall stating that starting pay for EMT is a little over 14$ hr? Is this true? I keep reading a lot of stuff on here saying its like 11. Can someone clear that up

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
It's 14.20 on a 8/10 hr and 11.59 on a 12hr with daily OT after 8th hr

That's no exp, Step 1. EMT