ems sticker in your car window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
Interesting. Up here in Ontario, it's very much part of the culture of EMS that the employer has a service sticker that they issue to every medic. Ditto for fire departments, though often it's the IAFF sticker. I don't mean it's common, I mean damned near universal.

We were all given agency stickers in new hire academy. I just didn't put mine on my vehicle. Most of us don't. Some do, but most don't. I think my agency sticker is in the same place as my NREMT patch and sticker. I'll probably find them next time we move... I have no idea where any of them are at the moment. (We don't wear either state or NREMT patches on our uniforms. Just agency patches.)

RobertAlfanoNJEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I don't know what it is about the people on this site but it seems I am attacked for every post I make, and every word I use is hyperanalized. I said possibly save lives I wasn't making myself out to be some high ranking trauma surgeon who takes people on the edge of death and gives them their life back. Honestly how about you stop trying to take me down, because I'm young or new to being an EMT or because I'm from New Jersey and look at yourselves. Chances are you aren't secure with yourself or you have made some mistakes that you can't live with and you are trying to prevent the new generation from doing the same thing. Well if you have a lesson give it, otherwise shut your mouths because I am too smart and too talented to be taking **** from you middle aged fools who's only accomplishment in life is becoming an EMT or paramedic.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
I don't know what it is about the people on this site but it seems I am attacked for every post I make, and every word I use is hyperanalized. I said possibly save lives I wasn't making myself out to be some high ranking trauma surgeon who takes people on the edge of death and gives them their life back. Honestly how about you stop trying to take me down, because I'm young or new to being an EMT or because I'm from New Jersey and look at yourselves. Chances are you aren't secure with yourself or you have made some mistakes that you can't live with and you are trying to prevent the new generation from doing the same thing. Well if you have a lesson give it, otherwise shut your mouths because I am too smart and too talented to be taking **** from you middle aged fools who's only accomplishment in life is becoming an EMT or paramedic.

I feel like I'm too young for this, but what the **** is wrong with kids these days?!?
Or, A+ troll effort.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief

You certainly sound smart.

Smitty213

Contributor of Tidbits
Ironically, the county based rural fire district I used to volunteer for issued us these fancy stickers that were required to be on our vehicles as an effort by the sheriff's department to curb the growing practice of "buffing" by those people who were enthusiastic about that sort of thing.

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
tommy_lee_jones_66429.jpg

squirrel15

Forum Captain
You obviously have read no prior posts in this site. You would quickly find the age range of those that post regularly. And what makes you so smart and talented? You're obviously not smart enough to realize that cops don't give breaks to people just because they are EMTs but because someone deserves that break for being a decent human being.

SeeNoMore

Old and Crappy
Robert I applaud your enthusiasm but your last post seems crazy. Do whatever you want with stickers and stethoscopes. Who cares? You may need to develop a thicker skin. Personally I don't expect leeway from police. Everyone should be held to the same standard.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Chances are you aren't secure with yourself or you have made some mistakes that you can't live with and you are trying to prevent the new generation from doing the same thing. Well if you have a lesson give it, otherwise shut your mouths because I am too smart and too talented to be taking **** from you middle aged fools who's only accomplishment in life is becoming an EMT or paramedic.

1. And what is wrong with just being an EMT or Paramedic?
-You after all are striving to become that very thing.

2. What makes you so better than those who are EMT or Paramedic?
-You should just skip this EMS thing and go straight to surgeon..you certainly have the right mindset.

3. Many of the people who have replied and who post on this forum are far more than "just an EMT or Paramedic". We have doctors, nurses, NPs, PAs and so on. Not to take away from those who still are full time EMTs and Paramedics...just wanted to make the point that you seem fairly ignorant and do not know your audience whom you attempt to insult by degrading a profession that you are pursuing.

4. Middle age fool?
-Even at age 18 when I too was 10 feet tall and bullet proof, I never thought someone in their 40s was a fool and certainly would never call someone a fool who was in EMS in their 40s (or older) full of experience, knowledge, wisdom to share.
-The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
--William Shakespeare

5. Advice to share?
-The advice has been given, shrouded in sarcasm. You are simply unable to realize this despite how smart you tell us you are.

I do wish I was more secure with myself and do wish I had accomplished more than being a paramedic. Some day....if I do not die first (being middle aged and all...)

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Well if you have a lesson give it, otherwise shut your mouths because I am too smart and too talented to be taking **** from you middle aged fools who's only accomplishment in life is becoming an EMT or paramedic.

Relax a little. You're gonna have a bad time down at the station if you keep this attitude.

I feel like I'm too young for this, but what the **** is wrong with kids these days?!?
Or, A+ troll effort.

They grew up with thinking they're the coolest

SeeNoMore

Old and Crappy
RobertAlfanoNJEMT: Honestly whether you agree or not with the previous comments you are better off just letting it go. It's not the end of the world. Plenty of people gave me a hard time or made jokes when I was young and new. It happens. And most of the time they had a point. There are a lot of smart folks on this forum and it would be a shame to see you spend your time here arguing over petty stuff.

Good luck with your education.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
Congrats, you continue to show that you are a stereotypical kid and not worth more than a room in your parents basement. I'd suggest rereading your post to analyse all the contradictions but you've made it clear you are nothing more than a typical sheltered kid, so why bother?

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant

Dude forget pro EMT-trauma surgeon. I think you could be a legit psychologist.

Oh but on a serious note, don't take yourself so seriously man or you're not gonna last in this field. And toughen up some, no one here wishes anything but success for you in your career but busting chops is part of the culture.

Be humble, have a students mindset, and relax.

SeeNoMore

Old and Crappy
Also for what it's worth, I don't think keeping and open mind and having a sense of humor means you can't "do you". I love poking fun at whackers, but I have my own whackerish tendencies. I don't have a stethoscope hanging in my car but I carry enough supplies in my flight suit to stock a small ER. Is there some good natured teasing about this from more senior providers? Sure. Maybe someday Ill carry nothing but a pen. Maybe not. Life's too short to stress about these things as long as you are doing a good job and growing / learning.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Hahahaha.... Man, I can't believe I missed out on this one....better late than never.

Lolz!

Snowflake: "Noooooo, I'm melllllllllllllltiiiiiiing!"

Hahahahaha. Clown shoes!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Has anyone noticed that a large percentage of the people who post like that are from the ny/nj area? Must be the mindset of people up there

Status
Not open for further replies.