Do you have a nickname?

MissK

Forum Crew Member
The guys on the FD here call me either Tater Tot or Peanut :/

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I don't know how Nasty Nate or Nate Dawg got coined, but no one calls me Nate except by bosses. All of the hockey players stick with nasty and on the ambulance it's always Nate Dawg.

I'm pretty sure the story behind Nasty is probably one I don't want.

SSwain

Forum Captain
Lately. it has remained "White Cloud". My clinical rides were the birth of that.
100+ hrs of sitting at the stations for 5 contacts. Now that I am actually working as an EMT...it has carried over. More nights than not, my presence allows the medics to get a full night's sleep.

Back in the day I was "Drew" "Android" "Machine" "Dr. Drew" "Psycho" and "SASSY". The ladies called me "Oh God, Faster and Harder"..... At least that's what they would scream in my ear.:D

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Random thought but I call my partner Gumby. It's starting to stick and others are using it as well.

That's what you get being 6'4" and 165 lbs.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I don't know how I forgot about people calling me "NeoNate" or just "Neo" for short. I suppose I can thank my roommate for that one...damn nurses!

There's also an RN at one of the hospitals that calls me "Andrew Nathan" because she thought my name was Andrew for the longest time. :p

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
The Great White Hope

Tri Cert Lad

Forum Ride Along
A LONG explanation

Actually, before I got sick and retired, everyone knew me by "Rodney", I forget now why I didn't use Rodney here instead of "Tri Cert Lad" (a VERY short lived nickname when I went into the Dispatch office to train).

Maybe it was already taken, but if not, I would like to change it (and use Rodney and my employee number in the field or perhaps the one in Dispatch), either way, I don't know how to change my member's name on this forum from "Tri Cert Lad" to "Rodney", any ideas???

One of the more experienced EMT's gave me the nickname because I was so gung-ho and a go getter when I first started 35 years ago, then when I cross trained in Dispatch, one of the Dispatcher's had a similar last name which he used, so instead of my real name, they continued to use "Rodney".

Actually they can call me anything they want, just don't call me late for Supper [BIG GRIN], one of the old timers, due to retire, had a rocker made for his nametag that said "Serving since 0800" and no one caught it until he retired, he did this as a statement about ALL the rookies they were sending him to ride on the Rescue, and I guess his comfort level was disturbed at having to train them.

I had thought of getting a nametag that just said "Rodney" and wearing it, but was too concerned at getting wrote up back then.

So, I'm happy to have found this Forum, and if permitted, I might relate some humorous (and sometimes "not so" humorous stories) that I had encountered after 32 years in my "service" to the County.

Sorry about such a long post. :rolleyes:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
It's not really one from the EMS life, but back in my freshman year, people started calling me "little blitzkreig."
I never found out exactly why, but I think it had something to do with me always bouncing off the walls from being hyper. Little is my last name, so that's where that part came from. It carried over on my ride along though. I went with a buddy from EMT who mentioned it and the FD started calling me "blitz."

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Splits. I lacerated my scrotum 3 inches at a firefighting academy on a rusty L spike on a telephone pole. 8 stitches later and 3 hours later I was back at the academy.

I actually do enjoy the nickname and have no problem telling the story.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Splits. I lacerated my scrotum 3 inches at a firefighting academy on a rusty L spike on a telephone pole. 8 stitches later and 3 hours later I was back at the academy.

Alright, I've seen that story twice in the past two days... I keep cringing and crossing my legs everytime...

bearmedic

Forum Probie
The last company I worked for called me "Big C" due to there being three people on the same shift with the same name. Here I have been called "Bear". Due to my wife and I both going to Baylor and being big fans.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Alright, I've seen that story twice in the past two days... I keep cringing and crossing my legs everytime...

If I kept my legs crossed the laceration probably wouldn't have happened hahaha

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Ohhhhhhh.....the pain!

Bieber

Forum Crew Member
My preceptors nicknamed me Bieber or "Biebs" during my internship because of my appearance and my hair (and my first name). To this day they still call me it.

JPINFV

Gadfly

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3viQHsBFc4[/YOUTUBE]

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
The most common one that I get is Flava Flav since my name is Flavio

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I get F-Bomb because of my Last name.